Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2019, 11:32   #16651
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
The Govt. should incentivize MNCs moving to such new places by building actual SEZs, not the name sake SEZs in the center of crowded areas which is currently happening (esp in Bangalore).
I think the state govt is already doing it but no one is willing to leave Bangalore. If there is uniform development in major cities in the state it will reduce the load on Bangalore for sure.
Old 10th January 2019, 11:37   #16652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I think the state govt is already doing it but no one is willing to leave Bangalore.
Lip service doesn't count. The state government must lead from the front. Let us see how well the promise of developing Belgaum as the second capital materializes.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/india...um/cid/1352983
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 14:31   #16653
BHPian

ORR Traffic Rant coming up.

Due to the 2 days bandh, our team lunch was moved to today.
(Yes, we prefer lunches over dinners as people hate getting stuck in the evening crawls. Everyone just wants to reach home ASAP).
The destination was a restaurant at Marathahalli. The starting point was RMZ Ecoworld. Never expected to be stuck in a jam during the non-peak hours.

Horrible traffic from Ecoworld to JP Morgan Underpass and on the return, from Croma to Ecoworld Service road and entrance.

A lunch trip which was supposed to be over by 1:30 got extended to 2:30. Many folks missed their meetings. What a pitiful state of this beautiful city.
Is there ever non-peak traffic on ORR anymore?

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-traffic-10-jan.jpg
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 14:37   #16654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The destination was a restaurant at Marathahalli. The starting point was RMZ Ecoworld. Never expected to be stuck in a jam during the non-peak hours.

Horrible traffic from Ecoworld to JP Morgan Underpass and on the return, from Croma to Ecoworld Service road and entrance.
This is not new, though my story happened in the evening Left office in Whitefield to reach Absolute Barbeque Marathahalli at 530PM. Planned ETA was 6PM. After taking left towards ORR from Marathahalli bridge, we met the mother of all jams and even after an hour of crawling, we couldnt take the U Turn above Kadubeesanahalli underpass. At 645PM, I was still on the service road and traffic was not moving at all. Hence, parked my car right there to the side of the road and walked towards the restaurant. From then, we decided never to come till ORR for a team activity. Now fortunately we have a huge bunch of restaurants in Whitefield itself for which we walk, since sometimes taking out the car for a 1-2km drive to a restaurant can sometimes take half an hour
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 14:50   #16655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hence, parked my car right there to the side of the road and walked towards the restaurant.

Oh Boy. I am never going to Marathahalli again for lunches. For us, it is the closest along with another beautiful stretch called Sarjapur Road.

Your post actually reminded me of an ordeal my close friend had to undergo several times. Here goes:

He stays in Elan Apartments on Sarjapur road. His wife was expecting and her hospital was Motherhood, Sarjapur road. It was super convenient for them initially. However, later, when she couldn't walk the 150 odd meters to the hospital, he had to take out his car. Now, being a law-abiding citizen, he decided not to drive wrong way (Also, he mentioned mostly the cops would be patrolling there). So he had to come out on Sarjapur road, take a u-turn at Anand sweets, go till Iblur junction, take a u-turn there and then drive back till Motherhood. Sounds simple? This 2 Kms long journey used to take him 40-50 minutes.

He used to go nuts !

Last edited by drive2eternity : 10th January 2019 at 14:53.
drive2eternity is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 01:14   #16656
BHPian

Quote:
ORR Traffic Rant coming up.
No offense, but it looks like the ORR traffic gods saw your profile handle and decided that they need to have a few words with you about it
perty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 06:50   #16657
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: A polite reminder of our forum rules that don't permit any discussion on politics / politicians. Please avoid.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 11:58   #16658
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday, I dropped my in-laws at the airport. The drive back from the beginning of the Hebbal flyover till Windsor Manor was horrendous. 2 hours in total!
Old 11th January 2019, 14:27   #16659
Senior - BHPian

Heard traffic has be halted at Kaikondrahalli-Sarjapur main road as there is a gas leak as a GAIL pipeline was broken during BBMP work.

A heads up, in case you are planning to venture around that area.

Posting a News 9 grab.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1547197054.503604.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1547197073.821590.jpg
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 14:51   #16660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Heard traffic has be halted at Kaikondrahalli-Sarjapur main road as there is a gas leak as a GAIL pipeline was broken during BBMP work.
Oh no. All the kids who have schools in the Kodathi/Gunjur/Varthur area and are about to return after a tiring school day...
Old 11th January 2019, 19:24   #16661
BHPian

Major Traffic Alert : White Topping BHAGYA has commenced from Veeranpalya to Hebbal. Blood red line from Babusapalya to Nagvara Junction.
Old 11th January 2019, 20:22   #16662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Blood red line from Babusapalya to Nagvara Junction.
This is because of the white-topping work on the stretch immediately after Hennur cross underpass to Nagawara flyover.
I don't think they have started work beyond Nagawara yet.
Old 11th January 2019, 23:59   #16663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
This is because of the white-topping work on the stretch immediately after Hennur cross underpass to Nagawara flyover.
I don't think they have started work beyond Nagawara yet.
Saw the details on BTP FB feed.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1547231371564.jpg  

adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 11:16   #16664
BHPian

There is something wrong on ORR, Sarjapur flyover. What was supposed to be a leisurely Saturday morning drive has turned into a 2 hour (and counting) ordeal. Any idea what is this?
Old 12th January 2019, 11:45   #16665
Senior - BHPian

Have been stuck on the ORR between Silk Board and Sarjapur Signal for close to 2 hours now. Didn't expect it to be that bad on a Saturday!

Most Viewed