Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 12:07   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Does anyone has an update on current conditions at Sony word junction and inner ring road ?
Very bad. It took 90min for me reach my office at EGL from Sony World junction. But I really could not figure out why there is such a big jam
Old 17th August 2009, 12:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Took me 3 hours to reach office today! From Bannerghatta road to EGL. Normally it takes 50 minutes.

Made quite a few friends, specially one guy in M800 whom i followed for quite some distance. He had a nice knack for traffic and i gave my instincts a break and just followed him. Pulled up next to him at one intersection and thanked him and exchanged a few pleasantries.

I thought wot the heck... the traffic aint going anywhere... so better smile and share the agony with others!
Old 17th August 2009, 12:22   #18
BHPian

I started a little late from home (kodigehalli/hebbal) around 8:50am via ring roads and reached office (Marathahalli) at the usual time 9:50am. Did not encounter too much traffic than the normal, neither got any waterlogged roads! Lucky me?

Last edited by nnandi : 17th August 2009 at 12:28.
Old 17th August 2009, 12:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Took me 3 hours to reach office today! From Bannerghatta road to EGL. Normally it takes 50 minutes.

Made quite a few friends, specially one guy in M800 whom i followed for quite some distance. He had a nice knack for traffic and i gave my instincts a break and just followed him. Pulled up next to him at one intersection and thanked him and exchanged a few pleasantries.

I thought wot the heck... the traffic aint going anywhere... so better smile and share the agony with others!
Ho you are also in EGL . Mine was just 2 hours from JP nagar side to EGL . Inner ring road ,BTM was a total .
Old 17th August 2009, 12:54   #20
Team-BHP Support

Thats the problem - the IRR stretch from Koramangala to EGL was a lake bed which reappears during rains
Old 17th August 2009, 13:06   #21
BHPian

Bannerghatta road was partially submerged due to over night rain yeasterday. Even now, it is full of water flowing through underground ditch. Bilekahalli signal is even worst, full of drainage in the road :(
Old 17th August 2009, 13:10   #22
BANNED

I also takes the Koramangala 80 ft road to reach EGL and today all traffic was forced to take the inside route due to flodded roads, took extra 20 minutes to reach office.
Old 17th August 2009, 13:46   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

every single lake and catchment area is now a builder's paradise - so what can we expect?

I remember about 12-14 years ago, the entire agara lake area and part of HSR Layout and the whole area between agara and the inner ring road near eejipura had lots of water with a few island-ish bits thrown in. Sarjapur Road near total mall until a short 6 years ago, had a huge Swamp on the right side and on the left side as well. What is left of this now? It has just become one humongous concrete jungle, leaving nowhere for the water to collect!

ST Bed in Koramangala and other places of that kind simply didnt exist in their current form.

Naturally, water will find its own level and following gravity will simply tend to collect in the lowest lying areas available to it.

Lack of proper town/ city planning, short term vision, motivated only by greed, complete lack of proper empowered civic/ corporation authorities and the evil real estate/ building mafia are the root causes of the situation.

the same thing is happening in all our major cities and the saddest thing is that we dont seem to be able to stop it!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 17th August 2009 at 13:49.
Old 17th August 2009, 13:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Ho you are also in EGL . Mine was just 2 hours from JP nagar side to EGL . Inner ring road ,BTM was a total .
I started from near Meenakshi temple. A friend of mine had messaged me earlier that a tree had fallen on Maruthi nagar road. Also, i saw traffic piled up right from the ramp to Jayadeva circle flyover. So, i went straight towards dairy circle. There also i went up ahead to Audugodi, turned back towards Koramangala and took the small road opposite forum. From Jayadeva circle to Sony World took me about half an hour only. IRR was the worst though.
Old 17th August 2009, 14:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Very well said shankar!

buildings are built haphazardly and then called development!

IRR gets dangerous after heavy down pour, 5years back it took me more then 2hrs to reach domlur junction from Koramangala on bike, after that i make sure i avoid this road if it rains..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
every single lake and catchment area is now a builder's paradise - so what can we expect?

I remember about 12-14 years ago, the entire agara lake area and part of HSR Layout and the whole area between agara and the inner ring road near eejipura had lots of water with a few island-ish bits thrown in. Sarjapur Road near total mall until a short 6 years ago, had a huge Swamp on the right side and on the left side as well. What is left of this now? It has just become one humongous concrete jungle, leaving nowhere for the water to collect!

ST Bed in Koramangala and other places of that kind simply didnt exist in their current form.

Naturally, water will find its own level and following gravity will simply tend to collect in the lowest lying areas available to it.

Lack of proper town/ city planning, short term vision, motivated only by greed, complete lack of proper empowered civic/ corporation authorities and the evil real estate/ building mafia are the root causes of the situation.

the same thing is happening in all our major cities and the saddest thing is that we dont seem to be able to stop it!
Old 17th August 2009, 14:35   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Very well said shankar!

buildings are built haphazardly and then called development!

IRR gets dangerous after heavy down pour, 5years back it took me more then 2hrs to reach domlur junction from Koramangala on bike, after that i make sure i avoid this road if it rains..
May 2005, I got stuck on the IRR on the outer lane towards Indiranagar. Inner lane saw cars partially submerged - above the wheels. Auto's were on my left - cleaning and drying their engines. Poor guys, each time they saw a bus, they signalled for mercy. The buses just waded past and soaking their engines. The bow waves created were scary. Suddenly, an Indicab comes out of domlur and decides best way is to go full clip. Puff of black smoke - seized engine. Poor couple strnded - they wade onto the divider in puring rain. I felt sorry and let them sit in my car.

45 min - get onto airport road and drop them at the bus stop

Always take the high road!
Old 17th August 2009, 16:43   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

do you remember 2005 Sep/Oct? when parts of HSR Layout got completely flooded owing to the Madivala lake/ catchment having broken its banks - the breach was created by some chaps who lived near the catchment who had got sick of being flooded out, so they let the water out completely by breaching the bank.

heavy rains at the time caused the whole of the Koramangala 80 ft road to be submerged - my Bolero used to buzz through quite easily but in 1st gear with constant acceleration - i never took my foot off even for a milli second, lest the water get in.

at that time in HSR, there were a large number of cars stranded, fallen into huge potholes, open drains and so on - I used to hook up my tow-rope and pull them out, when passing.

the reason for such chaos is simple, a complete lack of proper storm water drainage - clogging drains with construction debris and other unmentionable garbage. total apathy on the part of our famous BBMP and others to do anything. Complete lack of co-ordination between the various civic bodies in getting this basic infrastructure ready and done.

Just see by contrast, in other parts of town - such as perhaps Palace Orchards, Malleswaram, SadashivaNagar, Jayamahal, Ali Asgar Road, Cantonment area etc - the venerable old drainage systems laid by the Brits and the erstwhile Mysore Maharaja still work beautifully (except of course where the current crop of dunderheads from the BBMP have been fiddling about).

However, all the newer residential areas with the possible exception of Jayanagar continue to suffer because their drainage systems were never planned properly by the inheritors of the Bangalore Corporation/ Civic bodies!

City Planning, Town Planning etc are desperately necessary to atleast bring some order into the chaos caused in Bangalore by the un-bridled expansion and continual building violations which we are seeing in front of our very eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
May 2005, I got stuck on the IRR on the outer lane towards Indiranagar. Inner lane saw cars partially submerged - above the wheels. Auto's were on my left - cleaning and drying their engines. Poor guys, each time they saw a bus, they signalled for mercy. The buses just waded past and soaking their engines. The bow waves created were scary. Suddenly, an Indicab comes out of domlur and decides best way is to go full clip. Puff of black smoke - seized engine. Poor couple strnded - they wade onto the divider in puring rain. I felt sorry and let them sit in my car.

45 min - get onto airport road and drop them at the bus stop

Always take the high road!
Old 17th August 2009, 17:25   #28
Team-BHP Support

Just heard that Dakshin Honda got stranded. Neighbouring lake broke its bank and submerged the service area. 15 cars are submerged including 4 Civics. One of them is from my company. Will start another thread on this. 5 feet of water. Some cars saved since they were on ramps all night. They are still pumping out water
Old 17th August 2009, 17:38   #29
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Where do you live in Sanjaynagar? I am a frequent visitor to that side of town. We can meet up sometime.

Prabhu, I live at Amruthnagar, right opposite to the Kodigehalli gate. Send me your contact details, we can meet up over the weekend?
I live in Sanjaynagar too hey MCL, you come to Vidya Sagar by any chance ? Thought I saw you once.
Old 17th August 2009, 18:32   #30
BANNED

different city, last year, similar situation.
get a load of these pictures from Ameerpet, Hyderabad...
the funny part is that I live a kilometer away and yet, had to be informed about this by a friend who lives thousands of miles away in the US.
Attached Thumbnails
Slight Floods in Bangalore this morning!-_2_07a178fc07b35bac003e753e652574c0.jpeg  

Slight Floods in Bangalore this morning!-_2_07a1e7d007b35bac003e753e652574c0.jpeg  

Slight Floods in Bangalore this morning!-_2_07a1e9d407b35bac003e753e652574c0.jpeg  

Slight Floods in Bangalore this morning!-_2_07a1ebd807b35bac003e753e652574c0.jpeg  

Slight Floods in Bangalore this morning!-_2_07a1eddc07b35bac003e753e652574c0.jpeg  

Slight Floods in Bangalore this morning!-_2_09fdf9e407b35bac003e753e652574c0.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks