Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 11:21   #1666
Senior - BHPian

Well the public transport drivers are held responsible and many times they are but thier are many morons who think that they are the lords and can misbehave. i really wished the people in the bus got down and smashed the baleno guy. such thugs needs to be treated in their own way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Makes me think what could be point. What if the BMTC bus did something bad to provoke the SX4 driver at the previous junction?
These BMTC drivers are capable of driving the buses like autorickshaw's.

Well, I am not justifying what the SX4 did. But not all of them are mature enough to let go the "Other bad drivers" without wanting to teach a lesson.
Old 12th July 2010, 11:28   #1667
Team-BHP Support

Witnessed this on Friday evening at the service road in front of Accenture / Ecospace on ORR near Bellandur. Owing to the work which is going on at the Bellandur junction, provision is made for LTVs to use the service road, while HTVs are expected to carry on on the main road. There is a board which clearly marks the same as well, along with a uniformed security guy to guide traffic at the place where vehicles enter the service road.

As we have seen, the Volvo B7Rs have turned out to be real terrors on the roads these days. One Volvo tries to get onto the service road, but the security guy waves him on, and does not let him enter since its his duty, and also clearly marked. He hesitates, and then proceeds on the main road. Another Volvo, running on route 500K, with number 4604 also tries to enter the service road. Security asks him to carry on straight. Volvo guy still tries to enter, but the security knocks on the bus, and still prods him to go straight. Then, the Volvo driver nearly runs over the security chap, enters the service road, and carries on.

I feel for the security chap, who was only doing his duty. He was an aged gentleman. Is there somewhere i can complain about this? Too bad i couldnt get the whole number of the bus, but i do know the route, as well as time.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:35   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Witnessed this on Friday evening at the service road in front of Accenture / Ecospace on ORR near Bellandur. Owing to the work which is going on at the Bellandur junction, provision is made for LTVs to use the service road, while HTVs are expected to carry on on the main road. There is a board which clearly marks the same as well, along with a uniformed security guy to guide traffic at the place where vehicles enter the service road.

As we have seen, the Volvo B7Rs have turned out to be real terrors on the roads these days. One Volvo tries to get onto the service road, but the security guy waves him on, and does not let him enter since its his duty, and also clearly marked. He hesitates, and then proceeds on the main road. Another Volvo, running on route 500K, with number 4604 also tries to enter the service road. Security asks him to carry on straight. Volvo guy still tries to enter, but the security knocks on the bus, and still prods him to go straight. Then, the Volvo driver nearly runs over the security chap, enters the service road, and carries on.

I feel for the security chap, who was only doing his duty. He was an aged gentleman. Is there somewhere i can complain about this? Too bad i couldnt get the whole number of the bus, but i do know the route, as well as time.
Do you think Indians are idiots that if you put some sign-board and employ a security, you can fool them to believe that they can't take the "short-cut" ?

The problem with our authorities is that they tend to think (at least initially) that what works for developed / disciplined countries will also work with Indians. This doesn't work. Indians are unique and we need Indian solutions to Indian problems.

If you don't want an Indian HTV driver to enter the service road, all you need is a hard barrier structure at the entrypoint that will not allow any vehicle beyond certain height to pass - simple, the problem is solved.
Old 12th July 2010, 17:39   #1669
BHPian

Chilling CCTV Images taken at Junctions

Chilling CCTV Images taken at Junctions

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repos...sh-skin-custom

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repos...sh-skin-custom

Got these links off somewhere. You are not safe even if you follow the law. Hope these pictures make a bit of difference to some drivers.

Last edited by KRRaj : 12th July 2010 at 17:42.
Old 12th July 2010, 18:38   #1670
Senior - BHPian

^^ I feel for that woman. That is why I did not allow my wife to get a 2 wheeler when she asked for one. I got a zen and I don't regret it. Twice she was bumped, one by a 3 wheel tempo, and a wrong side riding luna. The shell got hit but she was safe. When that happens, you know your investment and planning has not gone for waste.

Last edited by Eddy : 12th July 2010 at 21:52. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 12th July 2010, 19:27   #1671
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Thought of sharing this incident i witnessed this morning. The BMTC bus i was travelling by was getting back to the main road, where it had stopped at the Silk Board junction bus stop, towards HSR. This is when a black SX4 with registration number KA51P3746 squeezes its way through, with loud honks. Despite being allowed to pass, the driver, in order to make a point, cuts across the bus, stops for a few seconds, maybe swearing at the bus driver, marches ahead in low speed, forcing the bus to simply follow, and also brakes occasionally causing this bus with over 60 people in it, to rock like a boat in a storm. He next drives in a zig zag manner, ahead of the bus, neither allowing the bus, nor the traffic behind to pass.

Incidents like this invite trouble to oneself as well as other motorists on the road. Hope the car driver gives up such irresponsible behaviour on the roads, and drive more responsibly.
The SX4 guy did the right thing. Such bus drivers should be belted hard for taking sudden turns and squeezing vehicles.

I know what the SX4 guy went through and never will believe it was not the bus driver's fault.
Old 12th July 2010, 19:45   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
The SX4 guy did the right thing.
Are you serious? Even if the bus driver did something wrong, are you saying that such road rage display by SX4 driver is the right behaviour?
Old 12th July 2010, 20:11   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Are you serious? Even if the bus driver did something wrong, are you saying that such road rage display by SX4 driver is the right behaviour?
+1. Agree. Even if the Bus Driver did something wrong, that is bad behaviour on the SX4's part. Reminded me of an incident a few years back. This was on the Poonamalle - Maduravoyal road when it was still 2 lane. A container lorry was going and a yellow board Qualis was trying to pass. He was not able to as there were lots of vehicles coming on the opposite way. Finally, he managed to pass and started crawling in front of the container truck. Moron, as if the truck should have gone to the shoulder and given way. Am sure this incident is similar.
Old 12th July 2010, 20:11   #1674
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Nothing is defined right or wrong. It depends on the situation on how you react.

For me, Slapping back a guy who slaps me is right.
For someone else, giving the other cheek is the right.

For the bus driver, it was the right thing to do. These guys turn,stop and dance on roads as per their wish just because they are not driving their OWN vehicle.

For a fact, I do the same with such drivers. I know I will be rear-ended some day, but I would have taught a lesson to 2 out of 10 such drivers.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:49   #1675
Team-BHP Support

Bus Driver:
drives one of the largest vehicles on the road.
no ac
no power steering (in older buses)
Noise
bad suspension
uncomfortable seat with no lumbar support
Non adjustable steering wheel
low pay
pollution
fixed schedule
any passenger falls down, driver is liable
Rear view mirror is a joke

I tend to be a little forgiving to these guys, when they cut me off.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:18   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Bus Driver:
drives one of the largest vehicles on the road.
no ac
no power steering (in older buses)
Noise
bad suspension
uncomfortable seat with no lumbar support
Non adjustable steering wheel
low pay
pollution
fixed schedule
any passenger falls down, driver is liable
Rear view mirror is a joke

I tend to be a little forgiving to these guys, when they cut me off.

I agree - all these make the life of a bus driver miserable.

But still it doesn't justify cutting across from the Bus-stop on the left side to the right extreme of the road blocking all other vehicles.
And also over-running the signals - do they get any incentives for completing the trip faster?

Even this morning at Indiranagar, a Volvo was honking at me from behind at a traffic red signal.

Last edited by ch.nathan : 13th July 2010 at 11:22.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:22   #1677
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Even this morning at Indiranagar, a Volvo was honking at me from behind at a traffic red signal.
Its become a norm for the morons driving the Volvos these days. Interestingly, none of the miserable conditions which bblost mentioned in his post above apply to these guys. Guess they were plain unlucky to be born brain-dead. I forgive them.
Old 13th July 2010, 15:32   #1678
Team-BHP Support

Today outside the Leela - a Volvo pulls into extreme right lane and then wants to go left in a big jam. The green signal for turn into Manipal and U turn was green thrice! The auto driver next to me was cursing
Old 13th July 2010, 15:47   #1679
BHPian

I am a Macbeth when it comes to stopping at crossing with signals-"to stop or not to stop" at a Red light-. I did so at Nagwara crossing, not far from Manayata tech park-a swaraj mazada rammed me from behind and my boot was in my rear seats. The saddest psth was that I had stopped good 30 secs+ before the truck rammed me. After 4 hours of talking to the police all they adviced me was to drop the matter and claim insurance!!
Its all over the Country-Hyderabad is bad but not as bad as Bangalore
Old 13th July 2010, 15:50   #1680
BHPian

Was following a call taxi on the ORR, from Bellandur towards Intel junction. As we approached the Intel junction, the taxi took a sharp cut to the right.

There was this traffic cone bang in the middle of the road, with atleast a car length to the boards on the left. I indicated this to the traffic behind, but couldnt move the cone as the light was green.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks