Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 14:00   #1516
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
" Huge Traffic Jam on Hosur Rd caused due to fight b/w traffic cop & cab driver. Tyres burnt! Road Blocked!
Make sure you take other route to reach home safe, if u r travelling by this route.. "
So a cab driver couldnt listen to a cop.

First it was a lowly scum of an Autorickshaw driver breaking the one way rule on MG Road and holding the city for ransom and now this.

Only in Bangalore.
Old 16th June 2010, 14:04   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Got this in a mail ,
" Huge Traffic Jam on Hosur Rd caused due to fight b/w traffic cop & cab driver. Tyres burnt! Road Blocked!
Make sure you take other route to reach home safe, if u r travelling by this route.. "

So this might be the reason

I got caught for speeding on ORR today (for doing 71 in a 60)
Maybe i should have gathered all the IT people in that area and burnt a computer to avoid the fine.
Old 16th June 2010, 14:07   #1518
BHPian

I was stuck at Singasandra from 9 am to 10 am this morning. Was commuting to E-city. Saw some ash from which smoke was emitting exactly at Hosa Rd junction - couldn't make out anything since the ash pretty much was flat - may be a burnt effigy
Old 16th June 2010, 14:31   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
So a cab driver couldnt listen to a cop.

First it was a lowly scum of an Autorickshaw driver breaking the one way rule on MG Road and holding the city for ransom and now this.

Only in Bangalore.
If it happened in Kolkata, there would have been a BANDH tomorrow to protest against Police atrocities !

In India, law can be enforced if and only if doing so doesn't disturb law-and-order situation. Did the cop know that ?
Old 16th June 2010, 14:45   #1520
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
If it happened in Kolkata, there would have been a BANDH tomorrow to protest against Police atrocities !
If it could have happened in SANDAKILO, there could have been ethnic cleansing.

So?

Quote:
In India, law can be enforced if and only if doing so doesn't disturb law-and-order situation. Did the cop know that ?
Yes most cops and politicians know that - recent case of one Mr Anderson and a city called Bhopal.

And no thats not what it is.

Enforcing a traffic fine will create a law and order situation?? We are living in an anarchy?

Like you corroborated, only in Bangalore.
Old 16th June 2010, 15:06   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Enforcing a traffic fine will create a law and order situation?? We are living in an anarchy?

Like you corroborated, only in Bangalore.

No, it is not only in Bangalore. It is all across India. Law is equal for everyone in India but its enforcement is not. Enforcement depends on target's ability to create a chaos - the chaos can be political, economical or law&order.

If traffic fine could be enforced, our country could have done away with Income Taxes. The reason Income Tax is enforced and traffic fine is not is the fact that most IT payers don't create law&order problems when asked to pay up while on the other hand most "regular" traffic violators often create law&order problems when caught.
Old 16th June 2010, 15:08   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

I got caught for speeding on ORR today (for doing 71 in a 60)
Maybe i should have gathered all the IT people in that area and burnt a computer to avoid the fine.
Was this at the straight stretch of road before the Nagwara road junction?

An interceptor is always standing there, and its very very easy to exceed speed limit there no matter how light you are on the pedal.

Looks like today was "Jam" day. Jams on two lifelines i.e. ORR and Hosur road and mostly a mess created by the cops. And I think the cops should have been able to control the mess on Hosur road.

Last edited by praful : 16th June 2010 at 15:10.
Old 16th June 2010, 16:27   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Was this at the straight stretch of road before the Nagwara road junction?

An interceptor is always standing there, and its very very easy to exceed speed limit there no matter how light you are on the pedal.
Exactly.
I had gone to KFC for lunch. One expensive meal it turned out to be in the end.
Old 16th June 2010, 17:07   #1524
Senior - BHPian

On a two way road, noticed a town bus on the other side, with indicator, waiting to make a turn. There was a traffic building up behind that guy and also noticed that behind me there was a huge line of vehicles, meaning that he will be stuck there for quite some time.

Slowed down and waved hand to the drive to make the turn. Bugger instead asks me to keep going. There we are, both of us asking each other to go. 2 second thought and I go ahead. When I looked at him as I was crossing he was scolding me!!! What the!!!

The last I saw in the RVM, he was trying to force his way across.

Guess some people never want to lose the fun of being a fruit cake!
Old 16th June 2010, 22:07   #1525
Team-BHP Support

HW, many a time i stop to allow a person to take a U-turn. Since this is against the norm around here, a lot of motorists respond in shock! Some recover and then proceed with the turn, while some wave a thank-you. The latter surely make your day.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:21   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
HW, many a time i stop to allow a person to take a U-turn. Since this is against the norm around here, a lot of motorists respond in shock! Some recover and then proceed with the turn, while some wave a thank-you. The latter surely make your day.
Ha. Even I do that at times and instead I get numerous honks from behind. The cab drivers and BMTC drivers should be paraded on the streets for the way they drive with absolutely no regards to the traffic rules.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:46   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... while some wave a thank-you. The latter surely make your day.
Spot on, Ben!

When you do something to help someone out, on the road, and they acknowledge, it definitely is a very good motivator!
Old 16th June 2010, 22:49   #1528
Senior - BHPian

You bet, here too if you give others the way, they will acknowledge with a wave and smile. Certainly makes your day.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 16th June 2010 at 22:53.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:51   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Spot on, Ben!

When you do something to help someone out, on the road, and they acknowledge, it definitely is a very good motivator!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
You bet, here too if you give the others way, they will acknowledge with a wave and smile. Certainly makes your day.
Reminded me of an old thread I had started on the same thing a while back
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...wave-guys.html
The best part is that even after so long I still do the same thing and I still get all sorts of expressions.
Old 17th June 2010, 10:33   #1530
Senior - BHPian

No, this is not a shot taken using a wide angle lens. The bus is at that angle to the road because the driver is trying to go down the wrong side, irrespective of the fact that there is traffic coming from the opposite direction.
The white line you see on the road is the one that divides the road into two.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bus.jpg

Most Viewed