Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2022, 18:19   #20101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
Ecospace and PTP should never have been built on these areas , atleast not to this level.
Really? They do not think so

From their website:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot-20220906-181634.jpg

Quote:
Ecospace is a historic 12-year-old eco-friendly building in new Central Business District of Bangalore - Outer Ring Road, strategically located at the confluence of Sarjapur and Marathalli road. One of the city’s most well-known landmark properties, this green building project transforms the modern office spaces with a myriad of green features to minimize the impact on the precious resources and ensures safe spaces.

RMZ Ecospace with eco friendly building designs, is LEED Gold Rated and IWBI certified, which makes it one of the best green building projects in Bangalore that is all set to define the real estate of India.
Guess who helmed the organization that built this project, your head will spin.
balenoed_ is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 18:31   #20102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
One out of 3 car was stuck. Saw a BMW too stuck and I am not sure what consequences he has to face now. Once crossed, there was pile up of vehicle which weren't starting. I have no clue when those people on the other side will ever make it. So sorry for all who are caught in this.
Man that was quite an adventure! Seems like people in Bangalore should only drive the Thars and Force Gurkhas with snorkel attached. Even when is it not raining, I have read Bangalore roads are worst.
yashg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 18:49   #20103
BHPian

Some intense thunderstorms and it is pouring in and around bellandur. Please do not venture out tomorrow also.. It is going to be mayhem.
etrast75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 18:50   #20104
Distinguished - BHPian

Ominous rumblings in the North, and I don't mean because of the Chicken Chukka I rashly gorged on for lunch.

Looks like rain in the way!
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 18:54   #20105
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

It is pouring nicely in HSR. And the power also has gone.
Scattered thunderstorms and heavy rainfall is predicted most of the night.
Now am I glad that I had some serious tree trimming done today around the house.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 19:10   #20106
BHPian

I have a bit of unrelated question but would really appreciate the views of fellow bhpians
Had a long delayed plan to travel to wayanad -vythri from bangalore-marathahalli this Friday, people who know of this route , can you please share if it's advisable , manageable or absolutely needs to be avoided , I really don't want to postpone this trip so really looking for inputs
Thanks in advance
Old 6th September 2022, 19:14   #20107
BHPian

It is pouring cats and dogs again now. There is no respite. Any updates from members who used ORR today, what is the situation? There is no flooding in my area and traffic is very scant. How is it in Bellandur now? I might have to cross it tomorrow.
Old 6th September 2022, 19:16   #20108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
I have a bit of unrelated question but would really appreciate the views of fellow bhpians
Had a long delayed plan to travel to wayanad -vythri from bangalore-marathahalli this Friday, people who know of this route , can you please share if it's advisable , manageable or absolutely needs to be avoided , I really don't want to postpone this trip so really looking for inputs
Thanks in advance
Just go on sir.

If possible, prepone by a day or two and give yourself a break from this rain at the earliest.

I know several people who have gone to KL today, owing to the festive season and it is absolutely doable. Friday is 3 days away. Check back the status on Thursday evening. If ORR is blocked, there are other ways to exit the city. And there is no issues on the highway as well. No worries.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 19:17   #20109
BHPian

Absolutely pouring it down near Bellandur. Water already ankle height on ORR near ibblur
Old 6th September 2022, 19:17   #20110
BHPian

Quote:
Had a long delayed plan to travel to wayanad -vythri from bangalore-marathahalli this Friday
Check this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...bangalore.html (Travel Therapy - Road Trip to Wayanad from Bangalore)

It says road condition is excellent throughout.
fordday is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 19:17   #20111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Just go on sir.
If possible, prepone by a day or two and give yourself a break from this rain at the earliest.

I know several people who have gone to KL today, owing to the festive season and it is absolutely doable. Friday is 3 days away. Check back the status on Thursday evening. If ORR is blocked, there are other ways to exit the city. And there is no issues on the highway as well. No worries.

You sir just bolstered my travel spirits , many thanks
hungrygamer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 19:36   #20112
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, RED rain alert is issued for North Kerala districts including Wayanad. Please keep an eye on these advisories and make a call only if it is safe.
While routes from BLR to KL may be safe, there could be possible disruptions within KL based on rain situation.
MSAneesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 19:54   #20113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
While routes from BLR to KL may be safe, there could be possible disruptions within KL based on rain situation.
Thanks Aneesh will keep in mind and reach out to the resort in vythri where I am planning to go
Old 6th September 2022, 20:22   #20114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Meanwhile, RED rain alert is issued for North Kerala districts including Wayanad. Please keep an eye on these advisories and make a call only if it is safe.
+1. My colleagues travelled to Kollam last weekend for Onam and yesterday they were unable to stay logged in after 4PM as there was no power till today early morning. Apparently there's a red alert there. So please do check the situation before heading out. I drove down in 2019 to wayanad around June and was lucky enough to escape landslides which happened just after we returned.

Weather forecast shows almost 100% precipitation.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-capture.jpg

Last edited by SoumenD : 6th September 2022 at 20:30.
Old 6th September 2022, 20:44   #20115
BHPian

The future seems bleak too with there being no bidders for the peripheral ring road across two rounds of bidding.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le65845137.ece

Most Viewed