Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 14:42   #31
BANNED

For the last 3 years my cousin and his family has not talked to me or visit my house because I refused to give my car to him. I do not ask my friends for their vehicles and also dont allow them to use mine.
Cheers
Old 27th August 2009, 15:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
For the last 3 years my cousin and his family has not talked to me or visit my house because I refused to give my car to himCheers
Hey thats sad man. People need to understand the owner's stand. Was it an emergency or something, or a joyride ?
Old 27th August 2009, 15:18   #33
BHPian

I have no probs sharing my bike ,however when it comes to my car i outrightly refuse .Having said this once i had to let my dear friend's GF drive with my driver in tow for about 100 mts since she wanted to feel how my car drives .Sometimes have to relent even you are not comfortable
Old 27th August 2009, 15:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

Like most of us here, am very possesive of my bike & car!

Bike, I had given to very few friends who I know drive very sedatly & carefully!

Car, none so far & will remain so!
Old 27th August 2009, 16:32   #35
BHPian

1. I dont mind giving my car to my friends who drive carefully (They should own a car as well and driven carefully). Valid License as well

2. I dont drive rashly or recklessly, so I dont sit with anyone who drive their car rashly or recklessly.

3. I dont drink and drive, so NO way I will sit with anyone who is drunk and driving.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

I have been guilty of getting a dent on a friend's brand new car, because of my carelessness. I fixed it for him without claiming insurance(what else could I do?). After that incident though, my friend himself has had many incidents(not all his mistake) and almost anyone who has driven that car has crashed it somehow. He remains a friend to this day, and he drives my car as well. If the friendship is deep, nothing comes in between.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

My friend and his wife took my car for a trip last month and returned in a very bad shape (Thanks, he rubbed!! see the snaps!!).

I understand that accidents can happen to anyone anytime, but what hurts is his response to my request for paying 50% of the repair cost!!

I still believe that there are friends who will not even show the vehicle to me in such a shape and get it repaired 100% at their cost.

It all depends on the person who takes your car!!
Attached Thumbnails
Experiences: Friends & relatives borrowing your car-c1.jpg  

Experiences: Friends & relatives borrowing your car-c2.jpg  

Old 27th August 2009, 17:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I understand that accidents can happen to anyone anytime, but what hurts is his response to my request for paying 50% of the repair cost!!
I am going to be optimistic and ask you if you mean to say he did not pay 50% but he paid 100% for the damage done right ?
Old 27th August 2009, 17:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Coolclouds, that's bad!

I think your friend should have got it fixed completely! any incident/accident in the absence of the owner should be borne by the person who has taken the vehicle...lastly i hope you have done a check on what happened you should get into the situation of Mr Krishnagiri...
Old 27th August 2009, 17:29   #40
BHPian

This funny incident happened quite some years back when I owned a Yamaha. It was my bike but was free for use for anyone just because I did not mind much. But one day, things changed.

I was walking around in the market place (yes, someone had borrowed my bike without asking me) and I found my bike at the side of the road. I started wondering which of my friends got it there when this guy with his girl friend walks up to me and rudely says, "Why are you staring at my bike like this?". I was speechless and then managed to ask him, "Is this your bike?" "Of course", he retorts, "you think it belongs to you?" again, rudely.

I went back to my room and waited for him to come back. Imagine his surprise when he saw me there and asking for the keys. He was speechless now.

My room mates got a mouthful from me and that was the last time I ever lent my bike to all and sundry. And I am sure, I am not going to lend my car to anyone.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Many many years ago I learnt how to say NO and that too bluntly and on the face and as the saying goes - One no and your saved off thousand problems. I know for sure that it was not all liked and I was called a "ghamandi".

I don't share any of my materialistic possessions even with my family. The thumb rule for the family is, if you like something that I possess and want to use it, buy a new one but don't take mine.

I never even give my pen to anybody at banks, post offices, ATMs, or any other place as I use fountain pens (Mont Blanc). If the nib is spoiled then the whole pen gets ruined. I do get strange and dirty looks, sometimes even have been called eccentric and fussy, but I give a damn.

Last edited by gd1418 : 27th August 2009 at 17:34.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Coolclouds, that's bad!

I think your friend should have got it fixed completely! any incident/accident in the absence of the owner should be borne by the person who has taken the vehicle...
Well it has been that all the way. I wonder why he did not pay up.
@Coolclouds what was his say on the pay up issue ?
I thought that was common sense, but like you Lohit, I too now realise that commonsense is very uncommon.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:45   #43
BHPian

I had a similar experience.

Last year, I was getting late from college, and I need to to be on Bus stop before it passes from there. So I took my bike, reached the bus stop, left my bike there and wemt to college. My friend said he need my bike for some work. He was very close friend. so I asked him to get the secondary key from home and pick the bike, after your work, leave it at home.

He did the same. But unfortunately, when he was coming back to leave the bike, bike wasn't starting. It was low in fuel, but rather checking the fuel tank, he opened the circuit compartment, removed a fuse and made a direct connection between wires. Somehow bike started and he left it at home.

In the evening, I had to go to market, I took my bike checked that fuel was low, so I thought to get it refilled first. One of my other friend was also with me, on the way, he had some work, so we stopped in the market.

I was sitting on my bike, bike switch to off, there was a smell of burning wires, I was looking here and there that from where its coming. In a couple of minutes, I got a huge smoke around me!

YES! It was my bikes circuit which got shot and bike wiring catched fire. I at the next moment, got off the bike, opened the battery compartment to detach the wires from the battery. Fortunately, I was in market and some uncle came with water and pour it over the battery.

IT got a huge crowd around me, some were laughing some were shocked.

From that day I did not give my bike to anyone.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

First of all, I sent the vehicle for repair and told my friend about the bill.

I asked him to pay only 50% (considering it could have been happened to me as well - fate!!)

I met him two times after this incident but still waiting for the payment!!
Old 27th August 2009, 17:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

^^ Shucks man, he might have taken out an old grudge ^^

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks