Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Old 26th October 2021, 12:14   #19156
BHPian

Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Sorry two wheelers, I lost sympathy for you. Joy is the day it pours buckets that you are forced off road so I can discover the joy of driving in the city.
For two wheelers especially in Bangalore, its like will drive however we want, its four wheelers job to save their life.

Having driven in Hyderabad for 6 years, the rashness of bangalore Two-wheelers is nothing compared to other cities. Almost everyone ride in insane manner even ladies, almost feels like they think they are gladiators trying to survive, they dare you to hit them.

Having said that Hyderabad you might see people riding in wrong way in old city and all, but they are still mindful and not rash. Here in Bangalore even wrong side driving is high speed and rash.

And one thing which is helping Bangalore riders is Humps, in Hyderabad there are no humps so two wheelers are bit fearful of speeding cars and roads are wider, but in bangalore there are so many humps every 100 mts, it wont let cars speed and two wheelers play the game.

2018 when i shifted back to bangalore, it was difficult to get driving, cars were driving couple of inches apart, while in hyderabad it was couple of feet distance.

I myself ride two of my two wheelers, but the way two wheelers ride in Bangalore, its suicidal. Car drivers have to save them from accidents.
shamanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 12:16   #19157
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

Btw, what's with Google Maps these days, that it shows a regular traffic / ETA when you begin your journey and "adjust" estimates only when you are close to such problem spots?
Nothing new (IMO) - that's always my experience with GMaps around traffic heavy locations in Bangalore and Mumbai (haven't experienced in other cities/locations). For example, for an important meeting back in 2019, GMaps told me ~70 mins at 9.00 am departure for 11 am meeting. By the time I reached the destination (Marathalli), it was 11:15 am.

Multiple times from my office in Dadar (Mumbai) to my home in Powai would show about ~1 hour time when I leave office. Realistically it would vary from 50 mins to 2 hours depending on my luck and traffic that day.

Most Viewed