Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 17:07   #17326
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I noticed this too today morning. Any idea if the barricade is permanent or temporary ? Looks permanent to me.
It seems to be a permanent barricade. It would have been better if they had made the road one way from Bommanahalli to HSR and not the other way round. By this, it would be beneficial for commuters to use this road to go to HSR. Also the menace of people driving/riding in the wrong direction would have been taken care of.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 09:07   #17327
Senior - BHPian

Mega block at elevated highway, btm, sagar hospital jn. Due to demolition work at Jayadeva flyover. Expecting delays of 25mins.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 09:53   #17328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Mega block at elevated highway, btm, sagar hospital jn. Due to demolition work at Jayadeva flyover. Expecting delays of 25mins.
Since the block is just a day old, I feel it's more of confusion and not knowing alternate roads. Thinkgs should stabilise after a week IMO with more people being informed of the block and them figuring out alternate roads. The delay time should reduce a bit after that.

A view of Namma Bengaluru during peak hour
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-untitled.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 10:24   #17329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
A view of Namma Bengaluru during peak hour
Attachment 1894843
Wow !! Am I not glad to reside in North Bangalore.
Old 16th July 2019, 10:25   #17330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Thinkgs should stabilise after a week IMO with more people being informed of the block and them figuring out alternate roads.
On the positive side; I observed that the road section from Sarjapur Road Jn, via Check Post towards Tavarakere has now been opened. This was blocked for white topping, and traffic was diverted via St. John's Cross Road.
Old 16th July 2019, 10:34   #17331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Noticed this weekend that Electronics City Elevated Toll charged me 50 + 20 for my trip. Earlier it was 45 + 25.
Any idea if this has been changed to increase one way revenue? Or just some temporary issue.
Fare structure has been updated by BETL, and it was in the news. Following post explains it all :

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Driving to Electronics City or towards Hosur via BETL? Take note:

Source: Deccan Herald
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 11:06   #17332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
Wow !! Am I not glad to reside in North Bangalore.
Are you kidding? North Bangalore has had among the worst traffic in the city for years now. So much so that people are used to it and the serpentine traffic lanes which envelope those parts for hours every single day at peak times. I know because more than half of my office colleagues are from there and I can hear them crying every day.

Though the Silk Board - BG Road issue will worsen the traffic situation in several areas in South Bangalore now.
Old 16th July 2019, 11:23   #17333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Are you kidding? North Bangalore has had among the worst traffic in the city for years now. So much so that people are used to it and the serpentine traffic lanes which envelope those parts for hours every single day at peak times. I know because more than half of my office colleagues are from there and I can hear them crying every day.
Sir, I have been residing close to BEL Circle for the past 20+ years and I find my surroundings much easier and accessible compared to other areas within the city. A 15 min drive I can reach Yeshwantpur railway and Metro station, I have access to the ORR bus route say after a walk of 5 mins and I can reach the airport in 30 - 40 mins flat.

I don't know which part of North Bangalore your colleagues travel from, apart from the Hebbal and Mekhri junction (I go under the Hebbal flyover anyway, so not a problem for me) I don't see any other major gridlocks which consume hours of my daily commute.

I find it much more tiresome in navigating other parts of Bangalore and the white topping drama has reached N Bangalore now so it may create some traffic and then again not something major.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th July 2019 at 11:34. Reason: Spacing and formatting for improved readability
FURY_44 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 11:31   #17334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Are you kidding? North Bangalore has had among the worst traffic in the city for years now.
I stay in North Bangalore. It does not take me more than 35 minutes to reach my office 13 kms away on my two wheeler. In fact, I do not encounter a single traffic signal till I reach my office . Though white topping near Hennur road intersection is going on, it has not resulted in standstill traffic.

Hebbal is a different story altogether.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 16th July 2019 at 11:32.
Old 16th July 2019, 11:48   #17335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
Sir, I have been residing close to BEL Circle for the past 20+ years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I stay in North Bangalore. It does not take me more than 35 minutes to reach my office
Enjoy guys. Happy to know that you are better off. I can only mention the horror stories I keep hearing on daily basis, from my friends and colleagues from the other side.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 13:13   #17336
BHPian

Oh yes! I love North Bangalore!

It is much better as the roads are much wider and the bottlenecks are much lesser. One reason being BIAL! Our BTP always ensures any hassles are cleared a lot quicker than in other parts as BIAL is directly related to Bangalore's image .

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th July 2019 at 15:02. Reason: Minor typo corrected. Thanks.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 10:47   #17337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the impact was more severe today. The block was there at around 0900Hrs on Elevated highway, and it was at 1030Hrs that I reached my office at Bannerghatta Road (a distance which I used to cover in 15-20 mins). Looked like the Traffic police had also given up, and there are no alternate routes planned during the demolition. Any idea how many months would this demolition take to complete?
Old 17th July 2019, 11:08   #17338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea how many months would this demolition take to complete?
we are long term visionaries. We don't talk in months, we talk in years

I don't know if it was the spillover effect of this jam on the BETL, the NECE road exit at Electronic city witnessed a block today morning at around 08:00 after many days! I didn't see any particular reason for it (like an accident or breakdown).
Old 23rd July 2019, 09:00   #17339
Team-BHP Support

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/70336926.cms

Sad to read this. Get well soon @SILVERWOOD. As many here know Waseem is a member and the guy behind Drive without borders.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 09:28   #17340
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to hear. Wishing SILVERWOOD/Waseem a speedy recovery. Great respect for him for the efforts he had put in in the Drive Without Borders Effort (Thread Link for reference) as well as several other citizen initiatives.

Most Viewed