Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2019, 13:52   #17416
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Traffic was pathetic on ORR today morning. Not surprising, considering the long weekend is over.

Quick observation with respect to Quick ride or similar apps. Not sure if these apps are the real cause though.

I am noticing private cars stopping to drop/pick up passengers randomly. Since these are not designated stops - it is adding to chaos.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th August 2019 at 13:54. Reason: Minor spacing
Old 19th August 2019, 14:18   #17417
BHPian

A story of how my brain faded away while staying in Bangalore. Hopefully it is on the right track back.

Situation 1 : I stayed at old airport road. Office was at Intermediate ring road, Koramangala. Took Public transport.Status: Sane.

Situation 2: Kid born, gave sleepless nights. Joined a new organization in E City. Used office bus. Situation: Crazy

Situation 3: Kid young, moved to ECity. Bought first Car. 15 minute drive to office. Situation: Little Crazy ( Did not make sense to drive to office, but still did it due to lack of public transport in 2011)

Situation 4: Moved to Kolkata. Office 10 minute drive away. Blissful drive, but working atmosphere was next to nil Situation: Moving towards Crazy (Professionally)

Situation 4: Stayed at ECity, Joined office at Manyata . Drove close to 100 kms to and fro. Situation: Extremely Crazy

Situation 5: Staying at Ecity, joined Office in Whitefield, drive to Whitefield daily. People say that it is a long distance, but it is definitely better than 4.

Situation 6: Thinking of moving to Sarjapur, searching for options within my budget.

Mod Note: Only 2 Smilies per post please

Last edited by ampere : 19th August 2019 at 15:52.
adg_andy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 15:18   #17418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post

Situation 6: Thinking of moving to Sarjapur, searching for options within my budget.
Sarjapur road is itself crazy. You don't need to commute anywhere from it to experience chaos. And that too, 7 days a week. So please consider moving to a 'saner' place than Sarjapur road.
drive2eternity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 15:35   #17419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Unlike some people you seem to have that freedom to move. So, why don't you stay and work in Whitefield itself. HSR may be better but Whitefield is not bad at all in terms of facilities
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 15:53   #17420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Sarjapur road is itself crazy. You don't need to commute anywhere from it to experience chaos. And that too, 7 days a week. So please consider moving to a 'saner' place than Sarjapur road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Unlike some people you seem to have that freedom to move. So, why don't you stay and work in Whitefield itself. HSR may be better but Whitefield is not bad at all in terms of facilities
I am not talking about Sarjapur Road towards Bellandur, more like Sompura, which is near to the schools. We prefer quiet and secluded areas, and that is how we ended up in E City in 2011
adg_andy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 21:39   #17421
BHPian

Quote:
I am not talking about Sarjapur Road towards Bellandur, more like Sompura, which is near to the schools. We prefer quiet and secluded areas, and that is how we ended up in E City in 2011
Sarjapur has lots of options in all budgets. The ride is definitely better, but you still have to cross some crazy traffic near Varthur and whitefield. I stay near Sompura as well, and we try to avoid going into the city as much as possible :-) .
Newpunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 22:50   #17422
Senior - BHPian

There's a protest planned tomorrow in Bellandur, which may lead to some additional traffic. Here's the news: http://bengaluru.citizenmatters.in/o...-protest-35965

Quote:
The residents of Adarsh Palm Retreat and surrounding areas in Bellandur are staging a peaceful protest and forming a human chain on August 20th to highlight traffic congestion and pollution in and around their community.

Date and Time: 20 August, 2019 from 9am to 10.30am

Meeting points:

Along the RMZ Road from The Bay to the Outer Ring Road, Bellandur

Footpath at Outer Ring Road Eco space and spread towards Bellandur Main road and towards Sarjapur road

Last edited by airbus : 19th August 2019 at 23:02.
airbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 04:49   #17423
BHPian

Quote:
I am not talking about Sarjapur Road towards Bellandur, more like Sompura, which is near to the schools.
I am living in Sompura, purely for this reason. ECity is 45 mins, my office at Ecoworld is 45 mins in morning and Whitefield is 1 hour as people say. D Mart has just opened.
Issues: Few good options as for housing societies. Eating out options are limited. Multiplexes are far. So, I spend most of weekends on Netflix.
Societies around Hadosiddapura and Decathlon have better location to everything, so is Dommasandra.
My personal preference was area around Carmelaram Church @ Gunjur. Clean road studded with Gulmohar trees, peaceful surroundings, budget friendly and extremely livable. Nice schools, proximity to all IT areas. OR as a last option, Balagere. Sobha is there. A few other good societies. Whitefield is close, internal access road to Kundanhalli gate. A new access road to ORR @ Croma, avoiding Panathur nightmare.
I moved during middle of the month and wasn't able to find a vacant property in Gunjur in desired societies. So, moved to Sompura.

Off Topic: Is anyone living/staying in Sobha Dream Acres? I am planning to buy a flat there and have a few queries.
atnyia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 08:22   #17424
BHPian

Crane supporting metro work is blocking a whole lane just after getting off BETL (towards Silkboard), there was traffic backed up for a few hundred meters on BETL and this was at 6:45 this morning!

Check maps before taking BETL towards Silkboard
samschenker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 08:43   #17425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I stay in an upcoming(50% done, 50% construction ongoing) gated community in Sompura. Its a nice, quiet, green place with not many issues. I commute to Whitefield too. As long as you leave early to office, the commute to Whitefield is very easy. I leave at 7am in the morning and reach office most days by 7:45 and by 8-8:15 on really bad days. It is far far better than staying in the dusty polluted Whitefield area.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 20th August 2019 at 08:45.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 08:44   #17426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
Quick observation with respect to Quick ride or similar apps. Not sure if these apps are the real cause though.

I am noticing private cars stopping to drop/pick up passengers randomly. Since these are not designated stops - it is adding to chaos.

On the outer ring road, Quickride is in heavy demand. I commute via the ORR once every few weeks from Whitefield to Banashankari. When I do this, I offer rides on QR since it will be a long drive home and I will have some company. Usually I pick up passengers from Whitefield itself and those who have to go almost to south. However, there are continuous requests from people on the ORR to join. For that one or two empty seats in my car, there will be 10+ requests. However, it is for this very reason I do not prefer picking up from the ORR since stopping on the carriageway is not a good idea, and getting onto the service road might turn out into a nightmare. But a lot of people stop very randomly, on the left lane wherever the co-rider is waving them down. Its very ironical that we complain of BMTC buses stopping abruptly, and people like these are no better. A request to those who do this is to park in a sensible place which wont obstruct traffic and also instruct the co-rider to come to a suitable place.
Smooth flow of traffic is what Bangalore lacks, and that does make a big difference to the overall driving experience.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 08:53   #17427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
There's a protest planned tomorrow in Bellandur, which may lead to some additional traffic.
I use the same pathway to office and I can sympathise with them, that community is surrounded by heat and pollution producing monster tech parks.
OT, I am in a Volvo bus and going towards Ecoworld and looks like it will be a long commute as the traffic has backed up till Agara lake.
mazda4life is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 09:27   #17428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I stay in an upcoming(50% done, 50% construction ongoing) gated community in Sompura. Its a nice, quiet, green place with not many issues. I commute to Whitefield too. As long as you leave early to office, the commute to Whitefield is very easy. I leave at 7am in the morning and reach office most days by 7:45 and by 8-8:15 on really bad days. It is far far better than staying in the dusty polluted Whitefield area.
Even I was looking at some properties on the Chandapura Domassandra road, looks a longer commute to ORR. It's a mixed bag staying outside city limits.
Avenger_123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 09:38   #17429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger_123 View Post
Even I was looking at some properties on the Chandapura Domassandra road, looks a longer commute to ORR. It's a mixed bag staying outside city limits.
If you have to commute to ORR, don't stay here. You'll go mad with traffic at the intersection of hosa road and sarjapur road unless you take one of the inner smaller roads.

For people working in Whitefield or E-City, it is perfectly manageable. My wife's office is near E-City and she reaches office faster than me on most days.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 20th August 2019 at 09:40.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 09:39   #17430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
I use the same pathway to office and I can sympathise with them, that community is surrounded by heat and pollution producing monster tech parks.
Can't say I sympathize, the same builder, RMZ who built the hundreds of super-expensive flats and villas that the community chose to purchase/rent and live in also built the adjoining tech park and designed that wonderful single road in/out which is the cause of a lot of the heat, pollution, congestion, traffic in that area!

(Our office moved there last year and I'm quite sure it was a 'pure co-incidence' that out of the three head honchos who made the decision to move to that accursed area (from an area with good metro and public transport connectivity), two of them own a villa and a flat there! It will be very ironic, actually the height of hypocrisy, if I see them participating in that protest today! )

Last edited by am1m : 20th August 2019 at 09:41.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks