Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 09:35   #16
BHPian

Archish,

Really sorry that your trip was spoilt thanks to lady driven skoda. I dont understand what they achived end of the day by doing this and by any chance was that lady drunk???? to drive like that and risk thoes poor kids. I really wonder. Cant say if she had couple of pegs and got into the car.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:57   #17
BHPian

Guys... Thanks for your concern the car is not very bad shape. Gash of about 6 inches long 2 inches wide and about 1/4 inch deep. Sorry dint feel like taking pics. But have pics that we took before that day during visit to temples and yelagiri. Will upload once my friend mails me.

The ladies dint seem to be drunk. I have had my share of experience with other lady drivers. I wouldn't say all women drivers are bad. There are lot of bad bad apples in our sex too.

Once I was driving from from T Nagar to Adyar via Mount Road and a lady on a Scooty refused to give way as the road ahead was totally empty. I honked and honked and squeezed past her. Then she caught up with me on the next signal parked her scooty in front of my car and accused me of being a male chauvinist and the worst part was ppl who dint know what happened before were voicing their support to her. All I could do was stand there bear the abuse for 5 mins and proceed with a smile on my face. The only thing i told her was I would have done the same thing if you were a male or a female or anything in between.
Old 15th September 2009, 13:13   #18
BHPian

that's ladies/gals for you, like the saying goes, "They never be understood, not even by god"
Old 15th September 2009, 13:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Feel sorry for you dude, a splendid day spoilt for nuts.
If I were you I would have interrogated the lady and questioned her behavior with her fingers and kids at the back. Atleast she will think before doing it again.
Sheesh, cutting twice at the toll, too much testosterone I'd say.
Old 18th September 2009, 18:37   #20
BHPian

Any ladies? comments?
Old 18th September 2009, 19:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

I agree that it was a nasty incident, road rage is never a pleasurable experience. IMHO never look/stare at the car driver as the guilty always knows of what wrong was done. Staring aggravates the intensity. I think in Delhi this is quiet frequent as people want to inch forward even if that means they have to put their leg or car as shield. You look at them and they stare back, show the bird the length they don't even have

One of my friend who was driving a City along with wife, kids and nanny was stopped by the Jats in Gurgaon and he was beaten with helmets and the windscreen broken. Once the police was approached the village elders visited him in hospital and asked for forgiveness but also threatened him that if he persisted there will be dire consequence. The only fault my friend committed was that after the toll plaza he honked at the men on bike while entering the Ambiance mall.

I assume the lady jats went from Gurgaon to Chennai/Bangalore for fun and terrorized you.

So take a chill pill and enjoy the drive, let no one bother thy chariot on full throttle.
Old 18th September 2009, 19:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

gawd!!! this way delhi folks will develop "Jat Phobia"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I agree that it was a nasty incident, road rage is never a pleasurable experience. IMHO never look/stare at the car driver as the guilty always knows of what wrong was done. Staring aggravates the intensity. I think in Delhi this is quiet frequent as people want to inch forward even if that means they have to put their leg or car as shield. You look at them and they stare back, show the bird the length they don't even have

One of my friend who was driving a City along with wife, kids and nanny was stopped by the Jats in Gurgaon and he was beaten with helmets and the windscreen broken. Once the police was approached the village elders visited him in hospital and asked for forgiveness but also threatened him that if he persisted there will be dire consequence. The only fault my friend committed was that after the toll plaza he honked at the men on bike while entering the Ambiance mall.

I assume the lady jats went from Gurgaon to Chennai/Bangalore for fun and terrorized you.

So take a chill pill and enjoy the drive, let no one bother thy chariot on full throttle.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Nope, no phobia I live in Gurgaon and nothing against the Jats, they are some of the most wonderful people.

Jats are also in Punjab and both places the infamous tagged to be imbeciles.

Here in this thread I wanted to say that road rage is only for imbeciles nincompoop
Old 19th September 2009, 22:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Its better if people are a bit careful whenever dealing with them. They are a nice bunch of guys and extremely helpful but when angry they make a few calls, bring 5-7 other and beat people on road. They bashed up a bus just to take revenge near my home.
The incident of beating a man in front of his wife and child just because he honked is too bad, what if he had hit the bike. They would have burnt the poor guy alive.

Quote:
Here in this thread I wanted to say that road rage is only for imbeciles nincompoop
My dad has a bad habit of staring at others if they frustrate him. I am tired of telling him not to do this as it could lead to bad consequences but habits die hard.
The staring thing leads to aggression, worst thing is some people lower their windows and shout at others in Delhi.

If someone cuts into my lane or is moving at 20-30km/h and doesnt move when i honk, I dont say anything, just overtake them and become dead slow ahead of them for 5-6 secs and zoom off
Old 19th September 2009, 23:11   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, no phobia I live in Gurgaon and nothing against the Jats, they are some of the most wonderful people.

Jats are also in Punjab and both places the infamous tagged to be imbeciles.

Well, I think there is a confusion between Jats and Jaats.
Basically, Jats are from Punjab and Jaats are from Haryana.

You can say that Jats are Punjabis and Jaats are Haryanvis. So, as you said Gurgaon then i think it should be Jaat until he is really a punjabi jat which i dout.

and yes being a Jat myself, i agree with the point that we can be really helpful when needed and damn opposite when pissed off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Its better if people are a bit careful whenever dealing with them. They are a nice bunch of guys and extremely helpful but when angry they make a few calls, bring 5-7 other and beat people on road. They bashed up a bus just to take revenge near my home.
The incident of beating a man in front of his wife and child just because he honked is too bad, what if he had hit the bike. They would have burnt the poor guy alive.

My dad has a bad habit of staring at others if they frustrate him. I am tired of telling him not to do this as it could lead to bad consequences but habits die hard.
The staring thing leads to aggression, worst thing is some people lower their windows and shout at others in Delhi.

If someone cuts into my lane or is moving at 20-30km/h and doesnt move when i honk, I dont say anything, just overtake them and become dead slow ahead of them for 5-6 secs and zoom off
You are a really sensible person with really good thoughts.

and one suggestion to everyone, when on road, never compete as it may lead to some really bad results.

I personally think that it is good to ignore morons than to react towards them as they just want one thing and that is "attention"
Old 20th September 2009, 00:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Such races are not worth it. Used to fall for them a few years ago (espcially when the VTEC was new).

But after driving on track, my street aggression has died down a bit. I prefer driving at 80-100kmph (which used to be 100-120kmph earlier) during long distance journeys and dont get affected by such idiots.

Shan2nu
Old 20th September 2009, 09:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
I prefer driving at 80-100kmph (which used to be 100-120kmph earlier) during long distance journeys and dont get affected by such idiots.

Shan2nu
I always maintain in 80-100 kmph speed range & there is always a wish at the corner of my heart to learn driving in 100-120 kmph range, but my mind always rules my heart at this debate sighting my inadequate driving skills or unpredictable Indian driving conditions.(though I have done in 120 kmph ranges for short bursts say 1-2 kms)

Any particular reasons why did you cut short the average driving speeds on highways?

It would be enjoyable to be a passenger with a track guy (let him be a Team-bhp'ian) on highways & watch the street romeos breaking their head to catch up.....

Last edited by Surprise : 20th September 2009 at 09:40.
Old 20th September 2009, 14:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDevil View Post
Well, I think there is a confusion between Jats and Jaats.
Basically, Jats are from Punjab and Jaats are from Haryana.

You can say that Jats are Punjabis and Jaats are Haryanvis. So, as you said Gurgaon then i think it should be Jaat until he is really a punjabi jat which i dout.

and yes being a Jat myself, i agree with the point that we can be really helpful when needed and damn opposite when pissed off.
Yeah! my baddd with the a missing from Jaat. I myself am a Jat living in Jaat-land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
My dad has a bad habit of staring at others if they frustrate him. I am tired of telling him not to do this as it could lead to bad consequences but habits die hard. The staring thing leads to aggression, worst thing is some people lower their windows and shout at others in Delhi.

I never honk or dipper them, just move to the next lane and zip at your pace, quite often many drivers GET IT and move to slower lanes. NH 8 was a fine strip but now the overtaking lane is messed up with slowest moving traffic and the other lanes are busy bee overtaking worm holes. The wormholes open for an instance and either you or someone from the other lane gets the passage.

If you do this quite often than not some call center cab driver will get pissed and the chase is on. Then they will honk you to death even in an jammed toll plaza

My friendly advice again, don't get into road rage.
Old 20th September 2009, 15:55   #29
BHPian

Thats Very Bad. I was particularly angry when I read about the expression on your friend's face. Idiots particularly with Kids in the car. I always stay away from expensive cars in Bangalore atleast as they have too much money to throw about and is of really no use having an issue with them.

I say you forget this incident as a bad dream and enjoy the future drives you and your friend will be having
Old 21st September 2009, 11:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

In Delhi the expensive cars are bullied in the traffic not the other way round. They know its useless to get involved in the road rage.

I have seen people carrying hockey sticks, cricket bats, baseball bats, arms and ammunitions just for road rage. Duh! but most often it ends with verbal duels. In contrast, I saw an accident in Denmark where people stop the cars on the shoulder with indicators to oncoming traffic and exchange the social security numbers, no jams, no shouting explicits, just a horn and rest is taken care by insurance agencies. What a world?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks