Team-BHP - That unlucky night
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   That unlucky night (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/65925-unlucky-night-7.html)

It doesnt matter raining or not, but 160 kph just think about it guys on the roads/traffic like in India.

akas_chauhan
Feel happy to hear about you all. Get well soon. IMHO one should never believe his driving ability, tires in a raining day(night ) like that.

Good that you and your friends are safe. Get well soon.

BTW 100+ speed at night and when it was raining was not a good idea. Good part is nothing happened when you were doing 160 at times. Avoid this in future.

It has been around 40 days car is in MASS workshop. Since i could not go there personally i've been talking to them via phone.

Previously they were saying getting parts taking time, now they are saying they got parts, however to repair it'll take 3 more weeks. They have not started work as of now.

Question, does it really take this much time to repair?

Its good that you bought it up here. Get well soon.

About the time taken to repair. Its actually the insurance process that takes way too much time. It took me 3 days to get insurance clearance on a glass that developed crack due to some manufacturing defect.

Again if there is chassis repairs i remember my friend keeping his 800 in Service center for 2 weeks.

You could push them for a week or so less.

Very Lucky night is what I can say, thank GOD that you survived with a very minor injury and all other passengers are safe, please take this as a learning experience, make sure your cautious when you drive and more more cautious when you drive during dark/rain, avoid over speeding.
Get Well Soon Brother :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by akas_chauhan (Post 1556306)
Question, does it really take this much time to repair?

Ohh I got my bumper and headlight replaced and that took them Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday (holiday), Tuesday (No parts in stock, will go to stockyard) , Wednesday (Delivery). There, 6th working day the car was delivered with headlamp and bumber replaced.

This was M.A.S.S. Buddy you might be looking at massive repairs. So 3 weeks is nothing. I repeat, nothing.

Hay Akas,

Hope you are feeling better now. I understand what had happened was very unfortunate. But as everyone says learn from your mistake. You people are really lucky to survive such a crash.

Your story is a lesson for all reckless drivers.

Get well soon.

IS

Bad time, otherwise you would not have got the idea of that trip that too in heavy rain + midnight. Happening has to happen !
Luckily you got a strong sedan like Baleno and she took all the impact and saved you with minor injuries.

Get well soon and take the wheel again,but never repeat such kind of driving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1556506)
This was M.A.S.S. Buddy you might be looking at massive repairs. So 3 weeks is nothing. I repeat, nothing.

agree: Three weeks is nothing. Also I would say dont call them again and again to say hurry up because technical people are very fussy. If you force them to hurry up, they will end up doing a jugad rather than proper work, with which you might have problems later. Just call every couple of days to know the update.. thats it.

I can understand that its hard to live without your ride but you need to understand that a patient in ICU will take time to recover.

Update:
I went to bodyshop on 23rd Nov 2009, the car is in Workshop and they had opened the outer panel of the door and saw the inner one is also damaged and needs to be replaced.

I was kind of hyper for a moment and controlled myself and asked the manager how long will it take to get the parts, he said a week around and hopefully they will start working on this monday.

I'm pissed off now. This is common sense, they are running a body shop and did not anticipate this and even bothered to open this. It's been around 2.5 months and god knows how long they will take?

hey akas,

Sorry for this unfortunate incident.

I just went through this. Think i missed it.

Would you let us know how such a big crash can happen all of sudden? Agree that you were speeding 100+, but i presume you would be that much careful when you are doing 100+, right?

Would you mind elaboarting on the incident ?

A pretty expensive trip , i must say , so much for deciding to do something abruptly.

Be cautious in the future , Speed thrills but also kills ! you are very fortunate !

Thanks Nandan.

Update

Today called Body shop and They informed that by mistake they got SX4 inches box instead of Baleno, so they rejected that and part will be arrived on Thursday.

When i asked how this happened they said part number are ame for baleno and SX4, i said WHAT, how can both part# same. They said they were similar abd by mistake they delivered wrong one.

patience going out of control. Lets c what will happen on thursday.

Now i do not beleive these jokers. It's very sad to see your own car in shape bad shape since last 2.5 months.

Hey Akas,

Be patient man ! things gets delayed when want it to happen the most ! dont worry, work and get back to shape, meanwhile your car will also get back to shape.

take care!

Quote:

Originally Posted by akas_chauhan (Post 1611040)
Now i do not beleive these jokers..

You bet. They are so bureaucratic.

You are a seasoned and a proven long distance non-stop driver. But Sometimes things go out of control. One accident I had was in 1999 and due to the same aquaplaning thing. The M800 bonnet crashed under a bus's rear.

All the Best.