Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2022, 20:05   #20461
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Not exactly a rant!

Loving the acceleration of the new electric BMTC Switch buses. Last week, I was at BEL circle, 3 cars, a BMTC (regular) bus and another car in front of me, slowing down for the red light. a few other vehicles behind me. The light is red, a Switch does a 'switchblade', Crosses the median, races about 100 mts on the wrong side and jumps the signal before the opposite vehicles have crossed the circle (again about 100 mts). The lead car, a swift/ desire had it's right ORVM clipped and may be a fender bent, but the BMTC was flying before anyone realised.

Even on Mathikere road, where all BMTC buses now ply, these buses are able to overtake where even Auto's and 2-wheelers don't have the confidence.

Anyone know the 0-60kmph of these Switch buses? Am sure it must be very good, definitely better than the ICE engines of other vehicles.

Viva La Electric!
wildsdi5530 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 22:20   #20462
Distinguished - BHPian

Traffic Alert:

Given BBMP's white-topping work in #Bengaluru's Old Madras Road stretch from 100 ft junction to Anjaneya junction, which begins tomorrow, here's the advisory:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fhnochnucaeq1yu.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fhnocfpvqaehnuy.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 06:46   #20463
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...ver-170100?amp

Bengaluru police issued a traffic advisory stating that the movement of all types of goods vehicles will be banned from 8.30 am to 10.30 am from Sadahalli gate to Hebbal flyover, starting from Friday, November 18.

Should help in removing the fast lane laggards I guess.

Last edited by itwasntme : 19th November 2022 at 06:54.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 07:38   #20464
BHPian

The best on Bengaluru traffic chaos I came across, was a Joke on the same. It goes as -
"I hired a Cab to go to my home from office. On the way I saw my neighbour walking. I offered him a lift which he declined politely saying He is in a hurry"

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 19th November 2022 at 07:40.
Amrik Singh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 13:06   #20465
BHPian

Sums up the coordination between different civic agencies in Bengaluru.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20221124130434_twitter.jpg
FURY_44 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 14:02   #20466
Distinguished - BHPian

Better pencil this into your calendars for December 13-17! Hope they hold it in relatively out-of-the-way places like JWM Golfshire or BIEC, else CBD will be at a standstill.

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/be...r-1165167.html
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 14:15   #20467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post

Attachment 2383250
From my home there are only 2 roads to reach my office. They had dug up and blocked both of them

I realized it only after starting from home and was stuck in the same spot for 2.5hours !!!
Old 24th November 2022, 14:37   #20468
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2383250
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
From my home there are only 2 roads to reach my office. They had dug up and blocked both of them

I realized it only after starting from home and was stuck in the same spot for 2.5hours !!!

Wish I had seen these messages earlier. Started from home near Ayyappa Nagar to reach Manipal Hospital Whitefield. Was stuck for a long time and then decided to go all the way to KR Puram through Devasandra and then through the railway underpass onto Whitefield main road.
What should've taken 30mins for 7kms took 2hrs 15mins
Old 24th November 2022, 17:58   #20469
Distinguished - BHPian

Information:

Bengaluru traffic cops plan to end manual vehicle checks.

Quote:
Bengaluru city traffic cops are preparing to do away with manual interception of motorists for violations and document verification.
Cops will track motorists for violations through their city-wide network of surveillance cameras 24X7 and send notices to the violators' doorstep.
Gearing up to implement Intelligence Transport Management Systems (ITMS) on city roads by January, BTP officials will focus more on smart surveillance and motorists' compliances with the notices.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th November 2022 at 18:01.
Old 24th November 2022, 18:59   #20470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Information:

Bengaluru traffic cops plan to end manual vehicle checks.

Gearing up to implement Intelligence Transport Management Systems (ITMS) on city roads by January, BTP officials will focus more on smart surveillance and motorists' compliances with the notices.
The part in bold will be a failure for sure. It'll come down to manual checks to get erring motorists to pay pending dues. It's a story already happening in Mumbai / Maharashtra.
Old 24th November 2022, 19:24   #20471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Not exactly a rant!

Loving the acceleration of the new electric BMTC Switch buses.
That depends whether you are seated or standing in the bus.
If you are standing , it can be hell the way the drives accelerate and brake.
Pity the conductor who has to balance about while still using both his hands to issue tickets.
Old 26th November 2022, 15:38   #20472
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2383250
Recently the Bangalore Traffic Police Twitter account posted tweets about an unknown party digging up sections of a main road in the Hoodi area of Whitefield. The tweet mentioned that they were unaware of who had dug up the road and that the Bangalore Municipal Corporation (BBMP) was not responding to calls from the Police to help fill the pit. Further details emerged later that the road had been actually dug by the Water Dept (BWSSB) and in the process they had damaged underground wiring laid by Electricity Dept (BESCOM). So this mysterious pit was actually dug by BESCOM to fix the damaged wiring and then left open.

Isn't this a hilarious yet serious reminder of how the various civic agencies work and coordinate with each other in Bangalore.
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 18:12   #20473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Recently the Bangalore Traffic Police Twitter account posted tweets about an unknown party digging up sections of a main road in the Hoodi area of Whitefield. The tweet mentioned that they were unaware of who had dug up the road and that the Bangalore Municipal Corporation (BBMP) was not responding to calls from the Police to help fill the pit. Further details emerged later that the road had been actually dug by the Water Dept (BWSSB) and in the process they had damaged underground wiring laid by Electricity Dept (BESCOM). So this mysterious pit was actually dug by BESCOM to fix the damaged wiring and then left open.
Thanks to your research, the mystery is now solved.
FURY_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 04:33   #20474
Senior - BHPian

I have been noticing traffic cops at many vantage locations leading up to Hebbal flyover from Kogilu cross and Jakkur exit of KIA elevated highway. It looks like a strict clamp down on heavy vehicles to keep them off Hebbal flyover.

Yesterday (a Saturday) mid-morning the traffic flow over Hebbal looked, well, like a flow rather than stagnant. Was it divine providence or did regular users notice any perceptible improvement lately?
Old 27th November 2022, 07:51   #20475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
...It looks like a strict clamp down on heavy vehicles to keep them off Hebbal flyover.

.... Was it divine providence or did regular users notice any perceptible improvement lately?
It's a drive from the new special police commissioner for traffic. They have been posting about it on Twitter.

Your guess is as good as mine on how long such measures/or the commissioner himself will last in this city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks