Team-BHP - That unlucky night
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   That unlucky night (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/65925-unlucky-night-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1500617)
2,25000 ?! So are you going for it or no ?

mostly going for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akas_chauhan (Post 1500569)
here is uploaded repair cost.

The only thing I can comment that total painting costs seem high >25k!
Just check with them what is cost of total paint job. It may be better to get the total paint coat rather than have colour fading show up later.

Although IMHO roof panel may be repairable but it is better to replace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik_s (Post 1498564)
BTW, on that Shimoga road isn't it the Bangalore-honnavar (BH) road?) it's difficult to run on 100kmph even on day time for most of the section. Very few sections you can touch 100kmph and by that time a turn or a dip will appear and one need to reduce the speed.

As it's just impossible to do 160kmph on BH road even in broad daylight and even without a single vehicle on the road.

I share the same doubts here. Moreover at 100+ speeds chances of survival would be dim.

Almost 24K tax for accident (VAT+Service Tax + Education Cess) :Shockked:. So even for accident you have pay tax to government.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik_s (Post 1498564)
Thanks to your lucky stars that you escaped. And these pictures are working as a stern warning for me not to drive too fast on our highways. Atleast I've learnt my lesson from your accident.
BTW, on that Shimoga road( isn't it the Bangalore-honnavar (BH) road?) it's difficult to run on 100kmph even on day time for most of the section. Very few sections you can touch 100kmph and by that time a turn or a dip will appear and one need to reduce the speed.
And probably you were doing that 140-160kmph thing on the NH4 section before you took the BH road, right? As it's just impossible to do 160kmph on BH road even in broad daylight and even without a single vehicle on the road. I also did that much speed on NH4 [albeit in daytime with all sun shine and very less traffic], so I won't lecture on speed limits and all as I'm also a sinner.
Anyway, get well soon and drive safe.

BTW, @Benji, there is a fine line between driving rash and driving fast. Not all fast drivers are rash and not all rash drivers are fast. But yes, sometimes it's quite easy to cross the limit and become rash from fast.

You r correct. i was doing those 120+ speeds mostly in nice road. ?In state highway speed between 70-110 i think. when accident happened i think speed was 100.

I must bring in another angle here. Lot of people probably don't know what all could go wrong when their speed is not right for the conditions (does not necessarily mean over speeding). What I am getting at is not just that the road is narrow or there is a speed limit present. Many a time, conditions dictate that we take a lot more care even if we are well below the speed limit.

As an example, the pune-mumbai expressway has a speed limit which very few people can drive at in dry conditions. Most cars if driven normally would exceed that limit very easily. Now if it rains, there are large puddles formed in uneven areas of this expressway and it can be quite tricky for an inexperienced dirver to hit them at reasonable speeds. The car just floats.

What iam trying to imply is that the possibility of aquaplaning might never have occurred to him even though he was careful about other things. So, maybe he never knew that something like this could happen on an undulating stretch.

So, its very important for us to understand the possibilites that can occur so that we stay out of trouble. Atleast knowing trouble is a good way to stay out of it.

Once again this highlights the poor mentality of some drivers. Please learn from this experience and never take the same risks again. Its far better to slow down and get to your destination slightly later than not get there at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 1500998)
Almost 24K tax for accident (VAT+Service Tax + Education Cess) :Shockked:. So even for accident you have pay tax to government.

Not sure what you mean by this comment. As you can see the parts are the majority portion of the total cost. So are you saying that your regular service bill is devoid of any VAT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1501537)
Not sure what you mean by this comment. As you can see the parts are the majority portion of the total cost. So are you saying that your regular service bill is devoid of any VAT?

I think he meant it in light humour to indicate the fact that even though you have met with an accident you end up paying some amount to government kitty .

Quote:

You will escape thousand times but the 1001th time may come

I am lucky to be alive today,so are you.
Please be careful
Be aware of the "LAW OF THE AVERAGES". Sooner or later it will catch up with you.

I had been travelling between Abudhabi and Dubai regularly by shared taxi. I was returning from Dubai to Abudhabi in a Peugot station Wagon (Taxi) There were tatao 8 of us in the vehicle. The vehicle was doing 145 Kph and it was peak summer. Suddenly one of the front tyre ruptured vehicle goes out of control and spun couple of times in the middle of the road. Another 2 tyres also bust during this spin saving the vehicle from overturning. Fortunately there were no vehicles folloing us, and the car landed in between the 2 highways in the sand trap. All of us were shaken up but no one suffered any injury. That day I stopped travelling between Dubai and Abudhabi in a shared taxi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by @400Kph (Post 1501559)
I think he meant it in light humour to indicate the fact that even though you have met with an accident you end up paying some amount to government kitty .

Absolute correct @400kph, I mean that only even in trouble we have to pay tax.

Hi Akas,
I am sad to hear about the accident but very glad to see that you have scaped with relatively minor injuries. Oh, you wer every very lucky!! Get well soon!

I am sure you have leant your lessons from the incidents. I should thank you for sharing the experience with us (with the photos and the frank admission about the speeds etc). There is a lot to learn for all of us readers from this and such incidents.

For the car, considering the expenditure involved, you should seriously consider the option of write-off as suggested by Freewheelburnin post#17.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akas_chauhan (Post 1500647)
mostly going for it.

I had seen this car parked near IIMB on Bannerghatta Road after the accident. The car looked in a very bad shape. I would suggest you to write off this car and buy something else. It is difficult to get it back to its original condition.

That is what I would do!!

Hi akas_chauhan,

How is your health? What is the status of the car? Also please share how the accident happened, it would be a lesson for all those who drive/ride fast during the rains.

How much is the whole chassis otherwise, instead of this piece replacement? isnt that an option/available?