Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2022, 18:45   #20296
BHPian

Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Thanks, any idea if Yeshwantpur to Mekhri Circle via CV Raman Road is open?
Traffic from CNR Rao Underpass->Yeshwathpur is stopped and that lane is used for the Yeshwanthpur->Mekhri traffic.

traffic from Yeshwanthpur->CNR Rao underpass is open.
CNR Rao -> Sadashivnagar Police Station-> Mekhri is open.

In addition, the Circle Maramma also is undergoing white topping and the traffic from Circle Maramma->BHEL/CNR Rao is blocked.

This was on 29th Sept.
whitewing is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 21:04   #20297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
In the age of current inflation pressure the general public is surviving I donít know how many can afford to cough up additional 3k + taxes for this service
For some people, inflation isnt in their dictionary. One dinner + drinks for even the couple would cost that much, or more. So what's the damage to the picket in taking a chopper to the airport? Travel cost - 3k. Bragging rights ? .. priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The normal Airport Taxi costs about 1800.
So frankly if the helicopter is going to cost around 5000/- its not bad!
Shankar, you missed the cost of the cab to the old airport . Even if one were to take the metro when it is ready, the metro ride wouldnt be easy - space, luggage restrictions, travel time ..

This service would help the head/senior honchos of corporates, me thinks. Not the common man.
Old 3rd October 2022, 08:43   #20298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
This service would help the head/senior honchos of corporates, me thinks. Not the common man.
A couple of years ago, a similar service was launched by IIRC, thumby aviation.They had planned the pilot phase from E-City to BIAL with a similar price point.
Their plan was to send the luggage via road, while the passenger would fly into BIAL, not sure how the check-in logistics would have worked out.

That seems to have met a quite burial. But, if VIPs take up this mode, with a helipad in the vicinity of Raj Bhavan, this would spare some pain of VIP visits to normal folks.
whitewing is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 08:58   #20299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
A was launched by IIRC, thumby aviation..
As an aside, Thumby Aviation has a connection to the Embassy Group - Lord K J G. OBE (Order of the Bangalore Empire)

Last edited by shankar.balan : 3rd October 2022 at 09:02.
shankar.balan is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 10:27   #20300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
But, if VIPs take up this mode, with a helipad in the vicinity of Raj Bhavan, this would spare some pain of VIP visits to normal folks.
They could do it that way anyway - there would be a few helicopters at their disposal - they don't need to wait for a flying shuttle service.

Last edited by airguitar : 3rd October 2022 at 10:28.
Old 3rd October 2022, 23:33   #20301
BHPian

Rant 1 - why Palace Ground is still open for events? The line of cars wanting to enter from Bellary road caused a kilometre long (possibly more) traffic jam, causing a 20 to 30 minute delay. At about 10:30 PM. Happened on 1st October.

Rant 2 - why don't I get a super power to shoot down (only for righteous cases) idiots called car drivers? I was on the right most lane with indicators on to take a U Turn. And, these idiots coming from left lane kept pushing me and cutting into my lane. Or am I the only idiot? Possibly. One should be an idiot of the top order to try and have civic sense in India. Again, happened on 1st October.

The drive from Uttarahalli to Airport took 2 hour 40 minutes Rain, ill planned junctions, a disaster of a ring road from Goragunte Palya to Nagashettihalli cross and a U Turn at this spot, all adding to the misery. The return journey took about half hour less. Thankfully, I planned for dinner on the way before hitting traffic.

Seriously, namma ooru missed such a good opportunity to be planned well. Had metro lines been planned and built instead of ORRs, or along with ORRs, and to the airport, our city would have been heaven.
theabstractmind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 09:48   #20302
BHPian

I am sure this is a regular rant but - What is wrong with the Attibele toll?. I just completed a round trip to Rameshwaram. Left at 6am in the morning and spent nearly 40 mins at the toll. Lines were atleast 2 kms long and upon reaching closer to the gates, I saw a lot of manual intervention by the operators.
For all the other tolls on the highway, I never had to stop, just slow down and get moving again. But at the Attibele toll, I had to be stationary for about 15 seconds before the gates opened up. Is it because they are making sure that the money is in their bank account before opening up the gates?
Even while coming back, there were about 10 cars in the line and still took about 10 mins to go through. We could clearly see the operators regularly getting up and simply leaving to be replaced by another one for almost every car.
This really rubs salts on the wounds of the already battered Bangalore commuters. The one somewhat decent piece of the road in the city is totally ruined by the ineffencies of the toll gates.
Old 5th October 2022, 10:36   #20303
Senior - BHPian

Ditto - What's with the Attibele toll? I am always convinced that there is a very deliberate attempt to do something, but what is that 'something' and what's in it for whom? But, something surely fishy with that toll.

Again, not a Bangalore traffic rant, but I wonder why the RTO guys still have those dviations/stones/ etc..they put during Covid times still in existence? Its such a pain at the border. Why can't they just get rid of that check post? Or atleast, keep those roads clear.

Most Viewed