Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2020, 18:26   #18241
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

The AET junction behind RMZ Eco world is becoming a pain to navigate especially in the evening. When returning home from Eco World, when the traffic stops at the junction, cab drivers and van drivers start driving on the opposite lane to reach the junction and end up blocking all the traffic. The same thing happens every day and they keep repeating it every day .

Today, I was waiting patiently in the queue when a Force Motors van operating for a company in Eco world tried to cross from the wrong lane, but got stuck because there was a truck on the opposite lane. Now he tries to bully me, by slowing turning and moving into my lane. I didn't move over and didn't let him to pass, but he kept turning into me, ending with my rear view mirror hitting his vehicle. He stopped when I honked and I crossed him. I had a feeling that it was not just the mirrors that had come in contact with his vehicle because his front left tyre had turned into my car.

After reaching home, I found that there was a small dent on my driver side door . Now I need to claim insurance and get this fixed, as I'm sure the Skoda guys will just tell me to replace the whole door.
Old 24th January 2020, 19:20   #18242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
The AET junction behind RMZ Eco world is becoming a pain to navigate especially in the evening.

After reaching home, I found that there was a small dent on my driver side door . Now I need to claim insurance and get this fixed, as I'm sure the Skoda guys will just tell me to replace the whole door.
Ah! Sorry to hear that!

We need to remember to always teach a lesson to others without damaging anything we own! If not possible, just let him go.

The road outside Manyatha tech park has narrowed down even more now due to the bridge construction taking up more space.

And before we reach that place, it is the Hennur underpass white topping. Now people to avoid getting into it are taking a left on to the service road opposite to big Ganesha and clogging it as well.

I heard from some people that we can enter the residential areas adjacent to the service road and somehow reach almost the Nagavara flyover by passing all this mess. If someone is familiar with this route, can you please provide more details or the link to the Google maps?
Old 25th January 2020, 00:59   #18243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I heard from some people that we can enter the residential areas adjacent to the service road and somehow reach almost the Nagavara flyover by passing all this mess. If someone is familiar with this route, can you please provide more details or the link to the Google maps?
Depends on where you are headed to around Hebbal. If going towards Yelahanka, it is possible to take a right at Hennur junction (just before the traffic pile up starts) and reach Jakkur via Thanisandra junction. The map screenshot is attached. I myself take this route sometimes coming back home to Sahakarnagar.
I think there are no good options towards left of Hebbal (coming from Nagawara).
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-hennurnagawara.png  

nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 19:20   #18244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
IMO, the bus lane on ORR is failing since
1) During *non-peak* hours, buses don't stick to the bus lane. They wander all-around even to the fast lane.
2) During *peak* hours, traffic spills over to bus lane and even the marshall manning the bus lanes in their camouflage uniform can't do anything other than waving hand.
Another reason is left lane (which is the bus lane) is required to enter service road or merging to the ORR. I regularly witness the problem before and after Embassy Tech Village, where people need to struggle either to enter service road or exit service road as well as buses to continue straight.
airbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 21:51   #18245
BHPian

I have now "perfected" the art of boldly taking a left from the middle Lane cutting off the bikes and even cars who are on the bus lane probably to take a left themselves.

Basically have been forced start doing something that I used to hate the other vehicles for before the bus lane came into the picture.

At the very least what the traffic police can do is to allow merging about 100m before the turn instead of breaking the lane exactly at the turn.
anandhsub is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 02:04   #18246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
I've used the Delhi Airport Metro each time I've gone to Delhi, but haven't been there in a couple of years. How's the patronage these days? Will be going again in May. Remember it being almost empty early in the morning. Hope it's improved and more people are using it. And hope Bangalore gets our very own airport line as soon as possible.

Delhi or Bangalore, I'd opt for a metro or a bus any day over a crooked, sleepy cabbie, even if it means a little extra effort to get to and from the stop.
Why is a cabbie "crooked"?
Old 26th January 2020, 11:05   #18247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
I have now "perfected" the art of boldly taking a left from the middle Lane cutting off the bikes and even cars who are on the bus lane probably to take a left themselves.

Basically have been forced start doing something that I used to hate the other vehicles for before the bus lane came into the picture...
Behavior modification at work. Creating the people we curse with every breath must be a really enjoyable, well paying job. I'm guessing Bangalore has the biggest population of these "professionals", hats off to their dedication!
Old 27th January 2020, 11:49   #18248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Why is a cabbie "crooked"?
Enough people have had bad experiences with Bangalore cabbies, hence used the term. Of course it's a generalization, am sure there are some good guys driving cabs. But the majority are thuggish based on what I see everyday and also read in the news.

There's a whole thread on the forum:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...men-night.html (How safe are Uber/Ola for women at night)

Last edited by am1m : 27th January 2020 at 11:51.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 22:31   #18249
BHPian

The sorry state of Bangalore traffic, in a light-hearted manner.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1580144413223.jpg

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 27th January 2020 at 22:32.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 23:23   #18250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
The sorry state of Bangalore traffic, in a light-hearted manner.
Adding to that, random diggings by BWSSB for laying pipes of all sizes. Tomorrow, if I take the same road as today, I am not sure whether I will reach the destination. Never know which road is blocked & when.

BTW, Bangalore traffic has messed up Google's calculations. Picture this:
1) Suddenly Google congratulating me on completing 10Km walk. But I was driving on ORR.
2) Google routed me and against my best judgement decided to go with Google. But hit a dead-end since one side the divided road was blocked due to Whitetopping.

msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 23:51   #18251
BHPian

White topping is by far the biggest mess these babus have created in Bangalore. I've never seen a project so poorly planned and executed anywhere in India. And I feel saddened because among all other noisy protests such issues are not addressed which is actually affecting a common man.
Seeing the sorry state of Bangalore infrastructure I'm always reminded of plot of Bollywood movie Gabbar is Back and in my fantasy world I dream that such a plot was implemented here
Even if they want to do white topping they should issue a public notice well in advance before closure of roads and do it in phased maner instead of randomly closing it and causing a chaos.
Storm2.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 09:19   #18252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Depends on where you are headed to around Hebbal. If going towards Yelahanka, it is possible to take a right at Hennur junction (just before the traffic pile up starts) and reach Jakkur via Thanisandra junction. The map screenshot is attached. I myself take this route sometimes coming back home to Sahakarnagar.
I think there are no good options towards left of Hebbal (coming from Nagawara).
I am headed straight into Manyatha tech park where my office is .

I was experimenting when I came by bike to figure out the best route to take when I come by car. But even by bike, it sometimes makes no difference as even two wheelers also need some space to squeeze, right?

From what I have seen in recent times, in absolute peak hours and choked places, bikes, cars, trucks, cycles etc all reach their destinations at the same time. Exceptions are the bus priority lanes .
Old 28th January 2020, 09:43   #18253
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, what are the public transport options between C V Raman Nagar and the ORR-Sarjapur Road junction (landmark - Trinity Woods/Acres) ?
I'm guessing the best bet is one of the 500 series Volvo/regular BMTC buses from Tin Factory ?

Any buses from Old Airport side ?

Would be good to get bus numbers/series of both Volvo and regular BMTC from Tin Factory and the ones from HAL factory.

Last edited by NPV : 28th January 2020 at 09:45.
Old 28th January 2020, 10:18   #18254
Senior - BHPian

Is the Dairy Circle - Christ College Portion of Hosur Road White Topping completed? I thought I read somewhere that it was completed but not sure and do not want to risk using the route till someone confirms on the completion from the ground.
Old 28th January 2020, 10:51   #18255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Is the Dairy Circle - Christ College Portion of Hosur Road White Topping completed? I thought I read somewhere that it was completed but not sure and do not want to risk using the route till someone confirms on the completion from the ground.
They were supposed to open this up from yesterday (i.e. Jan 27th) - read that in the papers. Not sure whether this has happened though. Also, the opposite side of that road (leading to Dairy Circle) will now be closed for white topping, from what I understand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks