Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2017, 08:59   #721
BHPian

Re: Hyundai xcent rear ended - repair estimate and insurance claim

BenjiRoss, if you are in Chennai, please ask for a quote from Maria cars (95667 77624 - Rajeswari) located near Guindy. Send the pictures to them and ask for a quote; I had a good experience with them about 8 months back for dents removal & painting for my Rapid.
batman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 11:21   #722
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai xcent rear ended - repair estimate and insurance claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
BenjiRoss, if you are in Chennai, please ask for a quote from Maria cars (95667 77624 - Rajeswari) located near Guindy. Send the pictures to them and ask for a quote; I had a good experience with them about 8 months back for dents removal & painting for my Rapid.
Or these guys. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...r-chennai.html

If the locking mechanism etc are damaged it might not be a good idea - but there's also the opportunity to source second hand from Pudupet (eg where a car is brought in with a head on collision but its rear / boot etc are undamaged)

The speed guy and some other independent garages can be trusted to do that, and it might substantially reduce your bill in case you don't want to take a hit on your insurance policy and raise premiums.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 12:56   #723
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need advice after Accident

Thanks for the inputs. Im in Vellore and have very few options. I have authorised Jains Hyundai to do he repairs with insurance cover. Royal Sundaram suggested a MyTVS cashless garage option, but I felt more confident with my dealer. Apparently I'll need to bear some labour charges which they won't cover. Will negotiate for that.
And paradoxically my Viofo dashcam arrived yesterday. Not that it would have helped in a rear ended accident, but still the irony brought a smirk to my face. Will update on progress of work when possible to see if work and timelines are acceptable.
Old 6th December 2017, 17:45   #724
BHPian

Hi,

I suffered an accident recently where an idiot Indigo driver came at speed from a side road and hit the front corner of the Verna.

Here are the damage pictures:
# Exterior:
Dent on Bonnet
Left and Right Fender damage
Front Bumper Damage
Left side door scratches and dent
Curtain Airbags - Left side
Driver and Passenger airbags
Headlight & Fog Lamp
# Inside the bonnet
Cross-member bent
Radiator housing frame

Here is the estimate and pictures

Picture 1: Scratches on left door and small dent
Picture 2: Left fender and bumper dent, Right fender damaged as well
Picture 3: Cross member bent
Picture 4: Radiator frame needs replacement
Pictures 5-8: Estimate
Front and passenger airbag, curtain airbags on left side deflated

Please let me know if there is anything else that I need to check for.
Is the cross member replacement a difficult task that can damage apron?
Do the estimates look right
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice after Accident-picture1.jpg  

Need advice after Accident-picture2.jpg  

Need advice after Accident-picture3.jpg  

Need advice after Accident-picture4.jpg  

Need advice after Accident-picture5.png  

Need advice after Accident-picture6.png  

Need advice after Accident-picture7.png  

Need advice after Accident-picture8.png  

bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 18:13   #725
Senior - BHPian

How much is the total estimate? If it is anywhere near 75% of your IDV in your insurance policy you'd be well justified in claiming a total loss on the car.
Old 6th December 2017, 18:17   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
How much is the total estimate? If it is anywhere near 75% of your IDV in your insurance policy you'd be well justified in claiming a total loss on the car.
Total estimate is 3.37 Lakh INR. NO damage to chassis or to the engine. So no total loss.
Replacements: Fenders left & right, headlight, fog lamp, curtain & side airbags on the left, Front Passenger and Driver airbags, windshield, dashboard, radiator housing frame, cross-member
Repairs: left door, bonnet

Cost of car is 16L and it is 2 months old. Given no effect to chassis and engine, total loss is not justified?
Old 6th December 2017, 18:35   #727
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Total estimate is 3.37 Lakh INR.
=======
Cost of car is 16L and it is 2 months old. Given no effect to chassis and engine, total loss is not justified?
Being a new car and since this is covered under warranty, i would suggest you go with this. The estimate might be little inflated but that is insurance agents work to negotiate and make it realistic.
Old 6th December 2017, 18:46   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Being a new car and since this is covered under warranty, i would suggest you go with this. The estimate might be little inflated but that is insurance agents work to negotiate and make it realistic.
Yes, there is bumper to bumper insurance 0 depreciation. No damage to chassis or engine and minor repairs. Big bill is because the airbags deflated. From the pictures, is there anything specific I should check with the body shop?
Old 6th December 2017, 19:33   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From the pictures, is there anything specific I should check with the body shop?
Only apron damage and it’s repair would be critical. Rest of parts are mostly plug and play.
To double check, you can take more pics of apron and damaged surrounding parts.
Take similar pics of a fresh car and compare it after repair work is done.
Keep an eye on clearance(gap) between parts like hoses, wires etc.

Good luck
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 20:13   #730
Senior - BHPian

Go ahead with the repairs. Estimate will always be inflated, but as Jaggu mentioned, that is the insurance company's headache, not yours. Most items are easily replacable at the service center. The only one I'd tell you to watch out for (also the most expensive) is the airbag replacements. The top of the dashboard will be replaced and the whole thing will be taken apart when work is being carried out on the car. This is where most company service centers display their incompetence. I am not saying they cannot do it perfectly, but when you take delivery of the car after repairs, ask them to come for a test drive and check for squeeks and rattles coming from the interior panels. Also check if AC vents close and open properly and direct air everywhere properly as this is usually where the lack of finesse shows in their work. Nothing to be scared of, just check that all vents are functioning properly and that they close fully etc.
Old 6th December 2017, 21:51   #731
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Before the work starts and the insurance company approves the claim can you ask them to check the alloy wheel as well ? If at all it is bent/cracked you can ask them to add that to the estimate just now, if they find it out later you will have to make another claim and that will reflect in your insurance premuim negatively.

Same goes for the tyre.

Last edited by navin : 7th December 2017 at 15:14. Reason: typo
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 22:06   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Before the work starts and the insurance company approves the claim can you ask them to check the alloy wheel as well ? If at all it is bent/cracked you can ask them to add that to the estimate just now, if they find it out later you will have to make another claim and that will be reflect in your insurance premuim negatively.

Same goes for the tyre.
Thanks OSH, there were some scratches on the alloy and I asked them to replace that as well
Old 6th December 2017, 22:51   #733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is the cross member replacement a difficult task that can damage apron?
Do the estimates look right
Hi,

Looks like they've covered everything. Cross member replacement shouldn't be a big thing. A competent A.S.S can easily handle it and get the car back to top shape.

Just make sure you check the alignment (all values) after the repair and also ask them to doubly make sure you won't have any alignment issues.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 17:05   #734
BHPian

Thanks to all those that responded. I was insane over the last 5 days seeing the damage to the new car. In hindsight, I had not given the car to the best showroom. Today I gave the car in Outer Ring Road Hyundai service center and spoke to the people there. They are absolutely knowledgeable and gave me so much comfort that now I don't have any worries. I should have given it to them in the beginning only. Most of the parts are plug and play

They suggested not to replace the cross member as it is bent and can be got into shape. The earlier folks wanted to cut the apron and fit a new cross member - this is where body shop expertise helps and the Hyundai folks at outer ring road have it in plenty. I wish I had given them earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Being a new car and since this is covered under warranty, i would suggest you go with this.
Thanks. will be doing the same as suggested. Thanks for your patience with me on whatsapp. Team bhp is full of good souls like you, paragsanchania, a4anurag, Jaggu, dhanushs etc. Thanks to all of your whatsapp help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Only apron damage and it’s repair would be critical. Rest of parts are mostly plug and play.
To double check, you can take more pics of apron and damaged surrounding parts.
Take similar pics of a fresh car and compare it after repair work is done.
Keep an eye on clearance(gap) between parts like hoses, wires etc.

Good luck
Thanks for your inputs. The apron is fresh and no damage. Only cross member is slightly bent and can be brought back to shape. No need to fit new cross member and cut apron. Lucky that the apron is safe.
Your inputs were very useful. Thanks kpzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The top of the dashboard will be replaced and the whole thing will be taken apart when work is being carried out on the car. This is where most company service centers display their incompetence. I am not saying they cannot do it perfectly, but when you take delivery of the car after repairs, ask them to come for a test drive and check for squeeks and rattles coming from the interior panels. Also check if AC vents close and open properly and direct air everywhere properly as this is usually where the lack of finesse shows in their work. Nothing to be scared of, just check that all vents are functioning properly and that they close fully etc.
Thanks for your inputs. This person in the body shop in ORR is an expert. So the job will be fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Before the work starts and the insurance company approves the claim can you ask them to check the alloy wheel as well ? If at all it is bent/cracked you can ask them to add that to the estimate just now, if they find it out later you will have to make another claim and that will reflect in your insurance premuim negatively.

Same goes for the tyre.
Thanks buddy. They will be getting a new alloy wheel. Thanks for your inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi,
Looks like they've covered everything. Cross member replacement shouldn't be a big thing. A competent A.S.S can easily handle it and get the car back to top shape.

Just make sure you check the alignment (all values) after the repair and also ask them to doubly make sure you won't have any alignment issues.
Thanks dhanushs. your inputs were very helpful

I consider myself lucky as my son in the baby seat in the rear was not hit by the crazy driver. I am also lucky as the car on impact moved to the other side of the road and there was no vehicle in front like a lorry that would have injured me or a 2-wheeler/pedestrian who would have been injured. Really grateful to God to be typing this note

I never knew much about cars till I joined team bhp last year. I had a Ritz and Swift and my thought of a car was a way of commute from place A to place B. Now I spend a lot of time in team-bhp and my wife says I have become car crazy. This craziness led me to search a new car - either S-cross or Verna and ended up buying Verna. Now I am looking to replace the Swift with another car Dzire or i20.
Team-bhp surely makes one car crazy. I have only surfed the net about aprons and other stuff for the last 3 days. In hindsight, it is just about the feeling that your car will be good and I got the feeling today.

The repair shop in outer ring road of Hyundai is top notch. So spacious in space, high quality and knowledgeable people

Last edited by bhpfaninblr : 7th December 2017 at 17:13.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 17:32   #735
BHPian

Need Help n Suggestions

Hi All,

My car Laura had an accident and was damaged badly. Repair estimate has come out to be around 6.5 lacs as per Jai Auto Gurgaon.
I got a call from insurance person today stating that if I do not want to go through repair route and settle for loss then they would be giving me 7 lacs whereas the IDV was of 9 lacs.

Out of these 7 lacs, 5.3 lacs would be paid by insurance and 1.7 lacs by some person who would be buying the car wreck.

My car had run 85000 kms and was 2013 registered. I was thinking that I should get the total IDV of the car.

What do you guys suggest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks