Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 06:38   #1
BHPian

Someone banged into my X5

Someone banged into my X5 in the parking lot when my wife took it to the hospital. It was parked and when she came back it was dinged. Everyone said it was the old people who come in with their vision who always bang into other peoples cars.

Wish i had been there when it happened...i would have made sure the old guy made good use of the hospital...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited. We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
Attached Thumbnails
Someone banged into my X5-img_0121.jpg  

Someone banged into my X5-img_0122.jpg  

Someone banged into my X5-img_0123.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 18th September 2009 at 10:32. Reason: See note in post
Old 18th September 2009, 11:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunate what happened to your car but lets not get childish and disrespectful of old people after all you will trun old one day as well! What would you do if the old guy said I am sorry I miss judged still send him for a medical!!

The old person maynot even have realised that he has scrapped you whilst parking take it in a stride or don't dirve a car which will give you heartach when such things happen.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:50   #3
BHPian

Sorry to hear about this incident. Hope there are no major repairs.

Quote:
Everyone said it was the old people who come in with their vision who always bang into other peoples cars.
I see, so young people never bang into others cars?
Old 18th September 2009, 19:50   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ouch, that must hurt. Sorry to hear about the damage, but I'm sure the BMW paint booth will make her as good as new. Don't sweat, just do what needs to be done and get on with it.

Tarz, while your post has already been warned for abusive language, I must advise you to maintain a more polite stance. We do NOT permit content on these lines:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarz View Post
i would have made sure the old guy made good use of the hospital
Old 18th September 2009, 20:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

While most people look for a spot close to the entrance, I park my car far away with nobody next to me.

In grocery stores, stay away from the spots next to the cart return.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:50   #6
BHPian

Errrr. Very unfortunate. I understand how you feel. Don't worry mate, remember that we are in India and these things happen quite often (unfortunate this happened to an X5). Hope it comes out clean after a visit to the Service Station.
Old 18th September 2009, 22:24   #7
BHPian

Thanks for all the sympathy guys :-)
Old 18th September 2009, 22:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Had a similar experience myself, few months ago. Was parked at a Walmart, and when I returned from the store, I found my front fender grazed and the paint had peeled off a bit. Pretty sure the person who parked in front my car misjudged the distance and hit the fender. I couldn't do a thing about it!

If its an elderly person who did it,I'd back off and let it be. get the damage fixed when you have a chance.
Old 18th September 2009, 23:08   #9
BHPian

Thanks again

Will be getting it fixed soon....been too busy to even do that. Plus wait times to get the decals ordered etc from BMW...quite a pain
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:53   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Tarz- Did you get it repaired already? I don't think it requires repainting, a magnetic paintless dent repair could do the trick. It will be faster and cheaper than getting it done from BMW. Do try and find one in your city.

Use a good rubbing polish to get rid of the scratches and put new decals and that rubber strip. It should look like new after this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks