Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 07:54   #61
BHPian

Get well soon dude. Really sad to see a Baleno so.

Think of a scenario that you rammed into some other vehicle or knocked a fellow villager. Thank GOD that you ended your play into this.
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:51   #62
BHPian

I still dont understand. People are claiming that he was wrong to speed because it was raining? Does the 'speed limit' mean anything to you folks at all? Its there for a reason. I hope people who still speed and then manage to ruin the life of innocent bystanders rot in hell ; because often they manage to get away with a mere scrape but the lives of innocents are affected.

In this case I am thankful that the driver himself was punished and not severely and hopefully he would have learnt from his mistakes. But as it turns out he has only promised to not speed on dark rainy nights. Dude if you are so passionate about speed, take it to the tracks where you have all the safety gear and where you wont hurt any one else.
Takumi-san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:47   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Yup, as everyone said, you were completely wrong in driving at those speeds in that wet condition. Imagine if that road been a full blown highway, think of the consequences, it would have been an unimaginable accident, thank your stars it was a small by-road with no oncoming traffic where this accident took place.

Also, do refrain from doing all night driving as most accidents take place usually between 2AM-5AM.

In short, your plain lucky to get out of it alive. Get well soon!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:33   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

You were driving at 140-160kmph on rainy night,you do not have any right to call this incident bad luck rather your are you so lucky to have survived.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:30   #65
BHPian

lesson learn't i think so..
it is really stupid to drive at those speeds during night added it was raining..
man you are dam lucky...
It is always better to avoid night driving, if so please drive at speed where you can handle you car may be 60-70 km/h during night.
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:46   #66

Thank God that you are safe...

Seeing the condition of the car, I feel you should thank God for saving your life.. At this speed on a rainy night... anything could have happened!!!
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:20   #67
Senior - BHPian

I'm thinking about all the people who drive just as rashly, have never met with an accident and continue to drive rashly with a false sense of security. For every such incident that results in an accident where someone learns a lesson, there are scores of others who still drive the same way saying, "It won't happen to me".... and there are some who drove that way till they died.... and a few who's friends/relatives/drivers drove that way till they died.
Rash driving is like unprotected s.e.x. You think you're the king of the world ...till one day..... (you know!)
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to your lucky stars that you escaped. And these pictures are working as a stern warning for me not to drive too fast on our highways. Atleast I've learnt my lesson from your accident.
BTW, on that Shimoga road( isn't it the Bangalore-honnavar (BH) road?) it's difficult to run on 100kmph even on day time for most of the section. Very few sections you can touch 100kmph and by that time a turn or a dip will appear and one need to reduce the speed.
And probably you were doing that 140-160kmph thing on the NH4 section before you took the BH road, right? As it's just impossible to do 160kmph on BH road even in broad daylight and even without a single vehicle on the road. I also did that much speed on NH4 [albeit in daytime with all sun shine and very less traffic], so I won't lecture on speed limits and all as I'm also a sinner.
Anyway, get well soon and drive safe.

BTW, @Benji, there is a fine line between driving rash and driving fast. Not all fast drivers are rash and not all rash drivers are fast. But yes, sometimes it's quite easy to cross the limit and become rash from fast.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 23rd September 2009 at 19:59.
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:05   #69
BHPian

Akash, Get well soon & take things easy, we all do stupid things at some points in our life. Past is history & no point in brooding over it, but it should make us wise.

Even at that dreadful moment, everything was in your favour & seat belts might have played a crucial role.

A lesson for all of us, still we wont be learning much, basic human nature.
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:58   #70
BHPian

Everything said & Done - Mate, you are really lucky to have managed to come out of this with hardly any to you and more importantly your friends (Cause, you might have not been able to forgive yourself for anything happening to them.

"Jaan Salaamat to Gaadiyaan Hazaar."

Mistakes happen and I'm sure its a great lesson for all of us and most importantly you.

Be cautious in the future and may the force that saved you prevail for all.

Last edited by mantrig : 23rd September 2009 at 21:59.
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:38   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
I still dont understand. People are claiming that he was wrong to speed because it was raining? Does the 'speed limit' mean anything to you folks at all? Its there for a reason.
Yes, but... Can you say that you always drive within the speed limit?

I have done my share of "lecturing" here, but I'd have to admit that I regularly drive on the Chennai end of the OMR (Rajiv Gandhi Salai) at 60kph: the speed limit there is 40. People go very much faster than that, but I rarely do so; I set my own limit at 60 --- but it is still breaking the law.

I'm not encouraging anybody to break the speed limit. I've said how I had an accident driving at the limit (should have said 80kph: 50mph, always get confused by the conversion)... it is experience and common sense.

I can say that, on a narrow, unlit country road, anywhere in the world, high speed is madness.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:56   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
BTW, @Benji, there is a fine line between driving rash and driving fast. Not all fast drivers are rash and not all rash drivers are fast. But yes, sometimes it's quite easy to cross the limit and become rash from fast.
+1 : Exactly the reason I did not use the word 'fast' in my post. Its not just the fast driving that caused the accident but that at some point it turned into rash driving.
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:46   #73
BHPian

Too bad about the car
I am a survivor of a crash where the car (OHC) rolled sideways down a mountain for a considerable distance.It was on new years day 2009.

All 5 people who were in the car had only bruises and minor cuts(had seatbelts on),but the car was totalled. Even the engine was smashed by small tree crashing into it as it rolled down.

I know how it feels. I lost my faith in the gods of probability then. even if its 99.99% safe to speed (or in my case take a blind hairpin too fast) it will catch up sometime or the other.
You will escape thousand times but the 1001th time may come

I am lucky to be alive today,so are you.
Please be careful
Joe-Ker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2009, 21:08   #74
BHPian

here is uploaded repair cost.
Attached Files
File Type: xls repair.xls (28.0 KB, 1383 views)
Old 24th September 2009, 21:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
here is uploaded repair cost.
2,25000 ?! So are you going for it or no ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks