Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2011, 14:06   #31
BHPian

Re: Dented my ANHC What to do..

I guess his car is 1 year old and insurance expired and his brother forgot to pay the check,hence the result,as new cars didn't get registered without valid insurance.IMO you should get this done locally as dealer will ask you to paint the whole fender and will burn in your wallet for the same.

Last edited by acsandeep : 19th October 2011 at 14:07.
Old 19th October 2011, 14:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry, it is not a major dent.

Cost of fixing this dent + replacement of tail lamp as HASS would be around 15k. This is because this is a large panel.

Cost for the same would be 5k in other shops.

I would advice get it done outside service center. It is a 4 -5 hour job and this is not a difficult shade to match.
Old 19th October 2011, 14:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
... The service is also due post warranty so it has to go to the dealers anyway. Please help me with these issues..
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
This is what I am thinking about. Doesn't law require that a dealer has to make sure that the vehicle has third party insurance at the time of delivery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
And OT question - Is it legal to drive a car without insurance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
And I was under the impression that no car gets registered without a valid Insurance paper. Simply not acceptable esp from a BHPian to have no car Insurance. I am not sure how you can get the insurance in between the year but if its possible do get it done ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
I guess his car is 1 year old and insurance expired and his brother forgot to pay the check,hence the result,as new cars didn't get registered without valid insurance.IMO you should get this done locally as dealer will ask you to paint the whole fender and will burn in your wallet for the same.
I think the car is more than a year old going from the first post, my guess would be around 3 years. Anyways it's not a case of a new car being driven out of the showroom without a valid insurance.

And it's illegal to drive without at least a third party insurance policy for the vehicle.
Old 19th October 2011, 14:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

This is bad.
You should not be driving the car without insurance.
Period.
Old 19th October 2011, 14:26   #35
BHPian

Mismatch in colour, if any at all, will be visible only when there are water droplets on the car. At least it is so for my red swift. Got a sllight dent repaired at the local guy's and net cost was 3500/-.

And i would say the finish is around 95%.
Old 19th October 2011, 14:54   #36
BHPian

Its ~1.5 years old car. Its actually not my personal car but the family car. Its mostly used by my brother & he is supposed to take care of it. The money was given to him for insurance but he didn't got it. I'd asked him few times earlier & he told me that he has taken care of insurance but clearly it was not the case.

Do you guys seriously believe I would have driven it & that to on highways had I known that there was no insurance. If you can see in the pictures there is a 1999 model Zen parked behind which I mostly use & its insured by me since last 11 years (every year). I've a 2003 model Activa as well which is always insured by me. So STOP judging me before getting the whole picture please. I already mentioned that the money was provided & the insurance cover was not taken by my brother.

On topic. since few had mentioned that its minor & wouldn't be visible even if taken care outside of HONDA *** then I guess its also an option. I guess the color could be matched but I'll have to get involved personally. Also should I get the taillight also from Honda or is it available as well.
Old 19th October 2011, 15:02   #37
Team-BHP Support

From the looks of it, I've a feeling a local garage might just screw up the paint job. You need to get it done from a A.S.S.

IMO, the whole thing will cost you around 5-6k including changing the tail lamp.

Here's a suggestion; why don't you have the Insurance renewed and then go for the repair.

If you're lucky, your car won't be inspected at the time of renewal and you can have it repaired some time later. If you aren't that lucky, you'll have to pay anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Which part of the world are you located in? Here in Pune there is a guy who does the dent repair jobs and he is ready to go upto Navi Mumbai.
But the paint has gone off too; so this requires more than just PDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
plus, isnt this one of the most proliferive shades of the city on the roads today?
Aftermarket paintshops will have no problem matching it.
They're sure to have fixed one such before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Dont worry, it is not a major dent.

Cost of fixing this dent + replacement of tail lamp as HASS would be around 15k. This is because this is a large panel.

Cost for the same would be 5k in other shops.

I would advice get it done outside service center. It is a 4 -5 hour job and this is not a difficult shade to match.
15k?! No sir, Honda ain't that expensive either.

I'm not so sure about paint matching; the habanero red shade isn't that easily available.

The red on the earlier gen. City is common.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 19th October 2011 at 15:05.
Old 19th October 2011, 15:07   #38
BHPian

If you intend to keep your car for long along with peace of mind, go with Honda Service Center, IMO they have fixed rates for every removable part which means, you entire right fender would be removed and painted, at higher cost when compared with local garage.
One advice, please double check with Honda that the repaint would be exactly similar to your current paint. I have seen cars with marginal variation, visible at times and the reason given by *** people is that your existing color has faded and hence the difference.
Alternatively, you can check out with some good garage in your city and get the work done. I personally had a very good experience with a garage for my old Santro
Old 19th October 2011, 15:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
From the looks of it, I've a feeling a local garage might just screw up the paint job. You need to get it done from a A.S.S.

IMO, the whole thing will cost you around 5-6k including changing the tail lamp.
Spoke to my brother & decided that first an estimate could be taken from Honda to chart out a course of action. If its ~5k then its nothing & I would easily go for it.

Quote:
Here's a suggestion; why don't you have the Insurance renewed and then go for the repair.

If you're lucky, your car won't be inspected at the time of renewal and you can have it repaired some time later. If you aren't that lucky, you'll have to pay anyway.
I can get the insurance & few friends have contacts which can help me get it right now but I am avoiding it. Doesn't feel right to get an insurance & take advantage if its not much damage.

Quote:

I'm not so sure about paint matching; the habanero red shade isn't that easily available.

The red on the earlier gen. City is common.
I hope they are not but they do charge a premium on service as well. Maintaining a HONDA is indeed expensive. I am also of the opinion that the darker shades are difficult to match. I would hate to see that sheen of paint go.
Old 19th October 2011, 15:17   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Alternatively, you can check out with some good garage in your city and get the work done. I personally had a very good experience with a garage for my old Santro
Found out about a guy who visits HONDA for denting work & he can take care of the dent but don't know about painting yet until I talk to him tomorrow.

I'd also seen pain jobs messed by service personal (authorized) & blaming it on color fading. Happened to my Activa. :(
Old 19th October 2011, 15:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the paint has gone off too; so this requires more than just PDR.

Yup that is right. But i am told that the person also has some liquid using which he can remove the scratches as well. Yet to see the results of it.
Old 19th October 2011, 15:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
15 because:
1. Denting of rear panel
2. Panel repaint
3. Bumper repaint
4. Tail light cluster (A.S.S. only sells a pair)
Old 19th October 2011, 15:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
4. Tail light cluster (A.S.S. only sells a pair)
Not correct. I had the right side tail lamp cluster only replaced by Honda A.S.S. (Prime Honda, Vaishali) on my City a while back.
Old 19th October 2011, 17:19   #44
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : As per the recent Mass PM, Team-BHP no longer permits the use of (hard to understand) acronyms for newly launched cars. Please refer to each car by its full name only. This will make our content useful to experts & newbies alike.

Last edited by GTO : 20th October 2011 at 16:49.
Old 17th September 2012, 02:33   #45
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Sorry to post here, but im unsure as to where i should start a thread.

On Sunday 17th Sep, as i was driving down a highway in Kerala, about 5km from my house, i was stuck in traffic. Now an autorikshaw slowly sqeezed in on my left. I was in my lane, and was stationary when some vehicles ahead moved. This auto suddenly banged into my car once, then he turned further left and again scratched the ccar. Now i indicated to him with my hand, then i moved my vehicle ahead about 15 m and found a spot on the side of the road where i would not block traffic and parked there. He was catching up now and there was more empty space, i indicated to the driver to stop. He gestured with his hand and sped away without stopping. I made sure to memorise his regn. as he was approaching.

I have his registration number, (KL-42-C-5403) and know the type and general decription (taxi, diesel ape, fitted with extra horns etc...), also he was carriying 5-6 people.

My Vento suffered dents on the left rear wheel well and full length scratches on the rear door. Im more upset that he fled, than about the damage.

What would you guys recomend i do, ie legally? How should i proceed?

Also i looked up his registration details from the Kerala MVD attached as pdf.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KL42C5403.pdf (123.2 KB, 6733 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks