Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2012, 13:43   #61
BHPian

Re: Need advice after Accident

Thanks guys for your suggestions, I have already contacted a lawyer and a colleague also told me that she has a good political connections there at Krishnagiri. Feeling a lot relieved now but the next incident has started, the threat calls. I have already informed Krishnagiri police station that I am receiving threat calls from there and I am only going to come to court if they assure my safety planing to do this legally. Lawyer also insisted that I take back the money I gave to the middle man and all the proceedings from now will be handled by him.
Thanks a lot for the support from all of you, will post any further happenings.

I learned some things in the incident:
1> Most person who help will help for something in return. The person who does not want something will just come, help and go and we will never notice them.
2> Try to learn the language of the state where you live and also of surrounding states if you are in South India.
3> It does not matter if your intention is good, people always tries to take advantage.
4> Corruption is there in all sectors whether it be in Govt., Private or Daily life.
Old 11th October 2012, 23:34   #62
BHPian

Hit and Brushed Corolla against Truck. Need Help.

Hello!

I feel horrible. Really pathetic. I damaged my Corolla by brushing against a Truck rather strongly. A little background on what happened tonight :

I was coming out of a parking area which opens up to the Vasant Vihar market road, those familiar with Delhi would know.

This truck was parked right at the cut, making it difficult for vehicles ahead of me to turn with oncoming traffic. This parking opens to a single lane road.

While turning out of the parking and onto the road, I spotted a Swift a little too close for comfort so I tilted the steering towards the left and zip was the sound.

By the time I could react, I had fully brushed against the truck. I drove on since the truck wasn't occupied. I have to admit - I panicked. Maybe I should have stayed. Maybe I should have been slower. There are a lot of things I could have done, but that I cannot help. I can only be careful in future.

I assumed the damage was minimal till I halted a km ahead to check on my car. I was trembling at the sight before me. Never in my driving life have I ever managed to damage a vehicle to such a great extent.

My mother has bought this vehicle from a friend. She doesn't drive nor has she employed anyone to drive her around, so I take the Corolla out twice a week, approximately 60 kms/week to ensure she stays in check and doesn't end up rotting. Otherwise my own vehicle is a Chevy Beat, driven with care and nothing beyond minor scratches and an odd dent which isn't visible till you really look for it.

I called up my trusted friend, Augustene. He is owner of KJ Automobiles in Kailash Colony and managed to fix my Chevy when it hit a parking pole while reversing. He did a very good job and restored the cocktail green color without much trouble.

I sent him pictures via mail but it was too late for Augustene to check it out. After explaining the damage and asking him for the worst case scenario he has quoted 8.5 k.

As far as I am concerned I do not approve of my stupidity and want to get this fixed on my own. On the other hand I am confused if I should go the insurance route. The insurance is in my mother's name. I would request your expert opinions on this. I am all set for dropping the vehicle at KJ's garage tomorrow evening.

I know I was stupid, I proved that to myself. I would appreciate if I could have suggestions please?
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice after Accident-rsz_1teambhpcorolla.jpg  

Need advice after Accident-rsz_teambhpcorolla1-1.jpg  

Old 11th October 2012, 23:50   #63
BHPian

Re: Hit and Brushed Corolla against Truck. Need Help.

Hello Abhishek,

It doesn't seems to be something major, if you go by standard rate , per piece charge for denting and paintings is INR 2500. It should not cost more than 5k-6k.

Yes, if the part near the petrol lid is sliced, than it might cost a bit extra and sometimes its not advisable to repair the same.

Also, as you have mentioned that your friend did a good job on your beat, i would suggest you to go to him and get the final quote. If it sounds reasonable, go with him. Its not easy to paint the green and blue color of beat, if your friend has managed to do it, he must be good.

Regards
Ravi

Last edited by raviacc2825 : 11th October 2012 at 23:52.
raviacc2825 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 23:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

I think you will have to replace the rear fender.
And the door can be repaired,i am sure,it is going to cost much more than 8.5K.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 23:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

The damage is not all that great. Sure, it always appears to be the worst when it is our own car, but objectively speaking, this is quite less damage.

Just get it done at your own cost, at your friend's garage, tinkering & painting won't set you back more than 5-6K.

As far as the truck is concerned, visible damage will be close to nil I reckon.

These things happen. They happen to the most experienced drivers too. Just a part of life mate.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 00:12   #66
BHPian

Do not be too hard on yourself. These things happen and one wishes one could turn back the clock. In the hands of a good workman, it should be as good as before.
Old 12th October 2012, 02:00   #67
BHPian

This sure is dent and paint job, but IMHO 8.5K is the right thing quoted. ANything less will be a compromise in the quality of the paint.

Last edited by Googleman : 12th October 2012 at 02:01.
Old 12th October 2012, 02:31   #68
Senior - BHPian

Abhishek, this is sad incident. But, this is not that big damage. I have encountered much bigger than this and the same was fixed without a flaw. Don't worry too much about it. I think the quoted Rs. 8.5 is very reasonable. Nothing will be replaced in your car. It will be repaired for sure.
Old 12th October 2012, 03:39   #69
Senior - BHPian

Agree with the above posts. Damage is not so much compared to what we have seen and experienced. 8500 seems reasonable if its a dent and paint job. No replacement is required, if you don't go to the A.S.S. . Your FNG should be able to do this.
Old 12th October 2012, 06:41   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
Hello Abhishek,

It doesn't seems to be something major, if you go by standard rate , per piece charge for denting and paintings is INR 2500. It should not cost more than 5k-6k.

Also, as you have mentioned that your friend did a good job on your beat, i would suggest you to go to him and get the final quote. If it sounds reasonable, go with him. Its not easy to paint the green and blue color of beat, if your friend has managed to do it, he must be good.

Regards
Ravi
Thanks Ravi. Yes, the Beat wasn't easy but he did it. I am going ahead with KJ Automobiles, let's see his reaction on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
The damage is not all that great. Sure, it always appears to be the worst when it is our own car, but objectively speaking, this is quite less damage.

Just get it done at your own cost, at your friend's garage, tinkering & painting won't set you back more than 5-6K.

As far as the truck is concerned, visible damage will be close to nil I reckon.

These things happen. They happen to the most experienced drivers too. Just a part of life mate.
Thanks Kilo Alpha. I really needed some reassurance. You're right the damage seems to magnify when it's your vehicle and kind of becomes worse when your mother owns it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_anurag View Post
Do not be too hard on yourself. These things happen and one wishes one could turn back the clock. In the hands of a good workman, it should be as good as before.
Thanks Doc. I hope so too. I discovered after my initial post that the door is jammed too. I am hoping it would not need a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
This sure is dent and paint job, but IMHO 8.5K is the right thing quoted. ANything less will be a compromise in the quality of the paint.
Thanks Googleman. I would not like a compromise on the paint under any circumstances. Hopefully, it will come back just like it was yesterday before the incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Abhishek, this is sad incident. But, this is not that big damage. I have encountered much bigger than this and the same was fixed without a flaw. Don't worry too much about it. I think the quoted Rs. 8.5 is very reasonable. Nothing will be replaced in your car. It will be repaired for sure.
Hi Ramesh. Thanks for the support. It helps when it comes from a 'been there-done that' individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Agree with the above posts. Damage is not so much compared to what we have seen and experienced. 8500 seems reasonable if its a dent and paint job. No replacement is required, if you don't go to the A.S.S. . Your FNG should be able to do this.
Thanks hrman. Unfortunately or fortunately, I have never been in this position hence the panic. A.S.S. is not an option considering the bomb quotes they'll throw at me. I'd rather stick with KJ. I am dropping the car after office at his garage.
Old 12th October 2012, 07:07   #71
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Does your Mom know about this? If not, please do that.
The damage is on 2 panels. I would suggest, take the car to authorized service center and get the job done under insurance. Since there are no rubber/plastic parts involved in the damage, most likely the insurance would cover the whole amount. So it does not matter what is the amount the service center charges. If at all, you might end up paying ~2,000 Rs. The paint job would be top notch.

Any NCB on the insurance policy would be gone next year, but for a decently old car (assuming that the corolla is 4-5 years old), the financial-dent would be significantly less than 8-9K that you would pay otherwise.
Old 12th October 2012, 09:10   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP
Does your Mom know about this? If not, please do that.
The damage is on 2 panels. I would suggest, take the car to authorized service center and get the job done under insurance. Since there are no rubber/plastic parts involved in the damage, most likely the insurance would cover the whole amount. So it does not matter what is the amount the service center charges. If at all, you might end up paying ~2,000 Rs. The paint job would be top notch.

Any NCB on the insurance policy would be gone next year, but for a decently old car (assuming that the corolla is 4-5 years old), the financial-dent would be significantly less than 8-9K that you would pay otherwise.
Thanks SDP. Yes my mother does know about it. Exactly what I wanted to know if the insurance is the right way to go or getting it done outside. I have driven the vehicle to work today since I thought of giving it to the the workshop after work. You're suggesting I go for the insurance but on the other hand I want to take responsibility and get it fixed by myself. I really am confused about which route to take. Shall I go take a quote anyway and then decide future course of action.

I would need your inputs on this. I clicked a couple of pictures in the morning to give you guys a better idea. The door is jammed because of the damage.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121012_090957.png
Views: 1874
Size:  390.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20121012_091017.png
Views: 1864
Size:  350.1 KB
Old 12th October 2012, 10:09   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Thanks SDP. Yes my mother does know about it. Exactly wh------------------SNIP--------------ive you guys a better idea. The door is jammed because of the damage.

Your A.S . will not repair this.
They will replace it, and then your part of the claim will be much bigger than 8.5k.
You could try somewhere outside, but make sure that the paint shop is an enclosed one, or at least has a roof.
Take it to khan market, that has one of the lesser dusty regions where painting is done.
Old 12th October 2012, 17:10   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk

Your A.S . will not repair this.
They will replace it, and then your part of the claim will be much bigger than 8.5k.
You could try somewhere outside, but make sure that the paint shop is an enclosed one, or at least has a roof.
Take it to khan market, that has one of the lesser dusty regions where painting is done.
Thanks a ton, brother. Thought of calling you last night for advise but had enough confidence in KJA. He has a dedicated thread by @S.I.N
G.H on the forum and my Beat came out rather well. Even though the area isn't the best his previous results have been good. He finally asked for 8k for repairs and will do a few things along like vaccuming complimentary. No way Im going to A.S.S simply can't afford the expenses.
Old 12th October 2012, 17:36   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
2> Try to learn the language of the state where you live and also of surrounding states if you are in South India.
I would like to say that it is not of much use when your vocal tone makes it evident that you are an outsider.

I had accident in northern Karnataka (near Ranebennur). I was cruising at a happy 90-100 kmph speed and suddenly an Indica joined the main road from the left and stopped in my lane. It wanted to take a right by going over the broken median. I tried my best to avoid it, but ended up hitting my car's right front side to his right rear fender.

Police blamed me for not driving cautiously. They said I was the one to crash, so I am responsible. Everyone supported the dumbass who had no clue about the differences between a village road and a national highway. I am Kannadiga, but the only time it helped was, in understanding what was written in FIR.

I had to plead guilty in court just to get out of that mess (after six months). I paid 800 Rs fine. As advised by my lawyer (who I had to hire there), I did not carry my licence to the court. Luckily, they did not ask for it to make any entry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks