Team-BHP - Hit by a PMT bus
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Hit by a PMT bus (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/6432-hit-pmt-bus.html)

Hi,

My Zen got hit by a PMT bus from behind. Car was waiting at a red light, and it was raining heavily those days. The PMT bus coming from behind touched the rear end and the dickey and the glass bore the brunt. Since the bus was decelerating, the impact was not much, and everyone was safe, thank God for that. Rear glass and tail light got shattered. PMT bus ran away quickly.

Took it for repairs, and got a new dickey and glass. total bill came to around 16 grand, out of which I had to pay 2.5.

There was nothing much one could do in the situation. The car was waiting on the left side of the road, so that made it all the more worse since it was no fault of ours. Anyway, what is done is done.

Car is back, and the paint job on the dickey is not that great, but is acceptable. Any idea how long it'll stay as new? I've heard the painted stuff is not as good as the original and needs re-touching after a couple of years.

Also, the alarm now keeps going off every now and then. I found the culprit as a broken connnection for the Autocop switch in the bonnet. I wonder why the garage guys had to meddle with that, since the front part was not touched at all. So that means another visit to the garage.

As for the numbers, my insurance guy (National) gave me this break up:

I had to pay:

50% for the plastics, rubber
Nothing for metal, glass of the dickey
10% (salvage its called) for all the parts
Nothing for labour.

So I got
100% labour
40% of plastics, rubber
90% of metal, glass.

Is this Ok? Any other insurance company that betters this?

Am going slow nowadays, and watching my rear view mirror more often!

Simran

Too bad! :( And your car was purchased recently right? Did you get the number of the bus? If you did why don't you consider filing a complaint?

Quote:

Originally Posted by simran
Hi,

Car is back, and the paint job on the dickey is not that great, but is acceptable. Any idea how long it'll stay as new? I've heard the painted stuff is not as good as the original and needs re-touching after a couple of years.

Simran, good to know that nobody was hurt.

I faced a similar situation 3 yrs back. Though in my case, I was not rear-ended by a PMT bus. It was an Indica. My blue Zen's boot door got scrunched up. I took it to the body-shop wallah and he did a decent job of it. I did not notice any difference between the original color and the new one at that time.

Afterwards, I had the Zen for 2+ years before I sold it. In this period I did not notice any paint deterioration. I think these new fangled paint-jobs are pretty good. An expert may be able to notice the difference between a touch-up and an original immediately, but its fairly fool-proof.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Too bad! :( And your car was purchased recently right? Did you get the number of the bus? If you did why don't you consider filing a complaint?

Hi,

Didn't get the number, otherwise would have surely registered a complaint.

Simran

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative

If it is a GOVT owned transport, just forget the incident and get the repairs done on our own, otherwise, you can threaten them that U prefer to file a complaint or pay the loss that you have incurred because of this.

Hi Simran where did you get the work done from? Was is Sai Service, Wonder cars, Millennium Motors or Chowgule's? Let me know.. Why aren't you happy with the paint job? Chowgule's have the best shop for Maruti repaints in Pune.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre
Hi Simran where did you get the work done from? Was is Sai Service, Wonder cars, Millennium Motors or Chowgule's? Let me know.. Why aren't you happy with the paint job? Chowgule's have the best shop for Maruti repaints in Pune.

went to sai coz that is the place I got the car from. the job is not as good as the original ... but that is too much to expect I guess. Plus I polished it today morning ... the feel on the outside was good, but on the inside was not that good. also, at the bottom, the finish was not smooth, and there was something sticking out. maybe something got stuck and was painted over.

well, if Chowgule's paint shop is better, i'll go there if there is some problem next time.

the same incident happened to me but a tempo hit my back of the esteem when i was waiting in a signal and my esteem's rear bumper was totally smashed and the front windshield hit a truck ahead. so had to change the front windshield also