Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 11:56   #1651
BHPian

The locations of the dent are:
1. Left rear door just below the handle
2. Right rear bumper just where it joins the fender

Let me try my luck that too with ICICI Lombard folks.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:59   #1652
BHPian

I feel that the chances are low.
Anyways, try your luck. Wish you all the best.
Old 7th July 2010, 12:03   #1653
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Now my question:
Along with today's dent, there is also one more dent happened 6months back by a biker. Not done any thing on that.

With this, can i claim insurance for both today's dent and 6months old dent?
Is the older dent around the same region as the new one? If not, then the insurance surveyor will not entertain this as part of the current claim, and another claim has to be raised for the same.

If they are around the same region, you will need to mention that this was also from the current incident.
Old 7th July 2010, 13:10   #1654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Let me try my luck that too with ICICI Lombard folks.
All the best with your claims though chances are bleak of getting the old one repaired with a single claim since its on 2 different sides. Specially with the ICICI folks.
Old 8th July 2010, 00:45   #1655
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Is the older dent around the same region as the new one? If not, then the insurance surveyor will not entertain this as part of the current claim, and another claim has to be raised for the same.

If they are around the same region, you will need to mention that this was also from the current incident.
In addition, if the old one has paint off and there is some amount of rust then you can't claim insurance.
Old 8th July 2010, 19:01   #1656
BHPian

Is this thread going off-topic?
Old 10th July 2010, 09:14   #1657
Team-BHP Support

Dont know if its already there on any thread, but just wanted to let you know all.
One arm of the Agara lake flyover is now functional (on the ORR) (This is for the traffic going from HSR BDA side to Sarjapur side. )
Went over it today morning.
Old 10th July 2010, 11:25   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Dont know if its already there on any thread, but just wanted to let you know all.
One arm of the Agara lake flyover is now functional (on the ORR) (This is for the traffic going from HSR BDA side to Sarjapur side. )
Ohhh wow. Last Wed when I went to take the delivery of my car , I saw that it was nearing completion. I thought it would be operational in a month or two. Wonder when the parallel flyover that is being constructed will complete. What is the starting point of that flyover anyway?
Old 10th July 2010, 11:40   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup just notice this morning. Atleast some easing of traffic for now. From the looks of it, even the Sarjapur road fly over will be operational pretty soon. Road laying work is only left.
Old 10th July 2010, 12:33   #1660
BHPian

The elevated road from yeshwantpur to nellamangala should also be operational soon. But from what i read in the paper, no two wheelers, autos and trucks will be allowed on it because they dont want "slow moving" traffic on it. That'll be a 4lane road, and apparently it will open up into a 6lane expressway at nellamangala. Lets see what happens
Old 10th July 2010, 12:33   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
even the Sarjapur road fly over will be operational pretty soon. Road laying work is only left.
Do you mean the fly-over at Sarjapur road - ORR junction? If yes, I will be one happy man here.
Old 10th July 2010, 23:07   #1662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
The elevated road from yeshwantpur to nellamangala should also be operational soon. But from what i read in the paper, no two wheelers, autos and trucks will be allowed on it because they dont want "slow moving" traffic on it. That'll be a 4lane road, and apparently it will open up into a 6lane expressway at nellamangala. Lets see what happens
Today's edition of Bangalore mirror reports that the elevated flyover may not allow two-wheelers and autos!
Old 10th July 2010, 23:20   #1663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Do you mean the fly-over at Sarjapur road - ORR junction? If yes, I will be one happy man here.
Yes the one that leads to Total mall. That junction, not sure if it has a name.
From the looks of it, should be ready in a months time I guess.

Quote:
Today's edition of Bangalore mirror reports that the elevated flyover may not allow two-wheelers and autos!
Damn, what about 2 wheelers who are on a long distance haul. Poor guys have to keep suffering from the traffic below.
Old 12th July 2010, 09:58   #1664
BHPian

Thought of sharing this incident i witnessed this morning. The BMTC bus i was travelling by was getting back to the main road, where it had stopped at the Silk Board junction bus stop, towards HSR. This is when a black SX4 with registration number KA51P3746 squeezes its way through, with loud honks. Despite being allowed to pass, the driver, in order to make a point, cuts across the bus, stops for a few seconds, maybe swearing at the bus driver, marches ahead in low speed, forcing the bus to simply follow, and also brakes occasionally causing this bus with over 60 people in it, to rock like a boat in a storm. He next drives in a zig zag manner, ahead of the bus, neither allowing the bus, nor the traffic behind to pass.

Incidents like this invite trouble to oneself as well as other motorists on the road. Hope the car driver gives up such irresponsible behaviour on the roads, and drive more responsibly.
Old 12th July 2010, 10:35   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
the driver, in order to make a point,
Makes me think what could be point. What if the BMTC bus did something bad to provoke the SX4 driver at the previous junction?
These BMTC drivers are capable of driving the buses like autorickshaw's.

Well, I am not justifying what the SX4 did. But not all of them are mature enough to let go the "Other bad drivers" without wanting to teach a lesson.

Most Viewed