Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2021, 14:30   #18796
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
I am generally disappointed that we on this forum don't take any action collectively to solve any problem except complain. (including me)
What would you suggest? Any suggestions on actionable items would be worth discussing here and work out the feasibility.
Old 1st February 2021, 17:58   #18797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
I am generally disappointed that we on this forum don't take any action collectively to solve any problem except complain. (including me)
Agree somewhat. We take lot of time ranting but no support in pursuing any campaign, even just online like or retweeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Quote:
NICE Road toll will be the only Toll Road without Fast Tag from Jan 1st. Fastag sensors were installed 1 year back but no fastag implemented with huge serpentine Q at NICE toll Booths it's creating problem to bengalurians. Need to put pressure on Govt and Nice road owner Khenny to implement fastag. I have created hashtag with series of tweets, retweet, comment and make this popular so that it reaches people in govt #Niceroadneedfastag https://twitter.com/hashtag/NICEROADNEEDFASTAG?s=08
I have seen lot of people complain about problems of NICE road and traffic at toll. When i started the twitter campaign with #NiceRoadNeedFastag and asked to share and retweet. I did not see any like or retweet. Good that Khenny himself took note of my trolling and responded

Its was not affecting me much, i just use NICE road once or twice in a month, many here might be using daily when their office starts. But did not see any support at all.
shamanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 19:11   #18798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. Good that Khenny himself took note of my trolling and responded
Note that he has dumped the pending task on Govt. of Karnataka. Kheny is a chap who had filed a case against Govt. of Karnataka (basically against the Deve Gowda clan), won that case and even got a token compensation of a lakh. So he still will have some games in mind.

The entire NICE Road agreement is a gray area, with rumours that the whole agenda behind this road was some good money making by the builders and the politicians. It is because of this agreement that NHAI also does not have much say in the matter. This was like the L&T Byepass ++.
sachinpk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 21:38   #18799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The entire NICE Road agreement is a gray area, with rumours that the whole agenda behind this road was some good money making by the builders and the politicians.
It was named as BMIC (Bangalore Mysore Infra Corridor). I think the original plan may have been to make money all the way to Mysore .

In almost two decades they could not even complete the Bangalore part.
Old 2nd February 2021, 00:27   #18800
Senior - BHPian

Alternate routes for Kempegowda International Airport suggested by Bengaluru Traffic Police during Aero India 2021 (3 to 5 February). Information published by official Twitter account of DCP Traffic North - Sajeeth VJ (@DCPTrNorthBCP).
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ai1.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ai2.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ai3.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ai4.jpg  

airbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 01:38   #18801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
It was named as BMIC (Bangalore Mysore Infra Corridor). I think the original plan may have been to make money all the way to Mysore .
Well, this was a revolutionary project to bring 6 lane expressway 2 decades back when most people didn't even know what an expressway was. The current completed NICE road is a testimony to that. Integrated townships were to be built along the way to boost housing and rural economy.

Relations went sour between politicians and NICE management as the saying goes that a powerful politician and family owned land along the proposed stretch that had to be given up for this highway. So a case was made up against BMIC and since then the project went into a lot of legal hurdles and was shelved.

Besides this, influential people brought land on the current Bangalore Mysore road and we can see the current value of land in this stretch. With NICE road completion, business establishments here would have gone out of business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post

In almost two decades they could not even complete the Bangalore part.
The number of cases filed against BMIC must be more than the Kms of NICE road constructed. That explains the delay.
Maibaa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 19:10   #18802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Note that he has dumped the pending task on Govt. of Karnataka.
Yes, we all know about it. But what it got to do with Fastag implementation? From TBHP perspective it's to get FASTag implemented so that it eases waiting time on NiCE road toll Booths.

I tweeted Tejaswini surya, Yeddiurappa, Gaddkari and Khenny. But no one responded except Khenny saying ball is in Karnataka govt court. Also TOI had picked up my question and NICE officials response was same as Khenny. Now need to question someone in Govt what is the status.

Also Khenny has been member of both national parties.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 19:35   #18803
BHPian

Quote:
But what it got to do with Fastag implementation?
Not sure if it really works like this, so just a guess: If FasTag gets implemented, the toll collected goes to NHAI's kitty. This need to be credited to NICE, which is a private party "approved" by the state govt. The state govt does not have any control over the toll matters in NICE(as per the rulings/pending cases in court). So if the state govt approves this, then it is indirectly approving the NICE toll collection. Likely a catch-22 situation.

Can NHAI make agreement with NICE? May be possible, but the state may have a say on this.

I agree, for the normal road users, it does not matter what goes behind.

It needs a strong political will to fix this mess.

Last edited by bejoy : 2nd February 2021 at 19:43.
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 12:03   #18804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Can NHAI make agreement with NICE? May be possible, but the state may have a say on this.
Hyderabad ORR is maintained by HMDA which does not fall under NHAI, so money goes directly to HMDA, so I guess it should work like that for NICE also. NHAI might charge some commission i guess. Several state highways also started implementing fastag now.

And govt want to use fastag for paying parking fees in malls and cinema theater, paying at fuel pumps in future. Maybe this technology itself will change from RIFD to GPS based as indicated by Gadakari.

Now its stuck in KA govt giving go-ahead for whatever reason or govt is too busy with internal squabbles, etc. At least a statement by state-govt would have helped, instead of citizens wondering and asking NICE toll booth operator when fastag will start.

Also NICE has installed Hardware and Software of Fastag, don't think they would have spent money if they had not got some verbal go ahead. And ready to operationalize with in two weeks after approval.
shamanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 12:24   #18805
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone tried using the train to reach the airport? How was the experience? How long did it take from Majestic station and how frequent is the train itself? And the shuttles from the KIA Halt station to the airport?

(Thanks in advance for any replies.)
Old 10th February 2021, 12:19   #18806
Senior - BHPian

FasTag & NICE Road. Good report from Deccan Herald.
FasTag thread (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!).
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 16:30   #18807
BHPian

There was a news floating in local media[1] about the NICE road FasTag being operational from Feb 14th. Didn't see any reference or the same in any mainstream media.

[1] https://www.residentswatch.in/fastag...s-from-feb-14/

Quote:
FasTag & NICE Road. Good report from Deccan Herald.
FasTag thread (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!).
Ok, so it was as expected. Caught in red tape.
Old 10th February 2021, 17:13   #18808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Has anyone tried using the train to reach the airport? How was the experience? How long did it take from Majestic station and how frequent is the train itself? And the shuttles from the KIA Halt station to the airport?

(Thanks in advance for any replies.)
Takes around 1 hour in the morning and anywhere between 60 to 90 minutes in the evening. The shuttles are quite frequent. I did not have to wait since there was already a shuttle waiting once I exited the station. There was one more bus waiting as well. Takes around 30 minutes from the station to airport.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 17:49   #18809
Senior - BHPian

I see a lot of people posting traffic violations by govt vehicles esp police vehicles in Twitter, etc.
Usual standard response by the Bangalore traffic police is 'Noted, Violation will be raised'
However what I feel is that the violation is raised against the vehicle based on the regn number. The person who was driving the car will not be identified nor penalized. The owner of the vehicle ie. govt of Karnataka will have to pay the fines and it will ultimately be from our own taxes.
This is the primary reason for BMTC drivers to be so callous, no action is against them but on the department itself.
I wonder how much of our tax money is going into paying these fines. And if we can stop these twitteratis from adding to our tax burden.
Old 10th February 2021, 18:13   #18810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
The owner of the vehicle ie. govt of Karnataka will have to pay the fines and it will ultimately be from our own taxes.
This is the primary reason for BMTC drivers to be so callous, no action is against them but on the department itself.
BMTC's fines are recovered from the drivers' salaries. In general government does not pay PSU vehicles' dues (those are owned by the PSU in question, not the government).
binand is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks