Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2022, 21:56   #20311
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

The icing on the Attibele cake is ....

The trapezoidal 'speed breakers' installed by BBMP between Silkboard and Attibele. If they had their way, they would've installed it all the way till Kanyakumari.

On long weekends, it's a given that there will be huge jams at Attibele, crossing from TN into KA. What happens once a person clenches his teeth and comes out of the jam ?

The mortal fear of getting rear ended. Rear ended by the pack of wolves who, after getting released from the jam, chase anything in front of them, because they think saving 10 minutes over the last 10-15km to their homes, matters, after being on the road for 8 hours.

It's like suffering a clogged artery near the heart, getting through the painful surgery where it is eventually unclogged, and then once back to consciousness, immediately being shown a horror movie that will increase your heartrate.
venkyhere is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 06:10   #20312
Distinguished - BHPian

Kundanahalli Underpass partially caves in.

https://www.indiatoday.in/cities/ben...140-2022-10-09
itwasntme is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 08:54   #20313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Kundanahalli Underpass partially caves in.

https://www.indiatoday.in/cities/ben...140-2022-10-09
Road tax put to good use it seems.
This just seems like the BBMP sitting and laughing at us common folk like "Haha, not only did steal a lot of money while building it for a good 4 years, now we get to fill our coffers even more by asking some few hundred crores for repairing it".
ShreyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 10:00   #20314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
On long weekends, it's a given that there will be huge jams at Attibele, crossing from TN into KA.
Those are massive jams. Yesterday it was few kms long queue before the Attibele toll while going towards Bangalore. GMaps showed a congestion of 43 mins just to cross the toll. Luckily I took the service road and could cover this 2km in 20 odd mins. No wonder people feels like celebrating their 'freedom'!

On a similar note, I have been experiencing increased road rage events in the past few months. Patience and tolerance seem to be evaporating.

Yesterday, a Honda City was growing impatient just to overtake the traffic and move ahead. At one spot he braked really hard upon spotting a trapezoid on the road.

Again yesterday near Agara, a Dzire cab was pissed off when I changed my lane (he was almost 50m behind and the lane was empty). He overtook me in the next 100m almost crashing in my driver side and then showed the middle finger after his victory.

And the best one. Two weeks ago at Yemalur junction, I was waiting in the first line on the right most lane, waiting for the green light so I could turn right towards Marathahalli bridge. I had my indicator on as well. A guy on scooter comes and halts on my right just beside the driver door. The light turns green, I start moving. The scooter guy then starts, cuts me and goes LEFT. I honk as he would have crashed into my fender or bumper. He halts in front of my car, looks back and shouts something and then goes away left. My wife seated beside, was left shocked that such brainless jerks can be found on the road as well.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 11:05   #20315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
On a similar note, I have been experiencing increased road rage events in the past few months. Patience and tolerance seem to be evaporating.
Two years of Covid related lockdown has meant that most of us have forgotten what it used to mean to live with Bangalore traffic on a daily basis. We are having to relearn this, similar to having to 'learn' how to return to office.

As more and more people are returning to the city, offices insisting on at least 3 days of WFO, and with the private vehicle usage/purchases, I fear the worst is still to come.
ACe_10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 11:13   #20316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACe_10 View Post
Two years of Covid related lockdown has meant that most of us have forgotten what it used to mean to live with Bangalore traffic on a daily basis. We are having to relearn this, similar to having to 'learn' how to return to office.

As more and more people are returning to the city, offices insisting on at least 3 days of WFO, and with the private vehicle usage/purchases, I fear the worst is still to come.
I agree. However, I am yet to step out on working days or peak work hours. The three incidents I shared are on weekends and that too, non-peak traffic hours (3 pm on a Sunday afternoon). For cab driver who is always operating in all traffic conditions, I expect them to be more tolerant, resilient and sane drivers.

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th October 2022 at 11:23.
Old 10th October 2022, 12:23   #20317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The scooter guy then starts, cuts me and goes LEFT. I honk as he would have crashed into my fender or bumper. He halts in front of my car, looks back and shouts something and then goes away left. My wife seated beside, was left shocked that such brainless jerks can be found on the road as well.
Brainless jerks can *also* exist on the roads ? Roads have the most of them. Where did you see the other BLJs ? Agree that I see these type of road stupidities on Sunday afternoons too - when things are typically at the most relaxed.

Btw, it is really bad post-covid - not just the temper but the tearing hurry that everyone is in for nothing, including the 10 minute grocery, dosa/idly/roti/curry and condom delivery types. They are putting their lives at risk for arguably trivial purposes and others' too. The white-collared "executives" ( and many of them serving egos and other trivial purposes at work too) aren't faring any better either, scrolling twitter timelines or whatsapp messages when driving. I noticed one moron with an over-ears-big-headphones and mic doing his office call or whatever when he was driving - what does he hear from the road ? Hearing is such an important part of driving and as it is most cars filter most of the road noise these days ( low NVH record breakers ) and on top of it if you add this then you are a highly-educated, highly-paid, living hazard on the road.

I'm really looking for the Diwali week when the city of Bangalore will suddenly become uninhabited - what a great time to go round the city and reimagine the 90s.

Last edited by airguitar : 10th October 2022 at 12:32.
airguitar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 12:27   #20318
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Brainless jerks can *also* exist on the roads ? Roads have the most of them. Where did you see the other BLJs ?

I noticed one moron with an over-ears-big-headphones and mic doing his office call or whatever when he was driving - what does he hear from the road ? Hearing is such an important part of driving and as it is most cars filter most of the road noise these days ( low NVH record breakers ) and on top of it if you add this then you are a highly-educated, highly-paid, living hazard on the road.

I'm really looking for the Diwali week when the city of Bangalore will suddenly become uninhabited - what a great time to go round the city and reimagine the 90s.
OT: General post.

This problem with drivers and riders wearing earphones and driving/ riding, is a serious thing. At times, they can’t even hear one, despite one having pressed the horn a few times. I think this also applies to the walkers and marathon runners and cyclists who use public roads and non existent pathways while listening to music on their headphones.

This is basically a dangerous practice and it would be good to create more awareness around it.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 15:39   #20319
BHPian

I find the Swiggy / Zomato drivers of Yulu vehicles most annoying. They do not make any sound and just dart in and out of traffic gaps which is worse than the Mohawk or odd hairstyle local gladiators on their two wheelers. These silent assasins just dart in those warriors have an engine to make some annoying noise to warn of their equally annoying road presence and traffic mannerisms.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 17:09   #20320
Senior - BHPian

Not a very special rant. Today (Monday; 10th Oct 22) there seemed to be more vehicle inflow into the city during morning hours. Most likely the folks returning into the city after the holidays.

The toll booths at elevated highway (at Veerasandra) had a longer line. And there was also the mandatory moron (a Taxi Driver of a KA01 H xxxx vehicle) who blocked the lane and was arguing with the toll operator. Seems to be acting clueless on FasTag and cash payments.

PS: I seemed to be slightly lucky today, as it was NOT my lane which was blocked. It was the one on the left. Usually, it would be the lane which I am on.
Old 11th October 2022, 06:28   #20321
Distinguished - BHPian

Drive safe, everyone!

Not again! Heavy rains to pound city on October 12
Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/city/no...2-1152504.html
Old 11th October 2022, 07:50   #20322
BHPian

How does the situation look today? As it was raining yesterday night also.

I took “wfh” to be on the safer side.
Old 11th October 2022, 10:10   #20323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
How does the situation look today? As it was raining yesterday night also.

I took “wfh” to be on the safer side.
Some waterlogging around ORR ( Kadubisanahalli area ) but no major nightmarish situation is what I heard. Kundalahalli underpass is seeing some traffic jam as per what I heard ( due to the caved in stretches ).

Don't bother going to work this week - moderate rains forecast for today and heavy rains for tomorrow.
Old 11th October 2022, 11:16   #20324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Some waterlogging around ORR ( Kadubisanahalli area ) but no major nightmarish situation is what I heard. Kundalahalli underpass is seeing some traffic jam as per what I heard ( due to the caved in stretches ).

Don't bother going to work this week - moderate rains forecast for today and heavy rains for tomorrow.
KR Puram to Kadubeesanahalli is fully choked. Don't bother going to office today if you are driving in that direction.
raghukodali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 12:32   #20325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghukodali View Post
KR Puram to Kadubeesanahalli is fully choked. Don't bother going to office today if you are driving in that direction.
That's a ~7 km long jam
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-tbhp-jam.jpg  

itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks