Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2006, 14:20   #16
BHPian

Quote:
something should be done about them. Whether to catch hold of the vendors or the companies, its police/investigative officers' job.
Right I agree something should be done about them,
But who will do it???
how will it get done???

I was responding to your comment on "Cab drivers are penalised because of late coming and hence they drive fast"
The attempt was to show the root cause,

When an accident is isolated... the cab driver will be penalised for violating traffic rules most likely.
So in all likely hood blame the cab drivers...
But will it solve the problem you penalise one there are ten others to take the place

MY opinion target the vendors, pressurise the authorities to regulate the vendors .. anything else will fail
Regulations like if a cabbie is speeding the vendor pays for it... then you will notice a reversal in trends where drivers will be incentivised for carefull drving

To second my thoughts, Ask yourself who can discipline the cab drivers logic say's their vendors or owners. Unfortunately they do not come into anyone's ire, because you just see the speeding cabbie and vent your frustration on them

Its a diffrent issue on how to regulate the vendors who are unorganised and do not come into the light at all.

Another point BPO's cannot be blamed because they will point their fingers to the vendors who have been charged with providing efficient transport. not a transport system which causes n number of accidents a day.

Please do not think I am taking sides, I just trying to bring the matters which go unnoticed but all the same are the key levers to solve the problem

No offence meant.
Old 8th November 2006, 19:33   #17
BHPian

The BPO Cabbies are getting dangerous by the day.

Always in a hurry like the delivery schedules of a software company. This speaks about the bad time management by the cabbie / transport company.

Assume its an Indicab that's doing the duty, the cabbie has to pickup only 4 guys / gals. So if one of them makes him late he can make up for the time. But for the qualis cabbie he has to pickup 7 / 8 / 9 . One or two persons turning up late screws up his timing and results in over speeding.

The only solution seems to be like this - employees moving to residences closer to the company
Old 9th November 2006, 14:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

If anyone turns up late, why should the driver take it on himself to reach them on time ? he could always record the time each person was picked up & the late comer could be punished. why do these drivers think that they are responsible for taking these people on time ?
Old 9th November 2006, 16:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
why do these drivers think that they are responsible for taking these people on time ?

Besides isn't taking their passengers safely to whereever they are going a bigger responsiblity?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks