Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2005, 09:08   #1
Team-BHP Support

Accident at crossing

When the traffic lights are off(even when they are on where delhi is concerned) people consider its their god given right to zoom through. This accident happened near the reliance building in noida. This was an intersection between a major and a minor road. The Honda city was coming at about 60kmph on the major road and the Call center qualis was at about 40, crossing the major road.
Well both didn't look, and though honda city left about 2 meters of skid marks, it was not enough to stop, and bang!
Nobody was injured thanks to seatbelts being worn by the honda city guys. The qualis sustained less damage and merely spun around a complete 340, but if hitter had been a higher vehicle it would have overturned.

Remeber guys, racing blindly through an intersection will only cause pain.

Old 2nd July 2005, 09:18   #2
BHPian

Damage to the Qualis is barely noticeable but look at the state the Honda is in. Some one looking at it would have felt it had a head on with a truck at 100 something.
Old 2nd July 2005, 12:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

damn ...the qualis looks like nothing ever happened ...thats huge damage on the city .. always good to come to complete halt look and then accelerate out of a crossing where the traffic signals are not working ...
Old 2nd July 2005, 16:37   #4
BHPian

Is this the crossing next to Adobe ??

In delhi, Qualis cabs are the most dangerous things now after the blueline buses. Really need to discipline them , especially the young drivers they hire.

Tarun
Old 2nd July 2005, 17:21   #5
BHPian

Boy, doesnt this happen everyday, especially on the Mehrauli-Gurgaon road? Really sick at the way people drive around here. And it's no use blaming the drivers 'coz nothing's gonna change. Best thing is to drive safe and keep a watch for such morons.

Manti.
Old 4th July 2005, 10:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Both the drivers were at moderate speed that kept the damage to this extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin
Some one looking at it would have felt it had a head on with a truck at 100 something.
I had read a report " Honda City crashed with Van". If you see the photo of that article, really its heart stopping. The Honda was damaged to its tails & both occupants died on spot.

This has prompted me to put the blog " shell relaiability"

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6258
Old 4th July 2005, 10:56   #7
Team-BHP Support

Yup, the same one. even when signal is on people just jump at will. I once got honked to death because i stopped at red light at night. My cousin told me that if i want to stop at red lights at night i better stop in the leftmost lane otherwise somebody will ram me from behind!
Old 4th July 2005, 12:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

delhi traffic is really getting worse that ways ...you have to watch out for fools on a rampage ,specially the call center drivers driving those qualis..

few days back at the mehrauli gurgaon road ..a little prick in an Alto started racing some "gunda" looking dude in the santro ...i was tailing them from a distance ..in heavy traffic ..when we reached that air force mess/base traffic light ..i was ahead of the alto for some reason (i wasnt racing or anything) and right behind the santro ...(there is a speed breaker in front of that mess/campus)...suddenly i here a long screech and i look to the left and i see that alto come sideways towards me and whammed into the door of the santro ...

gawd the guy got a beating of his life ... they took away his keys ..his clothes were torn ...it was hilarious though felt sorry for the kid ...he was shivering and getting thrashed by people who were not even part of the accident ..
"kya dhulai hui thi uski " - seriously !!

complete fools like these cause the delhi traffic to be the way it is nowadays ...
Old 19th July 2005, 09:37   #9
BHPian

Saw this accident last evening where two (call centre??) sumos were racing each other on busy Hosur road here without any regard to traffic. There were lot of people inside too. This one guy cuts and tries to overtake through the left and rams the other guy on the left rear sending him out of control. By sheer luck nothing happened but both the drivers were manhandled by some locals who were following the whole show. Crazy guys put other road users at risk.
Old 29th October 2006, 21:25   #10
BHPian

These "races" between call center cabs are very frightening. You can get hurt/your car can be damaged even though you may be a safe driver. I heard, when i was in Delhi, that the call center Qualis's would be fitted with some 50-KmPh speed limiter. Dont know whether it was true. But this kind of equipments would help general pedestrians, drivers and even the call center employees inside the cabs.

My wifey was working in Convergys for 8 months and she met with 2 accidents. While one was a minor one, in another one she had a broken left arm and the driver was spot dead. She took almost 2 months to come out of the shock.

But on a broader note i think, what my wife says, as she worked in the Admin dept., the cab owners got fined from the company if they came with a bacth of employees late. Thats why all cab owners push their drivers and they in turn act stupid endangering their lives as well as others.

Dont know who is eactly to be blamed here.
Old 30th October 2006, 11:17   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Dont know who is eactly to be blamed here
Some interesting insight on BPO's and their cabs.

1) BPO companies care for their employees and mostly the feeling is mutual.
2) True they they fine their vendors for late coming since it will impact their business if employees turn up late despite spending a bomb to serve a simple need of punctuality
3) The drivers are pressurised to speed to meet timelines is true

Points to ponder

1) For a BPO apart from employee salary the next biggest spend is transport.
2) various companies have devised diffrent solutions to tackle the scheduling and logistics
3) But despite all this efforts the vendors try to cut corners to make a fast buck
4) Assume a vendor is contracted for 100 vehicles, he sends lesser vehicles to the company for the transport. to pocket the profits arising out of vehicles not used, better still he contacts other BPO's and agrees to supply vehilcles there as well,
so now he is in a situation where he needs to provide efficient tranport to 2 bpo's so you can imagine where all the pressure is coming from and why the cabbies are always in a hurry.
4) the drivers are obvously are incentivised based on the number of trips they make in a day.

Hope this clears some air why cabbies are always in a hurry
Old 30th October 2006, 14:19   #12
BHPian

Apart from the reasons kiranphastakar has put in I think that the BPO employees are bear some penalty like no incentives for today or salary cut etc.

The basic thing is IMHO the BPO managements typically are reactive. If some thing serious happens, then they will put in a lot of legal checks and balances. If not they leave it as it is. If something ain't broke why fix.

Some thing seriously need to happen in India folks for any action to be taken. I feel that this is mainly due to the "if I'm not affected i'm not interested in fixing" mentality of Indian citizenry.

lsjey
Old 30th October 2006, 20:22   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar
Assume a vendor is contracted for 100 vehicles, he sends lesser vehicles to the company for the transport. to pocket the profits arising out of vehicles not used, better still he contacts other BPO's and agrees to supply vehilcles there as well,
so now he is in a situation where he needs to provide efficient tranport to 2 bpo's so you can imagine where all the pressure is coming from and why the cabbies are always in a hurry.
The point why cabbies hurry is clear with me too, my question was who was to blame. If the vendor is not providing the correct number of vehicles, as contracted by the BPO, there should be some mechanishm to tracj that. Anyways i dont want to go to the internals on how BPO works, something should be done about them. Whether to catch hold of the vendors or the companies, its police/investigative officers' job.
Old 30th October 2006, 23:14   #14
BHPian

did the qualis or the city run the red light?
Old 31st October 2006, 00:52   #15
Team-BHP Support

Whoever may be responsible but one thing is sure. All these acts leaves the cab drivers with a wham-bam-thank-u-mam attitude. They just are always trigger happy (pedal happy?!), whether they need to be so or not... Every week at least twice I see major accidents on the turn to enter CyberGateway here in Hyderabad. Inevitably some cabby takes that 90degrees turn to enter the Gateway, by crossing across the major road and some oncoming vehicle just rams into it. Even today morning I found an Indicab with its front completely crumpled lying next to the walls of Rock Heights entrance (shilparamam side entry).

The fact is that these guys need to be penalized, maybe even licenses withdrawn for regular offenders. But the police always turns a nelson's eye to all these nutty acts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks