Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 22:19   #16
BHPian

Bangalore Folks - Can you please share details about good body work shop? I own a Fiesta. Last week, a water tanker guy on his tractor come and hit my parked car :(. My boot, rear bumper and tail lamps got damages. Appreciate if you guys can share some workshop details
Old 27th October 2009, 21:07   #17
BHPian

Repaired

Got the vehicle repaired last week itself. Was not finding time to write the report in detail.

Vehicle repaired from a workshop in Anepalya (near Adugodi on Hosur Road). The bumper have been reshaped beautifully and also got the painting done.
Total Cost : Re 2450 (including a detailing)

Here is the result :

The dent is a distant memory now
Need advice after Accident-image3168.jpg

The paint has brought back her former glory
Need advice after Accident-image3169.jpg

Sharing the contact number as per requested by sbala.
The guy I dealt with is named Shankar ( +91 98453 19915). They do body repairs and detailing.

If you contact him mention condor's name (Parwath Patil) and/or my name Kishore Ckakraborty as reference. It seems this person has already helped a couple of TBHpians with their cars.
Old 17th November 2009, 13:49   #18
BHPian

Thanks a lot Kishore. This helps !!!
Old 17th November 2009, 14:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wonderfully done. No trace of accident at all.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:49   #20
BHPian

fantastic job done !!! Even i had the same experience with my TATA Vista bumper - similar depression. It went through torch heating and lo! even got the crease lines perfect!!!!
The cost was Rs 1500.
Old 26th January 2010, 09:34   #21

number of shankar

Hi Kishore,

Thanks so much for this info. I have a similar problem that I am trying to get fixed on my i10. Unfortunately, Shankar seems to have changed his number. Do you remember the name of his garage in Adugodi or any way I can possibly find it?

Best,
Dhananjay
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:54   #22
BHPian

local bumper repair

my car had met with a small accident and the bumper alignment got displaced.

Showing it to authorized work shop recommended me for replacing the entire bumper which i was not willing , since it was just a misalignment and on asking them to repair the same their response was that the clips was broken so replace the entire bumper.

can some one recommend me a local bumper repair shop in and around marathahalli.
Old 24th May 2010, 15:02   #23
BHPian

@KishorC -
Thats some serious good work there.
Job well done and reasonable as well.

Did he paint the entire bumper or only a part of it ? Did the paint match ?
Old 19th October 2011, 12:16   #24
BHPian

Dented my ANHC What to do..

Had an accident on the highway while driving my ANHC. A truck nicked the rear right fender at the back making a dent & broken the tail light. There is another issue. My brother was suppose to take the insurance & was given the amount but instead he didn't. Therefore there is no insurance on the vehicle. Which means everything has to be borne out of my pocket.

Now should I go to the authorized Honda dealer for repair or should I get it done locally. Personally I am a little apprehensive about the second option since I believe they cannot match the paint quality of the original.

Another option is to get the dent fixed outside & then maybe get the paint job done at the authorized dealer. Don't know how would they (Honda) react to this option.

What could be the estimated cost of repairs at Honda dealer. Should I stick to the authorized service or look elsewhere. The service is also due post warranty so it has to go to the dealers anyway. Please help me with these issues..

Pictures : -

Old 19th October 2011, 12:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dented my ANHC What to do..

This is nothing major and a local repair guy can also repair, also if you are uncomfortable give it to Honda A.S.S. It would cost slightly higher but if you are comfortable then use Honda Services.

As such you cannot claim any insurance, also if possible get it repaired and then insured as the insurance has lapsed the agent will insist in inspecting the car.
Old 19th October 2011, 13:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

If you go to the ASC for a matching paint, be assured that the whole side panel will be painted and not simply the affected spot. So if you want a 100% matching paint, you will have to shell out more money too.

And for god's sake, GET YOUR INSURANCE! It's a crime to drive a car without valid insurance on the public roads.
Old 19th October 2011, 13:37   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

plus, isnt this one of the most proliferive shades of the city on the roads today?
Aftermarket paintshops will have no problem matching it.
They're sure to have fixed one such before.
Old 19th October 2011, 13:39   #28
BHPian

@wolf_lone: Why not check out a competent mechanic/garage as the damage ain't anything major? An A.S.S. would definitely cost more. Worst case, you just might have to get the fender replaced if repaired via A.S.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
And for god's sake, GET YOUR INSURANCE! It's a crime to drive a car without valid insurance on the public roads.
This is what I am thinking about. Doesn't law require that a dealer has to make sure that the vehicle has third party insurance at the time of delivery?
Old 19th October 2011, 13:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Had an accident on the highway while driving my ANHC. A truck nicked the rear right fender at the back making a dent & broken the tail light. There is another issue. My brother was suppose to take the insurance & was given the amount but instead he didn't. Therefore there is no insurance on the vehicle.
Which part of the world are you located in? Here in Pune there is a guy who does the dent repair jobs and he is ready to go upto Navi Mumbai.
Quite a few BHPians including me have availed his services.

And OT question - Is it legal to drive a car without insurance?
Old 19th October 2011, 13:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

And I was under the impression that no car gets registered without a valid Insurance paper. Simply not acceptable esp from a BHPian to have no car Insurance. I am not sure how you can get the insurance in between the year but if its possible do get it done ASAP.

Ideal thing would be to get the repairs done at Honda Service centre, atleast you will have some peace of mind in the absence of Insurance however low/high the cost might be.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks