Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2021, 21:12   #19171
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Alert to fellow bhpians planning to travel on whitefield-hoodi road. There is severe waterlogging between Manipal hospital and Hoodi circle. In some places water has risen above the footpath height and I can see few autos and hatchbacks stalled and possibly engine seized. Avoid this road till rain stops and water recedes..I am stuck with my car parked on a footpath for the past 30 mins.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20211104_210718.jpg
nagr22 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 07:50   #19172
BHPian

Are vehicles from other states still being harassed by traffic cops looking for easy money?
Old 5th November 2021, 07:56   #19173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
Are vehicles from other states still being harassed by traffic cops looking for easy money?
Yes of course. Even yesterday on the Ringroad, saw a lone cop catching KL and TN vehicles.

No drives happening though.
wildsdi5530 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 08:06   #19174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Yes of course. Even yesterday on the Ringroad, saw a lone cop catching KL and TN vehicles.

No drives happening though.
So they still don't go by the one year rule ? Can't we show the toll or fuel receipts to show the car has been in another state with in the last one year ?
Old 5th November 2021, 09:26   #19175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
So they still don't go by the one year rule ? Can't we show the toll or fuel receipts to show the car has been in another state with in the last one year ?
Oh they're not concerned about that. They're just targeting these vehicles on random pretenses for easy money. I've been stopped in spite of committing no offense atleast a dozen times. One even went so far as to say pay 500 bucks and show the receipt for today at other stops, tomorrow pay another 500 bucks and so on with a nasty smile.
hrk997 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 09:30   #19176
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
Avoid this road till rain stops and water recedes..I am stuck with my car parked on a footpath for the past 30 mins.
Hope you made it out of the flooded section safely ?

In an earlier job, my office was located at Prestige Shantiniketan and I have experienced couple of scary situations due to heavy rain, most times the storm water drains along the road are clogged.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 10:12   #19177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
There is severe waterlogging....
I was once caught in a similar situation. Because of recent road and drainage revamping works, a drain opening was clogged by debris. Water rose rapidly up to the seats in the car. within an hour. And it came down just as quickly when the debris was cleared.

Quote:
...my car parked on a footpath....
Once I saw an Alto parked on a footpath. When its front wheels passed over, the concrete slab broke. Now the car was stuck in that position with a broken slab between its front and rear wheels.
Even if trying to save the car from water logging, please be mindful about the strength of the concrete slabs.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 08:00   #19178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Nagwara flyover is one way again today. So Jam just in front of Adishakthi Tata motors. Not sure of the reason though.
Big jam on the newly opened flyover: they have blocked off part of the flyover (I suspect for white topping), they have blocked off part of the road where one comes out of the flyover (and before Courtyard Marriott). On Friday night, I got stuck there at about 9:30pm and it took 20-25 min to cross the flyover.

Saw a similar jam on Saturday night, luckily I was on the other side. On this side (Hebbal to KR Puram), they have also blocked off half the flyover. It was late at night, so I could go through smoothly - the other side was fully jammed.

Travellers between Hebbal and KR Puram, looks like both sides are going to be painful at this part.
Old 7th November 2021, 14:13   #19179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
If I were the accountable person or department, I would hand my head in shame, fall on the ground before them and seek their forgiveness after hearing about this development - not the deadening silence they are maintaining now
Yeah, I stay on Kasavanahali road and it has been a pathetic response by the BBMP in the last two to three years. Things have only gone from bad to worse and now the residents have formed a group to take care of such things.
We are all waiting for the corporators to come for votes!!
Krish
Old 7th November 2021, 17:52   #19180
BHPian

As expected, Bangalore traffic cops were over joyed to see a TN vehicle. I was stopped thrice in an hour at different points. The third cop followed me through a traffic stop to pull me over, after which he told my number plate was not okay, a number plate that hasn't been complained about once in the 6 years since we bought it. He took my license and I was arguing when the traffic started moving again and he told me to move over left in the next road. This was pure harassment in an attempt to get some easy cash and I had had enough in one day. He told if I had a receipt of paying a fine at the previous two check points, he would let me go. I had talked my way out of both situations and I intended to do so now as well, except there was traffic and I had to move. I had not committed any traffic offence at any of these three points. As I started moving, the next cop along the junction told me to move without knowing the previous cop had asked me to stop. I moved along since there was traffic behind me. I also did not have any pending offences, ever. However, this traffic cop has the photocopy of my license. I have not found any offences yet in the government portal but strongly suspect a high possibility of any number of random offences registered by theseWatchr corrupt scamming trash cops. I intended to contest whatever fines may be levied.

I am a citizen of this country, not an egg laying golden goose for so called traffic "police" to collect easy money from just because I traveled to this city from a place four hours away.
hrk997 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 18:05   #19181
BHPian

Can someone please confirm if we have 4 wheeler parking at Shantinagar BMTC Bus Stand? Google shows a pay and park option, thought of confirming.
Old 7th November 2021, 18:27   #19182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Can someone please confirm if we have 4 wheeler parking at Shantinagar BMTC Bus Stand? Google shows a pay and park option, thought of confirming.
There is a a 4 wheeler parking facility. Pass the traffic lights where you would turn left for the bus stand. Shortly after that enter the complex at the next entrance and the entrance is towards the right. First few floors have a lot of abandoned taxis!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 10:01   #19183
BHPian

Not sure if this is posted already, today while coming to office, Electronic City, one can drive straight now. No need to take left turn to Saint John's Hospital and use Madiwala road. I did not notice the sign and followed the Madiwala rotue.
yajaman99 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 10:58   #19184
Distinguished - BHPian

Encountered an amazing amount of traffic today on the Yelahanka - Jalahalli - Tumkur Road stretch this morning. Rain combined with damaged roads, schools opened with their buses plus parents desperate to drop off their kids on time. People riding/driving like crazy now that they have survived COVID-19.

Please budget extra time during school drop/pick-up slots.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 11:33   #19185
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

With all educational institutions reopening for offline/in campus classes (children below 18 are most vulnerable without vaccination but can't avoid since it's a mandate), traffic is getting back to the pre-pandemic levels - it's a confluence of rain battered and infrastructure work in progress sections, bad drivers, what have you, the craziness on the roads is well and truly back with a bang. Saving grace right now is that not all offices/IT companies have yet reverted to work from office but that doesn't seem too far away.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed