Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2019, 19:55   #16726
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
ongoing traffic from silk board is least impacted.
Peak hours in the morning, even this side witnesses snarls because ultimately, 2 lanes from each side are converging into one anyway.

I had to crawl for nearly 20 minutes last week only because the traffic was thick (around 0800) and it was as good as a truck or a bus that breaks down in the middle of the road and associated jams.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 21:27   #16727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Peak hours in the morning, even this side witnesses snarls because ultimately, 2 lanes from each side are converging into one anyway.

I had to crawl for nearly 20 minutes last week only because the traffic was thick (around 0800) and it was as good as a truck or a bus that breaks down in the middle of the road and associated jams.
Yes sir, they are converging. But the past one week i've been travelling this route daily (actually the past one year) and haven't seen a snarl yet(hence the update). Not as long as 20 mins at least. May be due to someother reason, but yeah it is good to drive in the onwards direction at least this whole week and I recommend it for the next week as well.
Old 5th February 2019, 06:32   #16728
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday evening, it looks like they had completely closed the BETL entry from EC side and as a result there was a massive jam on the ground level highway and the service roads on either sides. I was stuck for 1 hour in front of Infosys. All the intelligent folks be it people driving costly cars, having telecons inside the car, working on their laptops in the rear seat, or the Autorickshaws and cabs....everyone were making a second lane of traffic to avoid getting stuck while there is only one marked for a direction. This created more delays. This made the second line longer. This added to the delay. This made the second line longer...repeat the last sentence till you get bored.
15mins distance took 1hr yesterday

Last edited by ajmat : 5th February 2019 at 07:53. Reason: minor typo
Old 5th February 2019, 13:22   #16729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Yesterday evening, it looks like they had completely closed the BETL entry from EC side and as a result there was a massive jam on the ground level highway and the service roads on either sides. I was stuck for 1 hour in front of Infosys. All the intelligent folks be it people driving costly cars, having telecons inside the car, working on their laptops in the rear seat, or the Autorickshaws and cabs....everyone were making a second lane of traffic to avoid getting stuck while there is only one marked for a direction. This created more delays. This made the second line longer. This added to the delay. This made the second line longer...repeat the last sentence till you get bored.
15mins distance took 1hr yesterday
ECITY has become a mess for the past few months. It took me 1 hr to reach Nice road entrance from Phase 2 yesterday. And the worst part is the traffic is not at all predictable. One day it will be a smooth sail and the next day it will be BAM! Long weekends almost always result in the huge jam on service roads. The situation will improve once the BETL work is complete. Do not know how much more time it will take for them
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 15:01   #16730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
ECITY has become a mess for the past few months. It took me 1 hr to reach Nice road entrance from Phase 2 yesterday. And the worst part is the traffic is not at all predictable.
Bad news, but thanks for the alert. I assume the situation is better on weekends. Will be driving back from Ramanagara on Sunday afternoon. Wondering which exit will be better after the NICE Road. Since I need to reach Koramangala, I usually take the E-City exit. But with the elevated toll way work, wondering if there will be a jam on Sunday afternoon too and it may be better to take Mysore Road back into the city. Of course will be checking GMaps on the NICE road, but anyone knows the E-city exit situation on Sundays?
Old 5th February 2019, 15:31   #16731
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday evening, it looks like they had completely closed the BETL entry from EC side and as a result there was a massive jam on the ground level highway and the service roads on either sides. .........
They have closed the entry from Hosur Road to Silk Board on BETL for the past 2-3 days. They are working fast so hopefully situation should be better in the next couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
I assume the situation is better on weekends. Will be driving back from Ramanagara on Sunday afternoon. Wondering which exit will be better after the NICE Road. Since I need to reach Koramangala, I usually take the E-City exit. ..... but anyone knows the E-city exit situation on Sundays?
I do not see any improvement on weekends due to BETL work as well as the metro work which is adding to the traffic. Last sunday it was heavy traffic from EC to Bommanahalli in the afternoon as well as evening.
jayantvs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 16:47   #16732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday evening, it looks like they had completely closed the BETL entry from EC side and as a result there was a massive jam on the ground level highway and the service roads on either sides.
Was there at around 0900Hrs on 4th Feb. Things had got so messed up, finally Traffic Police asked the Toll booth operators to just stand aside and the vehicles were allowed to pass through (with the Ola cab which I travelled being one of the free wheelers ).
Old 6th February 2019, 09:50   #16733
Senior - BHPian

As the saying in Malayalam goes - "Hell is the place where a sinner lands ups" . I had changed my work place because of the long & irritating commute to Whitefield. Now that I have my office in Dairy circle side, I find that the elevated highway is now closed for repairs.

So the commute times are now pretty much at the Whitefield levels. Any idea on how long the elevated road would be blocked? I did not see much workmen on the blocked area today.
Old 6th February 2019, 09:56   #16734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Bad news, but thanks for the alert. I assume the situation is better on weekends. Will be driving back from Ramanagara on Sunday afternoon.
Sunday afternoon would not be a problem, both within E-City and on the BETL.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 12:00   #16735
BHPian

Bad traffic in the last few days in Bellandur and Yemalur area. Reason probably is the volume of traffic vs the size of the roads. I think driving manners although they don't manner any more do play an important part. Bikers continue to push their luck and many times get lucky overtaking from the right or left be it possible or impossible. Previously some folk would at least be embarrassed if they failed at their maneuvers of cheeky overtakes. Now its a poker face and who cares attitude which is really sad and to top it off a complete apathy of traffic getting messed up due to them or their ignorant driving.
Old 6th February 2019, 15:05   #16736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
As the saying in Malayalam goes - "Hell is the place where a sinner lands ups" . I had changed my work place because of the long & irritating commute to Whitefield. Now that I have my office in Dairy circle side, I find that the elevated highway is now closed for repairs.

So the commute times are now pretty much at the Whitefield levels. Any idea on how long the elevated road would be blocked? I did not see much workmen on the blocked area today.
As per ELCITA on Twitter - https://twitter.com/ELCITA_IN/status...61589165592576

"Team highway concession finally completes concreteing of last n 9th Expn Jt by 0150hrs this morning. Curring will be completed by 9th Feb, 2019. Elevated Highway will be ready to open for both sides traffic by 9th Feb morning at 0600 hrs."
achilles101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 15:20   #16737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
As per ELCITA on Twitter - https://twitter.com/ELCITA_IN/status...61589165592576

"Team highway concession finally completes concreteing of last n 9th Expn Jt by 0150hrs this morning. Curring will be completed by 9th Feb, 2019. Elevated Highway will be ready to open for both sides traffic by 9th Feb morning at 0600 hrs."
So they are concretising the expansion joints. Cant they do flyover with concrete ? Even Mysuru Road flyover is being relaid with tar mixture every couple of years now. They dont seem to last
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 15:21   #16738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Bad traffic in the last few days in Bellandur and Yemalur area.
BWSSB has blocked the road going to the left from the Bellandur Lake Road. So after the Lake Road ends, after the Masjid and the bridge (when you're going from Yemalur towards the ORR), you either take the right that leads to the Central Mall bit of the ORR or the left that leads to Sakra Hospital. The left was blocked today by some digging with a JCB. Bikes could squeeze through, but blocked for cars. So everyone ends up taking the right turn and happy days... Was great for us bikes though, breezed through that stretch after the JCB!

Last edited by am1m : 6th February 2019 at 15:23.
Old 7th February 2019, 18:57   #16739
BHPian

Expect to see heavy traffic on Kodi -- Varthur stretch up to next Friday.
Varthur Annual Fair coming up on 12th, 13th, 14th Feb.
Old 7th February 2019, 22:19   #16740
Senior - BHPian

Left office at Bannerghatta Road at around 1730 hours and the traffic seemed to be slightly less. Considering Bengaluru standards it was not a very tough drive till Madivala Traffic PS. Even Google Maps was happy to reduce the ETA to my home. And elevated highway too raised my hopes quite a bit. It was a smooth run, and the temporary route deviation was only for a kilo metre or so. Google Maps proudly reduced the time by another 12-15 mins when I was on elevated fly over.

Disaster hit me when I cleared the EC Phase 2 toll booth, and took the turn to join Hosur Road. That was the place for the mega block for today evening. Lost nearly 20-25 minutes in getting out of that area. Net to net; it was once again a 65-75 mins drive.

Made a dash cam video of the whole thing and uploaded it to YouTube.

Last edited by sachinpk : 7th February 2019 at 22:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks