Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2019, 09:32   #17341
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I was just chatting with toll both guy at NICE toll road in Bangalore Bannerghatta road, about getting change is difficult and long wait time. He said from January NICE will also have Fastag. Should be good relief for Bangaloreans waiting at NICE toll road especially on weekdays traveling to office in this road.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 09:55   #17342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I was just chatting with toll both guy at NICE toll road in Bangalore Bannerghatta road, about getting change is difficult and long wait time. He said from January NICE will also have Fastag. Should be good relief for Bangaloreans waiting at NICE toll road especially on weekdays traveling to office in this road.
After NICE Epay, I'm pretty happy as there is no need to worry about cash anymore. If at all Fastag does come to NICE road, it will help only to the extent of not having to maintain 2 accounts and balances.

However with the kind of people we have in our country, I'm not hopeful of it helping in a big way. People without Fastags, people without balances in their fastags, will enter this lane, argue with the person manning the lane/gate and turn Fastag lane into a Slowtag lane
Old 23rd July 2019, 10:53   #17343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
NICE being an entirely private entity, i do not understand how a fastag would work with them. But if they do manage to integrate fastag then it would be a boon to all the vehicles especially at the Hosur exit and Tumkur exit which see long queues during peak hours
Old 23rd July 2019, 11:05   #17344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
However with the kind of people we have in our country, I'm not hopeful of it helping in a big way. People without Fastags, people without balances in their fastags, will enter this lane, argue with the person manning the lane/gate and turn Fastag lane into a Slowtag lane
As being proposed, all lanes will be fastag by December, and there is plan to add 20% extra for cash payment. Guess things will fall in line slowly.
Old 26th July 2019, 07:52   #17345
Distinguished - BHPian

Avoid routes to Whitefield via gunjur /varthur. Traffic blocks expected due to temple festival

Source: https://twitter.com/WFRising/status/...396614656?s=19
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 17:53   #17346
Distinguished - BHPian

All the N.Bangalore guys - What's the white topping scene like on the ORR from Old Madras Road to Hebbal? All done?

And apparently there's some flyover work being done in front of Manyata Tech Park? How much of a jam does that cause? Even on weekends?

Planning to head towards the airport side tomorrow (Sat) morning early and return in the evening. Should I go through the city instead of taking the Old Madras Road, ORR road to Hebbal? Thanks.
Old 26th July 2019, 18:49   #17347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
And apparently there's some flyover work being done in front of Manyata Tech Park? How much of a jam does that cause? Even on weekends?
Delay due to flyover construction is not that bad so as to avoid that route. However, for a weekend morning, depending on where you are starting, you can take the route through city too if its shorter one.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 18:59   #17348
BHPian

Quote:
All the N.Bangalore guys - What's the white topping scene like on the ORR from Old Madras Road to Hebbal? All done?

Planning to head towards the airport side tomorrow (Sat) morning early and return in the evening. Should I go through the city instead of taking the Old Madras Road, ORR road to Hebbal? Thanks.
There is no white topping in that direction. The bridge construction work in front of Manyata is only a delay for a few minutes.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 19:31   #17349
BHPian

If you are coming from Whitefield side, take a turn at Hennur. Follow the road till the airport and back.
You will be saved from traffic at Hebbal and Manyata. The road is toll free as well.
Shashwat B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 20:02   #17350
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Couple weeks ago there was work in progress near the Hennur underpass on the ORR in the Hebbal-Ramamurthynagar direction, so I don't think an early morning onward journey to airport on ORR should be an issue. Other option is to go via Nandidurga road-Mekhri circle if you stay in the eastern side of Bangalore.

Taking Hennur road is another option but will be bit slower as road is dug up and narrow at some places, not worth it for an early morning drive.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 21:19   #17351
BHPian

Quote:

Early morning ,you can take the ORR via Hebbal to reach the airport.While returning, it's better to take the road to hennur although you will encounter some traffic in hennur as mentioned.

If you are located in Whitefield, best route to take would be KIA-Budigere Cross-Kadugodi .
TSIVTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 12:35   #17352
Senior - BHPian

28 mins of fun on top of BETL flyover today (when driving to the city). The impact of the fly over demolition at Jayadeva Circle is now truely revealing its real colours. Yesterday my average speed was 18kmph and today it was 11kmph. Distance covered was just 22kms (and would beat my earlier records for a 32km commute).

Looks like the Traffic Police has actually given up and let things go the way it is now. They really do not have any magic solutions considering the number of vehicles, as well as the alternate roads.

May be I should add a question on the BTP Facebook page? What is the tentative date of completion of this demolition work? But the way BBMP works, chances of the Traffic Police getting a clear picture is very remote.
Old 2nd August 2019, 14:34   #17353
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Can one reach Yeshwanthpur railway station directly from the metro station ? Which is the closest metro station to reach the railway station - Sandal soap factory or Yeshwanthpur ?
Old 2nd August 2019, 14:57   #17354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Can one reach Yeshwanthpur railway station directly from the metro station ? Which is the closest metro station to reach the railway station - Sandal soap factory or Yeshwanthpur ?
Yeshwantpur is the closest, but there is no over bridge or direct connect like in the case of KRS, yet. It's a walk of about 150-200m from the last platform (No 6, I think) (Not 100% sure of the distance, have gotten down at Yeshwantpur and walked to the Metro station a few times with luggage). Pretty ok walk, the route is not in traffic or anything like that, but may be a bit of a hassle with lots of luggage.

Last edited by am1m : 2nd August 2019 at 15:02.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 15:38   #17355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
YPR is the Metro station just adjacent to YPR railway station. If you select the correct entrance/exit, it's barely 50 metres open pathway through the taxi/auto lanes. Not a hassle at all even with luggage as they have remodelled the walkways now.

See below:
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ypr.jpeg  

itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks