Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2009, 23:53   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I checked hindu calendar, moment I saw this thread because I felt accident took place without a reason!
My analysis shows a day before and day after there will be before effect and side effect of Amavasya I know this is traditional rule but there is secret scientific reason behind it which get affected to few people on particular days. Such blind/freek accidents happen on these days.

Please don't feel bad: My suggestion If vehicle is back after repair, then within a week before taking her on highway place Hanuman idol on dashboard and get pooja done in Ganapati temple!

Every road in India has its own limitation. Lets understand it better and drive! This word is not to hurt you since your accident is just because of you fell sleep normally and lost control not because of curve nor any animal crossing nor blinded by on coming vehicle. Thats why naturally you are survived.

Lets pray for your full recovery and speedy recovery of your car.

Ravi.

PS just a wild guess I read your friends were wearing seat belts may be they got scared after you crossed 120kmph LOL
Ravi, I'll take my car to Ganpati temple and also place one Hanuman idol.

BTW i did not sleep. It was aquaplaning i guess.

Regarding my friends seat belt you are spot on.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:24   #122
BHPian

Quote:
I checked hindu calendar, moment I saw this thread because I felt accident took place without a reason!
LOL
Actually there is a very good reason for this. It is called aquaplaning. At speeds above 75-80kmph, it takes just a 2.5 mm layer of water to cause aquaplaning. Akas, by his own admission was doing 120-130 kmph with the occasional 160kmph.

Assuming there is a god, apparently he helps only those who help themselves

Srivathsa
s_yajaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:26   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Ravi, How did you know that it was Amavasya night. Actually that's what local people in Kumsi also told me.
Believe ravi has some paranomial experience, who can foresee some things in future. It happens with me also sometimes and it really works.

Ravi, I dont want to hurt your feelings on the same. If I had, I am sorry.

Some people have the skill to foresee the future of self and others unknowingly. Thats a real GIFT OF GOD.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:53   #124
BHPian

Quote:
PS just a wild guess I read your friends were wearing seat belts may be they got scared after you crossed 120kmph LOL
Hmmm! Interesting thought may be OT. But Amavasya has this paranormal effect? It happens every month.

Anyway,20 or 120 wearing seat belt is non negotiable. Even at 45kmph in case a crash, the person can crash through windshield or hit the dashboard/interiors with a force more than a tonne. So, please please dont ever have the notion that seat belts help only when the speed is above 100-120. Do not let your passengers sit without seat belt on. Might make you look nerdy but it saves lives when in need.

Wish you a speedy recovery man...

Nainar
anainar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:56   #125
BHPian

Why?!!

I have just see the first three pages of this thread. The pictures. The speeds. The NARROW road. Without being harsh and offending, I would say it was outrageous and stupid to be doing what the driver was doing.

We are all adults here. Grown up enough to differentiate the good from the bad. My point is, what is the puspose of this thread?
  1. To show the smashed car to all car lovers? I am not sure if that is a site we all car lovers want to see.
  2. To tell tales of 'foolish' bravado?
  3. To generate sympathies and get a few hundred get well soon wishes? Why get in trouble in the first place?
This is not a case of the driver running out of luck.

Would request the mods to review such threads and decide if we should allow them for the sheer reason that they have pics of cars in them. We have countless impressionable readers on the site. I wonder what they learn from such threads.

And to the driver of the car, well, I thank God that there was no one else who got impacted by your senseless speeding on a stormy night. Next time you are on the wheels of a car, please be considerate to others at least if not to yourself and your co passengers. A vehicle is a 1200 kg chunk of metal which needs to be guided very carefully.

May sanity prevail.

Regards
D
dushmish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:25   #126
J.Ravi

@akas_chauhan: I wish you and your Maruti Suzuki Baleno a speedy recovery.

Old 22nd December 2009, 11:00   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

dushmish, I don't think, from memory, that other contributors to the thread were slow to state what you have stated about this accident. I think also that akas_chauhan got the message, quite a few forum pages ago.

Gods, the moon, whatever, have nothing to do with such things. One's destiny to die or not to die on any particular day may be involved, but as the person who explained this to me said --- it may not be your day to die, but if you have to live the rest of your life crippled, or even in a cabbage state, you might wish it had been. Good, or bad, or in this case dreadful, driving is the sole cause of such things happening or not happening.

There has been no approval here of akas_chauhan's driving, and, if he is to ask help of the god's before driving his restored car, he should ask for 100% change in his attitude to driving. I hope this experience has given him that anyway.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 22nd December 2009 at 11:01.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:20   #128
Senior - BHPian

Guys lets not go off topic too much. I have seen many people including members in this forum do lot of very bad careless overspeed driving and saw many maroons with TBHP stickers in Bangalore streets.

Akas himself mentioned thats the speed he drive, If he is capable let him drive. We should advise to drive safe thats it. Don't go beyond that. No one has any rights to keep hurting him.

Also please note that many of TBHP members hide posting about their accident just because members here who do timepass on such thread and pull the leg.

Akas don't worry about what happened. I am sure it will be lesson from which you can extract better things to proceed further. All the best.

Ravi.
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:35   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Guys lets not go off topic too much. I have seen many people including members in this forum do lot of very bad careless overspeed driving and saw many maroons with TBHP stickers in Bangalore streets.

Akas himself mentioned thats the speed he drive, If he is capable let him drive. We should advise to drive safe thats it. Don't go beyond that. No one has any rights to keep hurting him.

Also please note that many of TBHP members hide posting about their accident just because members here who do timepass on such thread and pull the leg.

Akas don't worry about what happened. I am sure it will be lesson from which you can extract better things to proceed further. All the best.

Ravi.

Good to know we have some understanding members in this Forum.
Old 6th April 2010, 00:12   #130
BHPian

guys i also met with a similar accident last summer. i crashed into a police gypsy that was crossing the road through a cut in the divider. both cars were totaled. i was thinking about buying another baleno, i am one of those die hard baleno fans. so i wanted to know how much would a good used engine and gearbox from scrap yard cost. i have some thing in mind for which i might need an extra drivetrain. any leads on the current market value of the drivetrain would be appreciated
Old 5th July 2010, 15:28   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
We have countless impressionable readers on the site. I wonder what they learn from such threads.
Akas,
I know I am late on this thread, First of all thanks for taking pain to share the pics and the details, most of us would have given this a last priority. I hope both you and are ride are fit by now.

@Dushmish the countless impressionable readers that you are referring to, will get the right message and thanks to Akas for being brave the share his experiences.

For Instance I have resolved not drive at speeds above 100 and that change in thought happened only after I read this thread

Cheers
Old 5th July 2010, 23:31   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar View Post
Akas,
I know I am late on this thread, First of all thanks for taking pain to share the pics and the details, most of us would have given this a last priority. I hope both you and are ride are fit by now.

@Dushmish the countless impressionable readers that you are referring to, will get the right message and thanks to Akas for being brave the share his experiences.

For Instance I have resolved not drive at speeds above 100 and that change in thought happened only after I read this thread

Cheers
I'm happy at least we are learning from these kinds of nasty accidents. And yes me and my ride both doing great now.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:51   #133

Akas,
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

These threads actually remind us (not that we dont know) that things can go wrong, I mean it is very easy to have a feeling "it will not happen to me".

My thoughts :

I have not been involved in any injury related accident in my car(maruthi zen), I have had quite a few where the car has taken it totally. Unfortunately sold off the car. Now I have a new swift and I have read a few threads and these threads are a reminder of the obvious fact that being in a car does not mean you are safe. I used to wear seat belts and was trying to convince my mother and my wife to also wear it. However the reverse happened, dont know when I myself stopped wearing the seat belts. I will consciously get back to my habit of wearing the seat belt.

The ad that had a huge impact on my driving was something like this
"Dont let the wheel chair be a part of your life, Drive safely"
Old 24th February 2013, 20:23   #134
BHPian

Re: That unlucky night

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
I love my car, but now it's all screwed up.
Your post is featured on the home page of TeamBHP, so although it's an old thread, I found it from the homepage link and I just had to reply.

While I was driving in India, I would always insist on my front seat passengers wearing seat belts whenever I was on the highway but didn't really think much about rear seat passengers leaving their seat belts unfastened (rear seats on the Esteem have 2-point seat belts, front seats have 3-point seat belts). You seem to have been lucky because: (i) all your passengers were wearing seat belts, and (ii) your car fell onto its side but didn't tip over onto its roof.

Don't worry about the car. We all pay for our experiences (just like paying tuition for a college degree) and this was your payment to make you a better driver. Hopefully, you've been able to get a car from a higher segment for a vehicle with more safety features.
Old 11th June 2014, 15:04   #135
BHPian

Re: Why?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post

Would request the mods to review such threads and decide if we should allow them for the sheer reason that they have pics of cars in them. We have countless impressionable readers on the site. I wonder what they learn from such threads.

And to the driver of the car, well, I thank God that there was no one else who got impacted by your senseless speeding on a stormy night. Next time you are on the wheels of a car, please be considerate to others at least if not to yourself and your co passengers. A vehicle is a 1200 kg chunk of metal which needs to be guided very carefully.

May sanity prevail.

Regards
D
I am flabbergasted by the fact that there are people who are taking a stand against dushmish and defending the thread creater. The circumstances leading to the accident was such that it would have been a miracle if there were no accidents. I am not sure what is there to learn by sharing this? Don't people already know about controlled driving in rain and the consequences of not doing so. If anything, some of the posts kind of indirectly encourage people to drive as per their skill. Now who is to judge your individual skill? There are rules and regulations to take care of that. Rules/ regulations are foremost for the good of masses. The thread started was indeed putting all the motorists/ pedestrians at serious danger without any fault of theirs throughout the journey till probably Amavasya god or devil decided it was enough. I dont want to die tomorrow banged up by a driver as good as Michael Schumacher (skill wise) but with brains of a bullock who does not realise basic disciplinary actions to driving. Because I know there are such people on the road and they are the ones who scare me the most. Driving skills is not only how good you are with handling but also how good you are with planning, adjusting, foreseeing and travelling fast despite following all rules. Dont take me for a bore professing against speed driving because I am against it per se. I drive hell fast, but I follow rules - always.
'Drive as per your skill' also creates many traffic problems. One similar analogy is the jerks who cut into the wrong lane when traffic is stuck on both lanes, thinking they are the only skilled driver to do so. There are others but they are following regulations which would have made it easier and faster to all to get back home.

I am also surprised that if we are not against such actions, then Team-BhP directives are mere hypocritical statements.

My sympathies are with thread starter and I wish him well. But hell, on the night of the accident, I would only have cared that every one else other than you was safe.

Also, when I am reading what I have read, its coming across very angry, , maybe my hold on written english is weak, I just intend to put my view across in a subtle manner.
neelchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks