Team-BHP - That unlucky night
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   That unlucky night (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/65925-unlucky-night-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 1495177)
Exactly, It was raining heavily and you were doing 160 kph :Shockked:. Even if you have best tires of world you should not have crossed 80 Kmph in these rains. 80 is also something beyond safe speed.

No body can predict what damages rain can cause on cars.

+1. Insane speeds in rains. Sure receipe for what you got. I hope you get well soon. Hope you and others on the forum gain something from this incidence and better sense prevails with everyone.

takecare and drive safely

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 1495177)
Exactly, It was raining heavily and you were doing 160 kph :Shockked:. Even if you have best tires of world you should not have crossed 80 Kmph in these rains. 80 is also something beyond safe speed.

No body can predict what damages rain can cause on cars.

+100 to that :)

I'm glad to hear that you have suffered only the injury you mention and your friends are ok. I'm sorry to see the condition of your car.

Our Indian roads are very unpredictable, a good road can disintegrate into a dirt track in the space of a few meters. Even during daytime one has to be careful and anticipate.

I loooove driving in the rains, but I do that at safe speeds, mostly betwen 60-80 on roads I know and slower on roads I do no know.

This has been repeated by members earlier in this thread, but its worth mentioning again.

Night driving+lack of sleep (i'm assuming this due to the time of your accident)+rain/wet roads+high speeds = recipe for disaster.

Infact just wet roads+high speeds = recipe for disaster

I hope you will refrain from such irresponsible driving in the future. Speed is thrilling but should be enjoyed responsibly.

There is an excellent thread on team-bhp http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ing-rains.html which I think ought to be recommended reading for all members.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu (Post 1495127)
I'd rather call it a "Lucky Night"

As said its a lucky night, with a big L, for you and all the passengers - just see to that pic and think what would have happened if you would hit the tree straight on instead of side swiping. Get well soon:thumbs up

:OT
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutty Nair (Post 1495307)
"When nature shifts to topgear, you better shift to low gear".Ranjith

Fantastic line - original?

Thanks guys. I know luck had my side that night and you guys have all rights to tell me i was irresponsible.

BTW car engine is not at all affected.
I'm not going to sell/Totall this car.
BTw i'm in much better shape in comparison to the car.
I've 2 broken ribs and 1 broken shoulder bone.

i can not write much so can't reply to everybody.
however i agree with all of your concerns.
Lesson Learnt: actually i do n't think i learn anything. i know it's stupid to say but my thrill for that low end torque spoilt me. since last 20 years i'm reminded by my parents for speed driving/riding. That old bafd habbit stil makes me nostalgic at 34 and you know "Prakriti Naibya muchyate, Yadiba Muchyate Kinchit Kinchit".But 1 thing certainly i'll do is not drive fast during rainy nights.

I'll post what happened after crash and how we were harrassed by police when i'll feel better.

I understand your feeling about the car do it up

The Car needs a full side panel replacement and two doors, the roof can be tinkered and the front windscreen and the door glasses need replacement too, you would spend more than a 2 lacs for the whole thing in A S S, if money is not a constraint i suggest do it else pick this one up it will run cheaper.

Team-BHP Classifieds - Totalled Baleno without Engine - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

But dont discard her just my 2 cents

Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 1495678)
I understand your feeling about the car do it up

The Car needs a full side panel replacement and two doors, the roof can be tinkered and the front windscreen and the door glasses need replacement too, you would spend more than a 2 lacs for the whole thing in A S S, if money is not a constraint i suggest do it else pick this one up it will run cheaper.

Team-BHP Classifieds - Totalled Baleno without Engine - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

But dont discard her just my 2 cents

Pramod

Thanks 4 the link.
my car odo reading 22K, i intend to clock it 150K. not going to total it.

Get well soon man. Try to keep this car which saved your LIFE

Hi,

I just got three words for you- Get Well Soon!

Nothing to add other than Get Well Soon. This is a good lesson for you and for others to see what happens when you speed on a wet road.

Like others said, you should really thank your stars that you are alive.

You were lucky, if someone else was on the road at that time & place, they would have been the Unlucky ones.

Anyways get well soon.

Get well soon brother...and remember the ABC of life...Always Be Careful...

You were lucky coz you had the seat belts on, thats a good lesson for all of us. Hope you have learnt yours.

The thread title is incorrect. It was your Lucky Night. You managed to walk away thanks to your guardian.

No sorry feelings from me.. You were doing speeds like 130,140 and occassionally 160 when it was raining cat & dogs? Oh god. No offense but I'd say it is plain foolishness.

You are very lucky to be alive. Last Friday I drove from Trivandrum to Cochin at night when it was raining cats & dogs, and I never crossed the speed of 75 Kmph purposefully, even though I had good tires. In dry conditions, one can easily do 120+ in some stretches of these roads.

Hope you now understand that there is a BIG difference in road grip between dry and wet conditions. Even uni-directionals will struggle to provide you road grip and prevent aquaplaning when you do such high speeds when it is raining heavily.

Get well soon.

Get well soon & put this behind you; I agree that perhaps you should have the thread title edited to read "Lucky":)

Drive safe mate, more so when its raining.

Wish you a speedy recovery Akash. 140 or 20 kmph, accidents can happen, that is why we call it accident. If you were doing 20, it can be a drunken truck driver. But no harm in being careful. Going by the old saying "Trust in God, but lock your Car"