Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2018, 07:46   #15676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyjee View Post
The toll collection has started on the KIAL highway while coming from the city, saw heavy deployment of police while going to airport this morning.
Had gone to the airport on Saturday morning (8:30 AM bus from HAL). Here is what I observed:
  • The original 18 lanes are now divided 12 for northbound (towards Hyderabad/KIAL) traffic + 6 for southbound (towards Bangalore) traffic.
  • Of these, the 4 lanes touching the road median (2 in each direction) are only for Hyderabad-bound (or returning) traffic.
  • Yet, the temporary separators they have installed have been moved around so that there is access towards Hyderabad even from the airport-bound lanes.
There are a further 4 temporary toll collection points accessible from the left-most lane, a short distance ahead of the main complex towards the airport.

Couldn't see what happened to the toll booths under the ramp towards the airport.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 18:56   #15677
Distinguished - BHPian

Shoo away with a shoe: BTP's new weapon!

https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/bengalu...-viral-1844950
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 18:11   #15678
Distinguished - BHPian

Torrential rain and very windy in Yelahanka & Mathikere areas. Lot of tree falls in former plus election meetings everywhere.

Drive safe!
Old 3rd May 2018, 07:38   #15679
BHPian

Accident Update.

A cab has rammed into a BMTC bus causing major block on the ORR. The site of the accident is just as we come down from the Intel Flyover, going towards Marathahalli. The queue of vehicles had already reached till Ecospace.
Some smart cab drivers and tempo travelers took this opportunity to drive on the wrong side in the service lane causing it to jam as well.

Please check the maps before your commute to ensure you know the latest status.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-accident.jpg

Last edited by drive2eternity : 3rd May 2018 at 07:43.
drive2eternity is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 09:02   #15680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
A cab has rammed into a BMTC bus causing major block on the ORR. The site of the accident is just as we come down from the Intel Flyover, going towards Marathahalli. The queue of vehicles had already reached till Ecospace.
Some smart cab drivers and tempo travelers took this opportunity to drive on the wrong side in the service lane causing it to jam as well.

Please check the maps before your commute to ensure you know the latest status.
UPDATE:

We passed the area at around 07:55. It took us almost 15 minutes to cover the distance from EcoSpace till the foot of the flyover. Since we were in the middle lane, flanked by BMTC buses on either side, couldn't see anything on the sides. But there was a bus parked near the bus stop.

The traffic was coming back to normal on this stretch but the other side, towards Iblur, was getting congested as we passed the spot.
Old 5th May 2018, 15:01   #15681
Distinguished - BHPian

Retard in a KUV1OO masquerading as a Bangalore Police vehicle. Even the auto driver next to me was sniggering
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-whatsapp-image-20180505-2.59.16-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 5th May 2018 at 15:04.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2018, 15:34   #15682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Retard in a KUV1OO masquerading as a Bangalore Police vehicle. Even the auto driver next to me was sniggering
Although off topic in this thread, could you please tell as to what prompted you to call that man a retard for writing POLITE very clearly on the windshield? Or, was he doing something / pretending like a policeman?
dailydriver is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2018, 18:44   #15683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Although off topic in this thread, could you please tell as to what prompted you to call that man a retard for writing POLITE very clearly on the windshield? Or, was he doing something / pretending like a policeman?
Unless there is some deep thought process in play which I have totally missed, the owner is hoping to pass off as a Bengaluru Police vehicle.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 12:34   #15684
Senior - BHPian

For guys who were using the Bannerghatta Road >>Vijaya Bank Layout>>Duo Layout >> Begur Road >>Manipal county Road to enter towards Electronics City, this is now blocked out in the direction towards Electronics City due to Metro Construction.

Is there any alternative to bypass the Manipal County Road and still connect into Hosur Road by some alternative route nearby?
Old 7th May 2018, 12:56   #15685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
For guys who were using the Bannerghatta Road >>Vijaya Bank Layout>>Duo Layout >> Begur Road >>Manipal county Road to enter towards Electronics City, this is now blocked out in the direction towards Electronics City due to Metro Construction.

Is there any alternative to bypass the Manipal County Road and still connect into Hosur Road by some alternative route nearby?
Take the straight road at the Star bazaar junction, instead of taking the right towards Manipal County road, and just follow the flow of traffic - this leads to Kudlu gate junction, but let me warn you - Kudlu junction is another traffic nightmare.

Due to the metro construction, getting in and out of singasandra area is a nightmare now

--Anoop
Old 9th May 2018, 00:41   #15686
BHPian

I use the NICE road to reach electronic city. After exiting the toll i used to take the left turn and not climb the up ramp. At White Feather i used to take a Right turn which leads up to Electronic City entrance. This was using the service road. Today when i reached the point the have blocked the service road and you need to take a left and come onto the main road. Drive down to the Jail road signal and take a U-turn. This costed me around 20 mins extra. I have not used the ramp so not sure where it exists.
Any pointers.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-one-white-feather.jpg  

Old 9th May 2018, 10:14   #15687
BHPian

Heard that BJP president Amit Shah is on visit to Bangalore and may be going around some parts of Outer ring road. Does anyone know specific areas and time? I am expecting traffic jams wherever he visits and want to plan leaving office accordingly. Thanks in advance!
Old 9th May 2018, 10:19   #15688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Heard that BJP president Amit Shah is on visit to Bangalore and may be going around some parts of Outer ring road. Does anyone know specific areas and time? I am expecting traffic jams wherever he visits and want to plan leaving office accordingly. Thanks in advance!
This is what i received as a forward.

Please note the timings for traffic issues:
Hi All,

"Amit Shah is coming to Bellandur Venkateshwara Temple tomorrow 9th May at 5:30pm.*

5:00pm visit temple
5:30pm - address and meet Bellandur residents in front of temple
6:00pm - rally in Bellandur village
6:30 to 7:00 - road rally from Bellandur to marathalli
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 10:21   #15689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I use the NICE road to reach electronic city.
Please dont get into the White feather service road. Instead, climb the Hosur road ramp and at the very end of it, take a right U turn again into PES college service road. Through this you can join the Hosur road and eventually take a right turn into EC.

Quote:
Heard that BJP president Amit Shah is on visit to Bangalore ...
His rally would start by 6pm from Gopalaswami temple of Bellandur to Vibgyor School road via Devarabeesanahalli, Marathalli bridge and Kundalahall junction.
Source: Whatsapp.
autospeaker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 10:36   #15690
BHPian

Quote:
This may probably help.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180509wa0035.jpg  

swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed