Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 10:10   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Today is the start of a 3-day weekend, going to be great fun at Majestic.
Not sure how many people will miss their train / bus today. And if it starts raining in the evening, things will be truly Bangalorean
Old 25th September 2009, 10:17   #62
BHPian

I left my EC office at 11.15pm last night and reached my home near Madiwala at 12. Was stuck in a midnight traffic jam at Bommanahalli for 20-25 mins.

Never seen soo many trucks lined up. Also there were loads of trucks on the wayside broken down.

In short, it was pathetic. Heard there was knee deep water right after the Bommanahalli junction at around 10. Also the traffic was piled up till Kudlu Gate at that time.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:30   #63
BHPian

Yesterday my wife - works at Electronics city, came through jail road. Her normal route is through Bommanhalli - but she took this route and was home in 1/2 hour (We live in HSR).
Others were stuck on Hosur road for more than an hour. It appears that somewhere around silk board there is a major water logging and the traffic keeps piling up.

So, if you are going from electronics city towards HSR/SJPur/Belundur etc, take the Jail road during rains.
Old 25th September 2009, 16:12   #64
Team-BHP Support

I saw the pile up at Kudlu gate on my way back from E-city. I know 3 roads which go to HSR layout from Hosur road.

One is the Jail road, other is from Kudlu gate to HSR or to Sarjapur road. 3rd is from Garebhavepalya next to HMT to HSR 27th main.
Old 25th September 2009, 16:38   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Yesterday my wife - works at Electronics city, came through jail road. Her normal route is through Bommanhalli - but she took this route and was home in 1/2 hour (We live in HSR).
Others were stuck on Hosur road for more than an hour. It appears that somewhere around silk board there is a major water logging and the traffic keeps piling up.
Water Logging near Silk Board and traffic piling up. Every year the same stupid story.
I remember 3 years back I think, a record rain in Bangalore and I left ECity around 5:30 by bus and reached my home in RT Nagar at night 10:30.
Old 25th September 2009, 19:53   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Water Logging near Silk Board and traffic piling up. Every year the same stupid story.
I remember 3 years back I think, a record rain in Bangalore and I left ECity around 5:30 by bus and reached my home in RT Nagar at night 10:30.
Well, some people in Mumbai left their office never to reach home due to the flood and year this is a regular phenomenon in cities ...
Old 1st October 2009, 18:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Well, some people in Mumbai left their office never to reach home due to the flood and year this is a regular phenomenon in cities ...
The intensity of the rains in Mumbai & Bangalore cannot be compared. I am sure people who have seen July 26 rains would agree.

I am quite sure if it happens in Bangalore the entire city will be under floods as the drainage systems and encroachments on lake areas is quite evident.
Old 1st October 2009, 19:25   #68
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore has not seen heavy rain and that to continously for a long long time, what has saved Bangalore all the while is here it doesnt rain continously. if it rains the way it rains in coast am sure it will be a disaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
The intensity of the rains in Mumbai & Bangalore cannot be compared. I am sure people who have seen July 26 rains would agree.

I am quite sure if it happens in Bangalore the entire city will be under floods as the drainage systems and encroachments on lake areas is quite evident.
Old 5th October 2009, 14:03   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjebs View Post
Surprisingly no one has written about the rains last night. The place I live in Yeshwanthpur was completely flooded. Also the IISC campus compound wall (near divanarapalya) was broken due to the rain. No pics sorry
I live in SBM colony in Mathikere (close to JP Park).My apartment car parking was completely flooded and my Chevy Magnum submerged in water. Seats, music system etc. all washed out. Car was towed away in the morning and is now sitting at the Kropex service center. Got news that it might take a month's time before i get it back. Also, need to see what the estimated cost will be. Thanks to BBMP for this wonderful experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks