Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2018, 18:27   #16471
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
After the BBMP took up the signal free overpass project from Kendriya Sadan to Ejipura traffic is a mess.
While the flyover work progress on IRR, its the 80Feet road which has worst traffic I guess. Today morning was stuck from around 11.25 for around an hour in a cab. It took an hour to cross distance of one KM from 7th cross junction to Sony world signal.
Old 4th December 2018, 19:05   #16472
BHPian

White topping work has started from Hennur to Manyata on one half of the road for half the distance leading up to the Nagavara flyover.

Of course, most vehicles try and squeeze on to the service road and this slows down the traffic. But if all of them just continue on the main road, there will actually be lesser congestion .
Old 4th December 2018, 19:16   #16473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
While the flyover work progress on IRR, its the 80Feet road which has worst traffic I guess. Today morning was stuck from around 11.25 for around an hour in a cab. It took an hour to cross distance of one KM from 7th cross junction to Sony world signal.
It is the same everywhere, 80ft, 7th Cross, 8th Main all the roads leading to IRR are choc-a-block from 8.30am onwards. Once on this side of Koramangala there is no way out. Somehow return journey from 6th Block to 1st Block isn't that bad.

They started all the flyovers at the same time but unable to finish any section, I also do not see any work during the day. Hope they are working during the night.
Old 4th December 2018, 19:52   #16474
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I
I also feel the traffic sense in ORR is bad compared to the city route. Sad part is many of the educated IT folks are worse than auto wallas when it comes to flouting one way rules.
Absolutely. The so called intelligent and educated people (whether IT or general working people is a moot point here) are the ones who create the maximum chaos. Mostly the motorbikes and unruly single occupant cars. Add to the mix the wicked Autos and cab drivers who are always in a hurry and you have a recipe for zero peace of mind while driving, along with absolute mayhem during most hours on most roads. I wonder why our super brilliant government takes up all the work at the same time.
In Bangalore particularly, I find that all these public works people never seem to start any work before 1030-11am and even then, they do the work in dribs and drabs. And they dont work at night! Amazing unproductive, lazy devils.
(See pics attached, from Asterix!)
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-50675377d7cf4cb08e397864f36696d0.jpeg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-2745bbb6564e4b2da2b967bb7b7fd3ec.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 08:03   #16475
BHPian

Traffic Jam alert - Expect severe delays from Carmelaram to ORR via Doddakanelli road and Sarjapur Road. Sudden rains has caused the already pathetic roads to be even more pathetic. Hence the jam.
sairamboko is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 09:05   #16476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
That's another unique thing about Sarjapur Road. These tons of schools make what are typically non peak hours in most other areas a traffic filled sea of yellow on Sarjapur road. Morning 7-8am , afternoon 12-1 and evening 3-4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Oh yeah. There are about 20-25 schools along Sarjapur Road and off it. With large bus fleets (my kids' has a fleet of 150+, for example). With classes starting at around 8.30 AM or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- The Sarjapur road traffic.

While the first is well known, and you can beat that by being early, the second one is a bigger problem. Even if you try to reach early, the time around 8 is all about school bus menace past Columbia Asia past toward Sarjapur. ...
Sarjapura Road and the roads leading to this stretch - Haralur Road, Hosa Road, Doddakanalli Road, etc., see more or less peak-hour traffic during the whole day. School buses start their morning pick up trips by 7, so there will be quite a lot of them on every stretch one can think of. These days, many of them are full length buses which by themselves cause snarls on the narrow roads, compounded by frequent stops to pick up and drop kids.

When this mess is almost over, say around 9, the office goer traffic picks up - all those moms and dads who were busy helping their kids board the school buses or dropping kids to school, now head out to work. By the time this rush gets over, it's time for the first batch of kids to be dropped back home, at around noon time - the school buses are out again. 2 o'clock to perhaps 4 o'clock is a rather free slot, but soon the next set of school bus trips start. Followed by the actual peak traffic. Late evenings also see a significant rise in number of food delivery trips - these blokes ride like bats out of caves, partly because of the demanding customers.

To top it off, there's hardly any asphalt, after the roads were dug up for various reasons. Even if the roads are empty, one can only crawl, causing traffic to build up. Compounded by the very many U-turns and haphazard parking, this area is always a nightmare.
silversteed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 13:27   #16477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Traffic Jam alert - Expect severe delays from Carmelaram to ORR via Doddakanelli road and Sarjapur Road. Sudden rains has caused the already pathetic roads to be even more pathetic. Hence the jam.
Thanks for this alert. Got few more local updates that all of Sarjapur road and the back roads are blocked. Hence did not take out any vehicle. Had to get to office so set out on foot hoping to get a Yulu. Walked past the worst of traffic and found a Yulu.

State of road at the junction of the Ecoworld/Adarsh Road and doddakanahalli panathur road.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20181205_131927_016.jpg

While I was walking on a side road, noticed that it had been dug across with no way for a vehicle to pass. One desperate bike guy trying to beat the traffic actually thought he could go into the dug up pit and come out with a Bajaj CT 100. Got stuck inside the pit with his bike. Couple of people had to help him pull it out.
Rajeevraj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 13:35   #16478
Senior - BHPian

What is with this horrible traffic at ORR near Intel flyover towards Bellandur. Hell of a jam everyday from 8 AM on wards. All because of the traffic which wants to get on to the service road comes on to the middle lane. Vehicles which has to go straight on to the flyover are stuck in this jam. There looks to be absolutely no action taken so far to curb this. Not sure how long it will continue.

I think it might reduce if those vehicles get on to the service much ahead of this fly over entrance or even go to service road right from the Panathur bridge.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 13:40   #16479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
State of road at the junction of the Ecoworld/Adarsh Road and doddakanahalli panathur road.
Just wow ! Rain Forest Challenge (RFC) is now passe' . We need to have CJC - Concrete Jungle Challenge now!

I would hardly comment on traffic from these areas as I had lost touch since many years but since I made recent trips to here at peak hours, I was once also asked to take the road besides Wells Fargo and then approach Ecoworld from the back gate. Man, its a mess and its the same even at noon!
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 14:06   #16480
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this alert. Got few more local updates that all of Sarjapur road and the back roads are blocked.
I came to log the ordeal and i see already few posts talking about this.
Saw 3 different incidents of bikers falling down at different section today morning in these roads and i wonder whats running in bbmp mind by taking the work in almost all roads in and around sarjapur road and never bothered to fix anyone.

The condition of Jail road is in same pathetic state for more than 6 months.

Do we ve option to file a case and get our road tax back?
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 14:08   #16481
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this alert. Got few more local updates that all of Sarjapur road and the back roads are blocked. Hence did not take out any vehicle. Had to get to office so set out on foot hoping to get a Yulu. Walked past the worst of traffic and found a Yulu.

My son who started to school at 7:25am today, reached his school at 9:45am only!! Mere 6kms from Carmelaram to panathur!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Just wow ! Rain Forest Challenge (RFC) is now passe' . We need to have CJC - Concrete Jungle Challenge now!

I would hardly comment on traffic from these areas as I had lost touch since many years but since I made recent trips to here at peak hours, I was once also asked to take the road besides Wells Fargo and then approach Ecoworld from the back gate. Man, its a mess and its the same even at noon!
This is the same road i take daily from Carmelaram to Wells Fargo! Out of 2 lanes, one lane doesnt exist! Dust storm always! Not sure how people live in this area with the continuous dust from the non existent roads!!
sairamboko is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 15:35   #16482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My week-long meetings at Sarjapur Road was changed to their MG Road office as everyone turned up late
itwasntme is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 15:40   #16483
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got a notification over company mail that the road towards Kanahalli (where is that?) from RMZ EcoWorld has been "closed because of last night's rain". I assume that is the road out of the rear side of RMZ EcoWorld. No wonder there's been a jam here since noon. (I work at EcoWorld.)

What?! I thought we got like 10 minutes of rain last night! What did we get 1-2mm of rain?! And that's enough to ruin the road? I thought they did up that road a few months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
My week-long meetings at Sarjapur Road was changed to their MG Road office as everyone turned up late
At least some organizations are showing some sense! Hope more companies follow suit and get the heck out of this accursed ORR area! (especially mine. )

Last edited by am1m : 5th December 2018 at 15:43.
Old 5th December 2018, 15:52   #16484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Just got a notification over company mail that the road towards Kanahalli (where is that?) from RMZ EcoWorld has been "closed because of last night's rain". I assume that is the road out of the rear side of RMZ EcoWorld. No wonder there's been a jam here since noon. (I work at EcoWorld.)
That is the one I posted couple of posts above. The road that goes towards the back from Ecoworld and joins the Sarjapur Road-ORR backside road. The start point of this road on Sarjapur Road is called Doddakanahalli or Kannalli for short.

As they have been doing all over the area, they dug up the road at this junction a couple of days back and instead of filling it and atleast leveling it a bit, they just dumped the mud back after putting the pipes.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 16:22   #16485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
What is with this horrible traffic at ORR near Intel flyover towards Bellandur. Hell of a jam everyday from 8 AM on wards. All because of the traffic which wants to get on to the service road comes on to the middle lane. Vehicles which has to go straight on to the flyover are stuck in this jam. There looks to be absolutely no action taken so far to curb this. Not sure how long it will continue.

I think it might reduce if those vehicles get on to the service much ahead of this fly over entrance or even go to service road right from the Panathur bridge.
It'd only move the bottleneck from one place to another. People that want to get on to the service road would still move to the middle and right lanes blocking the ones who want to go straight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks