Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2018, 09:48   #16021
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Brace yourself people, more white topping coming our way.
Attachment 1794223
If someone can please stop this menace of spilling concrete all over the road, I would be grateful to them. The existing work needs a lot more to be desired both in terms of quality as well as execution time. Just like the steel flyover project, I wonder why no one is complaining against this one. The costs of white topping are not justified IMO. Milling down the existing road and laying a good coat of asphalt will be far more quicker and cheaper.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 09:58   #16022
Senior - BHPian

Madhavan Park to Hosur Road, via Ashoka Pillar and Siddapura road

This entire stretch has no issues with respect to water logging, traffic snarls, or jams. And yet, these so called BBMP morons want to mess with it.

Just like many other stuffs that the 'WHITE MONEY' peoples' taxes are wasted..

..another 650 crores down the drain!!
Vik0728 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 10:05   #16023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If someone can please stop this menace of spilling concrete all over the road, I would be grateful to them. The existing work needs a lot more to be desired both in terms of quality as well as execution time. Just like the steel flyover project, I wonder why no one is complaining against this one. The costs of white topping are not justified IMO. Milling down the existing road and laying a good coat of asphalt will be far more quicker and cheaper.
One more excuse to mint money. I read somewhere that even waste plastic can be used in laying tar road. Correct me if I am wrong. If Yes, that would be most economical way to address the bad roads in Bangalore. The fact that the govt is touching the well maintained roads points out to a major scam ahead.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 10:24   #16024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If someone can please stop this menace of spilling concrete all over the road, I would be grateful to them.
Also this 6-inch thick concrete layer doesn't allow water seepage into the earth too. But who cares!!!
Quote:
The existing work needs a lot more to be desired both in terms of quality as well as execution time.
True, the edges of the road, the way it joins the footpaths and drains, the intersection with other roads are all done so badly!! And After a couple of years when the surface becomes smoother and when it rains I shudder to think how many vehicles will skid and fall down
Quote:
Just like the steel flyover project, I wonder why no one is complaining against this one.
In fact, because the steel flyover project had to be shelved, the politicians found this method of minting money.
Quote:
The costs of white topping are not justified IMO. Milling down the existing road and laying a good coat of asphalt will be far more quicker and cheaper.
But the hopeless corrupt politicians can fill more money into their personal coffers by white-topping (angry emoticon not available in TBHP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Madhavan Park to Hosur Road, via Ashoka Pillar and Siddapura road

This entire stretch has no issues with respect to water logging, traffic snarls, or jams. And yet, these so called BBMP morons want to mess with it.
So was the Krishnarao park to Lalbagh road.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 10:34   #16025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
One more excuse to mint money. I read somewhere that even waste plastic can be used in laying tar road. Correct me if I am wrong. If Yes, that would be most economical way to address the bad roads in Bangalore. The fact that the govt is touching the well maintained roads points out to a major scam ahead.
Yes, some highways AFAIK have used waste plastic blended with tar. That is innovation, which the BBMP lacks. If only the BBMP was sincere and practical, they have a lot of other solutions or rather a lot of other problems to tackle. So many roads dont have a consistent size, filled with potholes and intersections are poorly planned. Instead, they want to white top roads which are already in good condition like Madhavan park to Ashoka pillar, Gandhi Bazaar road etc.
Old 29th August 2018, 12:28   #16026
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, some highways AFAIK have used waste plastic blended with tar. That is innovation, which the BBMP lacks. If only the BBMP was sincere and practical, they have a lot of other solutions or rather a lot of other problems to tackle. So many roads dont have a consistent size, filled with potholes and intersections are poorly planned. Instead, they want to white top roads which are already in good condition like Madhavan park to Ashoka pillar, Gandhi Bazaar road etc.
Now to understand how plastic can be blended with tar, they will undertake a trip to Europe. We should be careful not to give them ideas .

Anyone has any idea if the white coloring of roads has started from Hebbal to Hennur as announced earlier?
Old 29th August 2018, 12:35   #16027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Now to understand how plastic can be blended with tar, they will undertake a trip to Europe. We should be careful not to give them ideas .
Remember they made a trip to UK before they started to implement what we call Tragic [Magic] Boxes?

Poor fellows didn't realise that Bellary Road sees only outgoing bus traffic post 8PM and how difficult it would be for them to maneuver that nasty turn with a monstrous bus.
Quote:
Anyone has any idea if the white coloring of roads has started from Hebbal to Hennur as announced earlier?
Even I am curious to know. But what I can certainly tell is that every road from Airport (KIAL) side connecting ORR between Hebbal and Hennur has now got BBMP Flex signs tagged to barricades asking commuters to take these routes to reach ORR.

For example, there is one at Jakkur, One at Amruthalli and one more before Godrej apartments along Bellary road. This is since the last 3-4 days at least.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 14:37   #16028

Quote:

It has not started as of today. I did see some digging just after the BMTC depot entrance. Perhaps they are widening it before closing the Hebbal - Nagawara stretch. However, the road in this stretch has deteriorated quite badly in the last one month.
Old 30th August 2018, 21:33   #16029
BHPian

Major update for Manyata employees and North Bangalore residents. This was sent by my wife's organisation which is in Manyata.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180830wa0056.jpg
Added_flavor is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 22:15   #16030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, some highways AFAIK have used waste plastic blended with tar. That is innovation, which the BBMP lacks..

Might come as a surprise to many of you, but for people living in Bangalore for ages, this isn't new. Bangalore was the first city in the country to build roads with plastic mixed with bitumen. I think the GPO road near Vidhanasouda till the Rajbhavan was done with this, but then it was never repeated.

BBMP was not always behind money, they did try some new stuff much before all this madness started.
Old 31st August 2018, 13:37   #16031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Major update for Manyata employees and North Bangalore residents. This was sent by my wife's organisation which is in Manyata.

Attachment 1794689
This needs to be done for all big Techparks on the ORR (Ecospace, etc)
Old 31st August 2018, 16:36   #16032
BHPian

Quick update on white topping from Hebbal to Hennur section on ORR. They seem to have started preliminary preparation. They had blocked the entire section of the main road from Hebbal flyover to Manyata and diverted the entire traffic onto the service road. The traffic was blocked up all the way to the flyover and beyond from Manyata.
Old 3rd September 2018, 10:16   #16033
Distinguished - BHPian

So once again, Bangalore, possibly the most productive (non-agro) part of Karnataka and possibly the only reason why Karnataka is even acknowledged on the map.. is suffering from a no-agenda, invisible government.

The number one problem with Bangalore is roads due congestion and poor planning. What has been added to this massive mess in the past one year is zero-maintenance of roads, huge potholes and vehicle-swallowing craters in front of every signal junction and endless digging, pipe laying and drainage construction.

I feel horrified every time I visit HSR layout when going to EC or BTM. Easily it is one of the worst areas to live in, in Bangalore. The roads have been destroyed beyond belief, every gully has been dug up for laying huge water pipes and mountains have been created over them.. literal mountains. The street lighting is non-existent, mosquitoes are so many that they will kill if you're out in the open after dark. It is shocking to me why the rates are so high in HSR, I wouldn't peg the prices at more than Rs.5k a sq.ft there.

Lets now bury our heads in the proverbial sand and discuss what a rapidly growing economy we're a part of, today.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 12:16   #16034
Senior - BHPian

Looks like it is going to start.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180903wa0001.jpg
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 12:27   #16035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Looks like it is going to start.

Attachment 1795409
Yep. "Meeting with Namma Metro authorities held on 29th August, 2018". The clairvoyant people of Team BHP knew about this meeting three weeks in advance and managed to post here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4439631 (Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4440375 (Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation)
binand is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks