Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2022, 22:35   #19396
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
My bad. I was wrong about the below:
Thanks for confirming, I travel on this route frequently and was wondering how I missed it, so I was going to keep an eye out when I head out that side later this week.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 11:31   #19397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Sunday is weekend curfew. So any travel as such will require proof. Hence, please carry proof of train travel.

Likewise, carry proof of flight booking and you will be allowed to travel.
My concern is returning from airport, because I will be alone and the flight booking obviously is not in my name.
Old 13th January 2022, 11:33   #19398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
My concern is returning from airport, because I will be alone and the flight booking obviously is not in my name.
You will have the text message for the toll paid during the onward journey. You may also keep a PDF of the air travel handy. I don't think the cops will be unfair and assume you went on a joyride during a weekend curfew and that you randomly managed to get e-ticket of someone traveling on the same date.
Old 14th January 2022, 09:20   #19399
Distinguished - BHPian

Idiotic idea from BTP:
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/88884484.cms

Either create a strictly enforced "no-entering-unless-your-exit-is-clear" yellow hatched area, else don't paint these useless lines all over the junction.

Cabbies will think this is for them to socially distance when in traffic.

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th January 2022 at 09:23.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 10:15   #19400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Idiotic idea from BTP:
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/88884484.cms

Either create a strictly enforced "no-entering-unless-your-exit-is-clear" yellow hatched area, else don't paint these useless lines all over the junction.

Cabbies will think this is for them to socially distance when in traffic.
This whole zero tolerance thing is an absolute joke and we Bangaloreans know it very well how serious our cops are about it or the motorists as well. I have on earlier occasions posted multiple videos where autos and cabs are seen happily parked on these yellow diamonds even at some of the most prominent junctions in the CBD areas. Forget suburbs where you may spot a Police jeep parked right there all the times.

I also pity the scribe who enthusiastically publishes this with heavy wordings like "The brand new yellow criss cross markings at the circle ensure smooth traffic flow; also, a reminder that one should not violate traffic rules".

Sorry to post like a complete pessimist but those who have seen this know why I am posting this way.

For a record, this junction in the video is also one such ZERO TOLERANCE junction and the building next to the board is Yelahanka Traffic Police station. Just look at the way rules are broken here so comfortably:

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th January 2022 at 10:16.
paragsachania is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 12:24   #19401
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, need help with route suggestions for a destination in an area I'm unfamiliar with.

I will start from near C V Raman Nagar/Indirangar and my destination is on Ullal Main Road. Gmaps is suggesting taking the regular Mysore Road via the city CBD area and then going inside Bangalore University Campus (right turn from Mysore Road- is this allowed ?) and then turning to Ullal Main Road.

I will need to reach the place by 7am on a Sunday, so I'm assuming I will need to start at 5:45am ?
Is this the best route for me ?

Last edited by NPV : 15th January 2022 at 12:30.
Old 15th January 2022, 15:41   #19402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I will need to reach the place by 7am on a Sunday, so I'm assuming I will need to start at 5:45am ?
I think on a Sunday early morning you do that in half the time. Hence instead of 75 minutes I believe 35 minutes is more than sufficient unless you are driving really slow. I would prefer taking right into the Outer ring road at Nayandahalli for an easier journey instead of Bangalore Uni, even though that is open and there are no restrictions.

Last edited by audioholic : 15th January 2022 at 15:42.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 16:16   #19403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
At 7:00 in the morning on a Sunday I would just go through the City. On a weekday leaving at 6:30 in the
Morning it consistently takes me under 20mins to teach the Residency road flyover if I take Old Airport road from Rahat Baug, C V Raman Nagar.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 09:54   #19404
Senior - BHPian

And the saga continues

Haralur Road underpass will become useless within years: Residents' groups.

Quote:
But a federation of citizens’ groups — Bellandur Development Forum, Iblur Environs Trust, Kasavanahalli Development Forum, and Bellandur Forum — says the idea is “deeply flawed” and will only bring misery to vehicle users.

To begin with, the underpass will reduce the already narrow carriageway on the main road. Second, it will further choke the Iblur Junction. Third, it will directly come in the way of the proposed Iblur-Carmelaram metro line along the Outer Ring Road.

Mukund Kumar of Iblur Environs Trust said the underpass would have to be demolished for the construction of the Carmelram metro line. “The only thing that this underpass will do is it will greatly hassle the general public for two years (during the course of its construction) and for another year or two when it would have to be demolished for the metro.”
airbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 17:48   #19405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Harlur Road and pretty much the entire Bellandur/ Sarjapur area has become a travesty and a classic case study in sheer mismanagement of developmental authorities. The instances of non-existent planning, lack of foresight, wasteful expenditure and misery of residents and commuters are so numerous that it is futile to event try and tabulate them. There is also no sign of things getting better any time soon.

I thank my stars every time I hear such news that I do not live in this part of town nor do I need to commute there for work. The only reason I visit this area is to call on some friends every once in a while, and each time I come back frustrated at the road infrastructure or rather, the lack thereof.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 09:30   #19406
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
NBTL Flyover to remain closed till Jan 14
Latest update with no specific date:

Tumakuru Road flyover to stay shut longer

Quote:
A team of experts from the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) who inspected the Goraguntepalya flyover on Tumakuru Road, which has been closed for repairs since December 25, said it may remain shut for a while longer
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 10:06   #19407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Latest update with no specific date:
Given the sort of abuse these structures take in our country, I just hope there is no drastic issue with the flyover. I had read somewhere that these structures are not meant for static loads and yet we have traffic jams on flyovers with all sorts of loads and overloads.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 10:17   #19408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I had read somewhere that these structures are not meant for static loads and yet we have traffic jams on flyovers with all sorts of loads and overloads.
Trust me I too had read this when we would travel to Bellandur and our office bus would stand still on the descent ramp of ORR merging with Old Madras road before Tin Factory from Hebbal side.

Take most of the flyovers in Bangalore and we seem to witness this trend quite consistently:
  • Getting stuck from midway on the BETL flyover all the way till the descent before silkboard at evenings remains a normal affair since a decade now
  • On a typical busy evening or a manic Sunday evening, NBTL flyover witnesses regular jams 1.5 km before descent
  • Crawling and getting shook while heading towards the city on Hebbal flyover is an experience in itself
  • Needless to say, we have had a unique benchmark couple of years back when Richmond circle flyover had a signal in between for traffic crossing in either directions
Basically the definition in Bangalore for fly "over" is that your smooth flight on free and open roads gets over when you get onto a flyover .

Last edited by paragsachania : 21st January 2022 at 10:32.
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 10:33   #19409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...Crawling and getting shook...
First time it happened to me on KR Market floyover towards Town Hall, I thought my car was misfiring.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 08:50   #19410
BHPian

Is it a wise idea to take the Varthur-Whitefield-Budigere road to the airport? I used to take this road before the corona. Despite speed bumps, the ride was peaceful. But off late, there used to be widening and repairs going on (other side of Madras road). Also, since Covid, ORR does not have crazy traffic anymore.

Please suggest if anyone has taken this road recently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks