Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2022, 18:22   #19681
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
A lot of Cabbies have the 'Live to Drive' Team-BHP sticker on their bumper.

I want to vandalise the sticker and make it 'Learn to Drive'
May be get a bunch of "Drive to Live" stickers and each time you see one at LTD sticker, stick these on top of the LTD sticker. It will reflect the truth, and they mostly will not understand the difference.

It may even start a new trend
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 20:42   #19682

Kundalahalli underpass is finally open. Traffic seems to be much smoother now. Real test will be peak weekday traffic. Let's see how it works out.
scenario7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 21:09   #19683
BHPian

Some fun antics by two wheelers near Attibele Junction. The third came from no where, when he found that, the other two found a gap.

chaitanyakrish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 09:26   #19684
Distinguished - BHPian

As part of the PM visit tomorrow, there is a full-fledged rehearsal being carried out of all the security protocols.

Add important competitive exams being held across BLR + the IND-SA T20 match + possible rain as well.

Expecting mayhem today!

Last edited by itwasntme : 19th June 2022 at 09:28.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 10:13   #19685
Senior - BHPian

Ouch. I’ve to take my son for one of his competitive exams in the afternoon. I’m hoping they close whatever they need to before that.
Old 20th June 2022, 18:55   #19686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenario7 View Post
Kundalahalli underpass is finally open. Traffic seems to be much smoother now. Real test will be peak weekday traffic. Let's see how it works out.
It was a butter smooth ride from HAL side to Varthur circle for me today. Traffic opened up after Sankara Eye hospital and the situation on the other side was also pretty good. Until last week, it was usual for traffic to backed up 1-1.5 km on the eastbound side from Whitefield to Marathahalli starting at Kundalahalli junction.

Fingers crossed that this was not a one off and the traffic flow remains smooth over the long term
curiousElf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 11:50   #19687
Distinguished - BHPian

STRR update

https://swarajyamag.com/infrastructu...ns-around-city

This STRR will really relieve truck traffic on the existing ORR. I recently drove on NH648 (will be renamed as STRR) from Dabaspete to Doddaballapura, and the completed sections are equal to the Chitradurga Bypass .

The Devanahalli to Hoskote stretch is also well under progress. Huge benefits to those planning to bypass BLR.

Also glad to hear they are finally planning to upgrade Nelamangla to Tumkur. That 30 odd kilometres are a nightmare.
itwasntme is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 21:53   #19688
Team-BHP Support

Today KIAL to Richmond Circle during pealk timings took only 1 hour! A miracle!
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 22:17   #19689
Team-BHP Support

Not been out for a few days. Have any of the roads used by the dignitary cavalcade been relaid? That's the only way roads in Bangalore (ones that don't get white-topping privileges) seem to get proper repairs these days.

I'd noticed a stretch of KIAL-bound carriageway near Hebbal getting a quick overnight touch-up the day before Ms. Sitharaman was due for a visit recently.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:26   #19690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Not been out for a few days. Have any of the roads used by the dignitary cavalcade been relaid? That's the only way roads in Bangalore (ones that don't get white-topping privileges) seem to get proper repairs these days.
Yes, about 14 kms of it at a cost of Rs.23C - Ballari Road, Tumakuru Road, Mysuru Road, Bengaluru University road, Komaghatta road and others, through which The Dignitary travelled.

The Special Commissioner of Projects, BBMP was proud of this achievement; while claiming that Bangalore has only ~1600 potholes to repair! (I can count as much just in KRPuram)
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:49   #19691
BHPian

I had a shocking revelation moment yesterday evening on the ORR. It's been months since I last rode towards Manyata from Hebbal, took this stretch yesterday since I had some work. As soon as I crossed the church on the left, something was amiss. To my utter shock, all the big trees on the main road pathway as well as on the service road have been cut and removed, for the entire 1 km stretch till Nagawara bridge, a total of 100 trees on both sides must have been cut.

It was a beautiful piece of stretch earlier, I am surprised I didn't hear about this anywhere, why would they do this.
FURY_44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 12:31   #19692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
To my utter shock, all the big trees on the main road pathway as well as on the service road have been cut and removed, for the entire 1 km stretch till Nagawara bridge, a total of 100 trees on both sides must have been cut.
This has happened on the entire ORR stretch. Silk Board is world-famous long waits at the junction, But was also a beautiful stretch, lined by trees. This was how it looked towards HSR. Now gone.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-cherryblossom2naveenntpcropped15839945381.jpg

Name:  navbharattimes1.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  66.6 KB
msdivy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 21:19   #19693
Senior - BHPian

I had an issue with my iPhone overheating in Bangalore traffic. This in an AC car, my phone was on the passenger seat connected to CarPlay. This has happened in Chennai, other hot places. But Bangalore has always been relatively cooler. Anyone else experienced this in their cars?

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-b069820acf124591bd107c45f69910ef.png
Old 22nd June 2022, 22:31   #19694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I had an issue with my iPhone overheating in Bangalore traffic. This in an AC car, my phone was on the passenger seat connected to CarPlay. This has happened in Chennai, other hot places. But Bangalore has always been relatively cooler. Anyone else experienced this in their cars?
I had my iPhone 7 give the same status, a couple of times, while using GPS for navigation with phone hunting for network! This was in the past (few years ago) and havent come across in the recent times.
Old 23rd June 2022, 15:21   #19695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
The Special Commissioner of Projects, BBMP was proud of this achievement;
Just read that article on BM and while I thought rationally I accepted the attitude of these jokers, surprised at how angry I got when reading their statements to the press. They are not even pretending to hide the fact that all they care about are the "vips"- us citizens and residents of the city who actually pay for all this (and their salaries!) can go to hell! If they can get their act together and mobilize 23cr and manpower to make all this happen in one day, why do we tax payers get such bad roads and wait forever for repairs?!

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/92370653.cms

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
But was also a beautiful stretch, lined by trees. This was how it looked towards HSR.
Oh my god, that's beautiful! Which year was this?

Last edited by am1m : 23rd June 2022 at 15:28.
am1m is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks