Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Read this - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...-fell-off.html (My Bolt fell off !)

This was in the days when there was no team-bhp stickers. It's truly wonderful to have friends all over the country.
Old 3rd September 2009, 00:15   #32
BHPian

Kudos to the BHPian Spirit!!!

& Bravo to the person who helps a fellow community member & not in fact a BHPian only we as member should help anyone who we can!!!

By the way till date I have noticed only one sticker on a white Skoda in front of my office (Airtel Sector 18 Ggn), I was not in my Scorpio (which has stickers) so till the time I could cross the road, it already left.
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:21   #33
BHPian

Another fact to make you feel proud of being a bhpian
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:55   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Read this - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...-fell-off.html (My Bolt fell off !)

This was in the days when there was no team-bhp stickers. It's truly wonderful to have friends all over the country.
A post actually praising Skoda service!! Oh man, how things change in 2 years!
Old 3rd September 2009, 18:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

I think NC would want to add This Incident too
Old 4th September 2009, 23:06   #36
BHPian

Well, I'm going over to the Online TBHP store to order a few sets of stickers for all my cars
Hopefully, if I face a problem with my car, I'll be lucky enough to have a BHPian zipping past and pulling over to save.

Last edited by GTO : 5th September 2009 at 18:22. Reason: Strictly no inappropriate language please, even in indirect usage
Old 10th September 2009, 04:35   #37
BHPian

Now I realize how important T-Bhp Sticker on cars

Title should be changed to - 'What I did not get after being a T-Bhpian'
Old 11th September 2009, 11:08   #38
Team-BHP Support

I was at Leela Palace yesterday for a dinner meeting with a customer. After dinner I walk out to the Parking lot and find my front right tyre is flat. That explains why the car was feeling heavy a while back, a slow puncture.

Being the lazy bum that I am, my stepney is also flat due to a puncture a few days back while driving to work.

Think of all the people I know who own an Alto/WagonR but all stay too far away. Then I remember that Akshay (v1p3r) stays close by on airport road. Ring him up and he says he is driving the RS but will try something and get back to me in 5 mins.

While waiting for Akshay's call, I suddenly remember Annirudh (moderator Aditya's brother) who stays in Indiranagar and drives an Alto. Call him up and he says he will be there in 5 mins with his spare tyre.

So I call up Akshay and tell him that I managed to find help. Akshay is shouting at me as he has taken a U-turn, gone back home and picked up his mom's friends Alto and is already at the Leela parking lot.

Thank both of them for helping me out and change the tyre as Akshay decides that he will only watch me change and not help for making him come down.

Cheers to Annirudh and Akshay. Thanks guys.

ps: I am going to get both puncture repaired before Annirudh ends up getting one with no spare. lol.
Old 11th September 2009, 17:10   #39
BHPian

This is the team spirit and friendship that motivated me other than the love for cars and travelling. I think i would have to go in for the stickers
Old 12th September 2009, 23:04   #40
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Had a small accident with my i10 last to last sunday.

Was travelling with family(dad driving), it was raining lightly, streets as usual went kaput with the slightest rain. Dad asked me to drive and was just going to pull over after the next turn but as bad luck would have it, on that very turn, the car's front right tire bumped into the remains of what used to be a divider(this is an interior sector road in chandigarh). Immediately heard the PHUUUUSSSS which meant that the tire had burst. Was relieved later that the alloy was intact though.

Anyways, I always have a fully prepped stepney in my car but i had just got alloys 3 months back and had managed to forgot to buy the "panna" to open the alloy.

So, there we were, family of 4, every one glaring at me for goofing up, in the middle of a not so used road, without any sort of light except from 3 mobile phones when i remember of manikjeet also having alloys on his car.

Man! what a relief it was when i saw him come within 5 minutes of my call! But sadly the "panna" from his car didn't fit.

Called up the tyre guy whom i bought the alloys from, he said that it'll be a 19 or 21 number gotee. Anyways, me and manik rushed and found the requisite key at this petrol station in next sec.

Tell you guys, it was one of THE most tense one hour of my life! Wouldn't have been possible had you not picked up the phone manik! Thanks!

PROUD to be part of such a community.
Old 13th September 2009, 00:19   #41
BHPian

WOW.Really great stuff. Hats off to that yet-to-be identified bhpian.
Old 14th September 2009, 14:58   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
Anyways, I always have a fully prepped stepney in my car but i had just got alloys 3 months back and had managed to forgot to buy the "panna" to open the alloy.
similar thing happened with me too but in my case the Tyre Guy forgot to tell me that I would need a new "paana" for the alloy keys!! thankfully my brother came to my rescue and we managed to change the tyre. But that day I learnt another thing that Tubeless & alloys are not "that" good for India potholes!

On my Accelers (6 tyres till now) I have had only 1 proper puncture but 2 tyre bursts and 3 sidewall damage resulting into using them with tube :(
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am with the team Bhp sticker. But so far I did not think of taking the numbers of our BHPians. I have only three members in my buddy list. Now it is a lesson for traveler like me to have maximum contacts every where. Let me try to PM and get.
Old 24th July 2013, 16:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Re: What I got for being a Team-BHPian! (Stories of BHPians helping others on the roa

I had a problem with my Palio's instrument cluster in June, after the authorized service centre mechanics opened it during service a few days earlier and did not fix it back correctly (mentioned here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3146981).

So my fuel level indicator wasn't functioning correctly. I had not noted the odometer reading after the last full-tank fill up, as I always reset the trip meter after every fill up (I always fill full tank). When I gave the car for service, the trip meter read 200 odd KMs, but was reset during service. I did not realise it.

So, I ran out of fuel while driving to office, and I was on a narrow road. Even after the car stalled, I did realise where the problem was. Fortunately, member guyfrmblr (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/guyfrmblr.html) was a few cars behind me. He pulled his car over to the side, and offered to push my car. I must confess, I found it funny at that moment because he is quite thin, while I weigh 105 KGs for 6 feet guy. But I was very happy that a BHPian (who had spotted me before and posted in spottings thread, and I had acknowledged) had offered to help, even when he was getting late to work (I believe his employer has a mandatory rule that every employee should record 9.5 hours in office daily).

So I asked him to steer the car while I pushed it. We moved the car to the edge of the road. He also offered to drop me to my office even though his office was one KM away and mine was another 8 km further, but I decided to wait for roadside assistance personnel. So guyfrmblr gave me his contact details and asked me to call him up if I needed help in getting to office.

Thank you guyfrmblr! The thought of publishing it here should have struck me long ago.

PS: the instrument cluster problem has been fixed now. There was a loose connection.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks