Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 13:29   #15046
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
Anybody knows what is going on with Koramangala's internal roads ? I know about the flyover work from Hosur road to Domlur, but what exactly are they digging for in all the pocket roads ?
Its so messed up these days to drive, ride or even walk in Koramangala's internal roads.
In addition they have started the white-topping of the road that leads to the National Games Village. Adds to chaos.
Old 5th December 2017, 14:22   #15047
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
I know about the flyover work from Hosur road to Domlur, but what exactly are they digging for in all the pocket roads ?
That would be a really long flyover indeed and pass right above the Intermediate/Inner Ring Road. I don't think the plan is that ambitious though, from what I read, it will just connect the junctions between the Indian Institute of Astrophysics/Koramangala water tank and Ejipura effectively making the Indiranagar and Hosur Road section signal free.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 12:22   #15048
Team-BHP Support

Either they've suddenly found a conscience, or there are serious targets to meet.

The streets are crawlig with traffic cops.
Old 6th December 2017, 15:08   #15049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Either they've suddenly found a conscience, or there are serious targets to meet.

THIS! They're literally everywhere. Even a car double-parked with the driver inside is being fined! Seen it happen multiple times near the HDFC ATM on Millers' Road.
Old 6th December 2017, 21:12   #15050
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know the current status of white topping of roads on the Brigade Road - Silk Board junction stretch?

Leaving from Richmond circle area tomorrow at 5 am so wanted to know if there would be blocks / diversions early morning.
Old 6th December 2017, 21:27   #15051
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Does anyone know the current status of white topping of roads on the Brigade Road - Silk Board junction stretch?

Leaving from Richmond circle area tomorrow at 5 am so wanted to know if there would be blocks / diversions early morning.
No diversions. Work starts almost from the point where Road forks out for Bannerghatta road (Anepalya) all the way to St. John's Junction.

It's almost 1.5 lanes from Adugodi Police station till Forum Signal. Then from Forum Signal to St. John's you are diverted onto the service road.

I passed this today morning at 0645 on my way to work and it was flowing without much issues because the road here is not blocked but only made narrower because of the work in progress.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 08:16   #15052
Senior - BHPian

As I had sort of anticipated the entire stretch undergoing white topping was completely blocked and there were diversions. At 5 am all vehicles were using the right side of the road while going towards Silk Board.

Don't know if they will open the stretch during daytime.

It would be better for those traveling on this stretch to look at alternate roads or anticipate delay in travel.
Old 7th December 2017, 10:20   #15053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshanker View Post
THIS! They're literally everywhere. Even a car double-parked with the driver inside is being fined! Seen it happen multiple times near the HDFC ATM on Millers' Road.
Because of so much policing, Bengaluru police have achieved their own 100cr story. According to this article in TOI, BTP have collected 102cr in fine until Nov 2017. A whopping 92.15 lakh cases were booked during this year and wrong parking is the one which accounts for the highest offenders.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-cases.jpg
Old 7th December 2017, 10:34   #15054
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Don't know if they will open the stretch during daytime.
Well, from my own experience of driving to work at least once a week, and passing this section around 0645, I have seen the status quo; the side where work is on progress is open for traffic amid little chaos due to office buses heading to EC. The only diversion I have seen is after Forum signal. May be they close down these lanes totally at night and divert traffic on the other corridor.
Quote:
It would be better for those traveling on this stretch to look at alternate roads or anticipate delay in travel.
I also recollect passing this after 0730 with a colleague and it was really bad with the same state , no diversions onto other side.

There are many who divert to take Lalbagh NIMHANS to avoid this if driving after 8.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 11:03   #15055
Senior - BHPian

Nowadays I receive so many Whatsapp forwards ridiculing the state of Bangalore traffic and roads. I guess the onground situation is really bad despite Bangalore having built so many flyovers, wider roads compared to Chennai.
Old 7th December 2017, 11:17   #15056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
~~~~despite Bangalore having built so many flyovers, wider roads compared to Chennai.
I don't think Bangalore has more flyovers or wider roads than Chennai. In fact, Bangalore had been, for a fairly long time, a cantonment It was only after the IT boom, in the 1990s, that it has encountered very rapid and unsustainable growth.
Old 7th December 2017, 11:43   #15057
BHPian

Thanks to the white topping on the ORR stretch between Hebbal and Tin Factory (not sure which exact stretches, since I spend, on average, 12 minutes on it), I've been forced to go through Cox Town and surrounding areas to get from my place six kilometers north of MTP to Indiranagar.

Yesterday was pretty bad. I was driving home with a horrid cough and a 100 degree fever and there was checking for drunk driving on 100 ft road at 10pm. I told the cop to hold on and let me finish coughing before I spread the germs. He wasn't happy.

Regardless, on my way back on ORR toward Hebbal from OMR, I just took a look at the reverse direction and there was bumper to bumper traffic with barely anyone moving. I used to consider the ORR one of the fastest ways to get around the city (within its limitations of course), second to the NICE road, which I used probably twice so far in the past 2.5 years and this white-topping has really caused quite an inconvenience for me. There are other roads in Bangalore to "fix". Why can't they just do the works there instead of giving some unhelpful alternates while they fix what is pretty much a perfectly good road?

Yes yes, I know the stretch from Tin Factory to Marathahalli and beyond is pretty bad too, but personally, I haven't experienced horrid traffic there. Might be because of the times I choose to go to HSR/Varthur.

And my rant is done.
Old 7th December 2017, 12:17   #15058
BHPian

Rs 100 crore and counting! And people were wondering why so many cops on the street.

Most cases are against 2 wheel vehicles.

22% of the cases are for incorrect parking.

37% are for riding 2 wheeler without helmet. Rider/pillion break up of 20% and 17%.

I wish they caught as many riding/driving in the wrong direction.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fines.jpg
OrangeCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 12:28   #15059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
Most cases are against 2 wheel vehicles.
Makes sense, as two-wheeler is the most common vehicle class in Bangalore.

To put these numbers in perspective:

57L violations by approx. 48L two-wheelers = 1.2 v/v.
17L violations by approx. 13L cars = 1.3 v/v.
6.75L violations by approx. 2.25L autos = 3 v/v. :-)

So now we know who the real baddies are.

And keep in mind that the helmet violation is two-wheeler specific.
Old 7th December 2017, 14:00   #15060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post

I wish they caught as many riding/driving in the wrong direction.
New BEL road near fresh world supermarket has those people driving. They drive in one way as if it's their right of way , have seen cars and bikes doing same. All this to save 600 metres U turn and a signal.

Cops can't man it 24x7 , people have to change their mind set .

Last edited by mjumrani : 7th December 2017 at 14:01. Reason: Typo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks