Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 18:42   #31
BHPian

I live in HSR layout on Friday night due to debris from a building getting broken next door we had a reverse inflow of rain water into our apartment basement; 3-4 ft of water the stair case near our security office reminded me of Balmuri falls in Mysore.

Eventually the compound wall at the back side gave away and the apartment was dry again but by that time 3-4 cars had their carpets drowned. :(
Old 17th August 2009, 19:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Whats the state of Koramangala 80ft road...Maharaja restaurant road?5 years back was working ina company on that road and whenever it used rain heavily all used to leave office early else you are stuck for a long time...once witnessed all the parked cars floating...
Old 17th August 2009, 20:07   #33
BHPian

Lohith: Guess the situation is still the same, nothing seems to have changed.
Old 17th August 2009, 23:23   #34
BHPian

@ 11 AM the whole Inner Ring road was totally jammed. From Domlur Fly over to Ejipura Signal.
In Marathalli Next to Purva it was flooded on Sat itself due to the over flow of near by lake. In bangalore we have lost lots of Lake in name of development. Many lake got shrink too.
I think rain should lash heavily else we will be facing lots off water problem in city.
Old 18th August 2009, 09:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
In bangalore we have lost lots of Lake in name of development. Many lake got shrink too.
I read in today's newspapers that because of Sunday night's rains, the excess water from the lakes entered nearby homes.

Not just that, some fish and snakes also entered people's homes along with this excess lake water.

How scary is that !

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

Its raining full force now in blore 1.28 am , luckily the next 2 days no office . Watch out guys .
Old 22nd August 2009, 08:16   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Rains on friday/weekend means GREAT NEWS for off-roaders. So we should have some fun on Sunday and find some slush.

The weather on Friday evening was really pleasant and this is what I saw on way back from office -- 2 rainbows side by side. It was a breathtaking view and the colors of the rainbow were so vivid, full & rich

Slight Floods in Bangalore this morning!-img0150a.jpg

Slight Floods in Bangalore this morning!-img0151a.jpg
Old 18th September 2009, 14:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

What rains this afternoon. Hosur Road is clogged to the 'T'. ANy updates in the other areas ?
Advice to leave after 2 hours.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 18th September 2009 at 14:48.
Old 18th September 2009, 14:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
What rains this afternoon. Hosur Road is clogged to the 'T'. ANy updates in the other areas ?

Wow lucky me, was thinking of taking my car to Concorde(Hosur rd) this afternoon....decided will go tomorrow and well well that was a good decision

Well Marathalli and sorrounding area no rains yet just drizzle
Old 18th September 2009, 14:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post

Just came through Koramangala. Half the roads are rivers. But hopefully the roads might get better by evening.
Old 18th September 2009, 15:00   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
It was indeed a rare sight. For as long as I remember, it always rained in the evenings in Bangalore.

Rains in the morning I loved it.
Same here for me. When I came down to bangalore first time, it rained everyday in the evening from May- June to September. That was so pleasant experience that made me settled down in Bangalore. A lot is changed now though. Earlier during the evening time, rain brought people in nice mood. Now during evening if it rains people start cursing and worrying about what time they will be reaching home due to flooded roads and maddening traffic.
Old 18th September 2009, 15:01   #42
BHPian

Wednesday, Big Traffic Jam near CV Raman Nagar due to 2 trees falling down on either approach road from Old Madras Road and one from BHEL

Huge Traffic jam.. Took 45 minutes to reach office from Indiragar, just 4km away.

When any road digging is done, they cut of the roots of all the trees as well and no wonder the Trees fall down. We really dont have that heavy a wind here to knock down those trees. Look at the size of some of those trees, no way are they going to fall down for this small windy downpour.
Old 18th September 2009, 15:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

So inner ring road will be neck to neck jam from Domlur till sony world .If ever stuck in this jam , clutch life will be reduced to half . Damn ...need to go out through internal routes now .

Last edited by black12rr : 18th September 2009 at 15:11.
Old 18th September 2009, 15:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

It seems same state in Majestic and MG road, people who are planning to take a bus from Majestic better start now, it can be chaotic...
Old 18th September 2009, 17:16   #45
Senior - BHPian

Corrupt Town planning authority and implementation agencies like BBMP are to be blamed for the mess created in Bangalore. It looks like no one has a vision for this IT city.Builders and individuals holding flats /houses are also to be blamed for the flooding.

I don’t understand the foolishness and the ignorance of the citizens, people can pay Rs 200-300 for a tanker full of water on a regular basis but they will not invest in cost effective sustainable technologies like Rain water harvesting.

I am sure that almost 50% of Bangalore depends on ground water as a primary source of water which we know is not a infinite source. Every year people are drilling deeper costlier bore wells to get water. But sadly they don’t want to invest in rain water harvesting.

Simple rain water harvesting systems can collect and channel all rainwater falling on rooftops to an underground storage for non potable use or can be used for recharging the depleting ground water sources. If every one implement such simple systems then our drains will not overflow as most of the water will be put to better use and situation like flooding can be avoided to a great extent.

Government agencies should wake up and implement such initiatives proactively so before the city dries up and leading to new water wars like Cavery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks