Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2005, 22:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Baleno vs SLK vs Accent GTX vs Pulsar 180 DTSi

Hey

Saw the Me vs SLK post, and was reminded of something similar.

It was after a TBHP meet, and I was headed back home. Along for the ride was Aveek.

So we're motoring down 100ft Rd, just past 12th main, and Aveek sticks his body out of the car and twists. He pops in and shouts "SLK!!". So, quick as hell, we turn around, and squeeze past the signal, and get around all the way, back to the SLK.

Now this is the new, sexy beast, not the wheezing old poser. Black, with a 007 plate. Hood up, and the guy chatting on his phone. Along the other side is an Accent GTX, the "sports" (haha!) variant. In front is a P180 DTSi. Aveek pops out again, and asks the gentlemen on the motorcycle to be aware that we are going to exit the green light rather fast. The rider grins, and revs hard too. Ditto for the GTX, who by now has sensed some fun.

But alas, Mr Moneybags pays no heed. Despite us honking and revving, and blinking and flashing (just the headlights!), he hasn't even seen us.

The light turns. As is my habit, I wait for stragglers to clear the junction. But the P180 is ahead. I lay rubber, and suddenly the P180 guy whizzes past me, going backwards! The GTX, predictably, is nowhere to be seen.

But what, I hear you ask, of Stuttgart's finest? Ambling along, he trickles by, still on his phone.

Moral of the story: Well, there's no moral. Ate a GTX and a bike for tea, but the big boy wouldn't come to play.
Old 15th July 2005, 22:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

well dude, nice that u've zoomed ahead of the rest, but if he had joined the fun..........it could have been another story Its just wise to stay away from supercars. and what car were u driving???
Old 15th July 2005, 22:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Baleno! See the title!
Old 15th July 2005, 22:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

ooh, didn't see that. Well anyway looks like u had fun smokin a Merc SLK. next time, take it easy on the big fellas dude
Old 16th July 2005, 20:01   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Sometimes is better than the big boys dont come out and play :P Well atleast you said it honestly that the guy didnt even try to pit himself against you.....I have a friend who claims that he made an SL500 eat his dust while he was ripping his Skoda RS on Marine drive.....only if the foolish guy realised that probably the SL500 didnt even cross the 2000rpm mark on his tacho and still gave him a feeling that he was on his tail....only if he tapped the accelerator once he would racing out of his horizon.
Old 16th July 2005, 20:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a friend who claims that he made an SL500 eat his dust while he was ripping his Skoda RS on Marine drive.....only if the foolish guy realised that probably the SL500 didnt even cross the 2000rpm mark on his tacho and still gave him a feeling that he was on his tail....only if he tapped the accelerator once he would racing out of his horizon.
True, coz the RS is no where close to the SL500.

Shan2nu
Old 16th July 2005, 22:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yeah man, I can honestly say I beat a 96 Civic, but the new SLK is a little out of my league! Even a Vtec, and I get scared!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks