Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2022, 17:06   #20566
avk
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Not a rant but wanted to post a query on parking. If I need to go to the GPO where can I park my car? Not sure if GPO has dedicated parking for customers.

Last edited by avk : 11th December 2022 at 17:33.
Old 11th December 2022, 18:27   #20567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHW View Post
Instructions by Special Commissioner of Traffic Police to decongest traffic in Whitefield and Mahadevpura areas
This brings a little Hope for people crossing Hope farm enroute to office and back home. Its been horrible to spend 20-30 mins just to cross it twice to enter my apartment complex coming from Kadugodi.
Old 11th December 2022, 18:50   #20568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
Not a rant but wanted to post a query on parking. If I need to go to the GPO where can I park my car? Not sure if GPO has dedicated parking for customers.
GPO has parking slots for visitors in the premises, (it has been some years since I visited the place though), give it a try.
The nearest alteranate for assured parking would be in cubbon park (if parked near near the metro station, it would be a short walk).
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 12:25   #20569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
NNot sure if GPO has dedicated parking for customers.
As whitewing mentioned, GPO does have parking space. However, its limited in number, though have never found it full.

Alternative, park at Cubbon park - enter from HAL office - Aircraft display and then go towards aquarium / police station side inside the park.

Second option inside Cubbon park is to get in to entrance of High court and park inside the park from there.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 10:13   #20570
Senior - BHPian

Since these sort of queries have been asked and answered before, I hope it is fine this time too.

I have an event to attend at Prabhat Kaladwaraka - which as I understand is inside Koramangala Club. What is the parking situation there? Are non-members allowed to park? What is the parking situation in the neighbourhood? I'll need to leave the car parked for something like 6-7 hours.
Old 21st December 2022, 10:59   #20571
BHPian

So this (holiday) period + the actions taken by the new Traffic Commissioner seem to have reduced the traffic jams in the city. Deep reds are now red, reds are amber, ambers are green. Office commute on ORR has been better as well.

Hence, I got a bit too optimistic when I had to attend a social dinner yesterday evening. It involved crossing Iblur junction, driving on to Sarjapur road for about 5kms ahead. Boy was my optimism slammed to the ground when I approached Iblur junction around 7pm. What a royal mess!

Took me about 30mins to cross Iblur junction and Anand sweets junction. A distance of 1 km. And even post that, there was considerable, crawling traffic on Sarjapur road. Overall journey of 5 kms took me 50mins. So while returning, I loitered around even after the dinner got over, only to leave at 11pm and was back home in 12mins.

Sarjapur road is in dire need of some serious problem resolution. Its too narrow, has too many connecting roads and u-turns and way too much traffic to handle. Lesser said about Iblur junction the better. Why the heck was the flyover made with such miserly intention!
drive2eternity is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 14:20   #20572
Distinguished - BHPian

Fellow is either tripping (pun intended) or has a solid sense of humour.

https://www.deccanherald.com/amp/cit...9-1173650.html
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20221221141842.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 09:59   #20573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Fellow is either tripping (pun intended) or has a solid sense of humour.
One part of this making the journey safe and comfortable is the 'stringent interview process' which the drivers do before allowing the passenger to board the vehicle. Civil Service interviews are cake walk when compared to this.
sachinpk is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 10:06   #20574
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I have an event to attend at Prabhat Kaladwaraka - which as I understand is inside Koramangala Club. What is the parking situation there? Are non-members allowed to park?
I'm not sure if non-members are allowed to park inside the club premises or even if they have parking inside!

The street outside is very wide and I've always seen cars parked on both sides, but do check for no parking signs before you park. I'm sure you can find a safe, legal parking spot somewhere in the vicinity. This is also just off the main Koramangala kalyana mantapa road which is fully commercial with shops, business establishments and eateries, so that road is an option as well.
Old 22nd December 2022, 12:16   #20575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Koramangala Club. What is the parking situation there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I'm not sure if non-members are allowed to park inside the club premises or even if they have parking inside!
Oh sorry, I should have posted an update. I had gone there last Sunday. The club has some paid parking for non-members at surface level, uncovered (space for about 50-60 cars). Member-only parking seemed to be in the basement.

The cost was displayed as Rs. 50 for first 3 hours plus Rs. 25 for every additional hour.

Of course there is kerbside parking all along the mains/crosses in the vicinity, but on Sunday I found that to be mostly occupied. My guess is towards evening, it would be tough to find space.
Old 22nd December 2022, 13:34   #20576
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Anyone knows why NHAI is unable to complete a simple underpass on KIAL expressway at the Sadahalli junction? It started off as a simple 'magic box' like the others, but is now stillborn for the last many years.

It raises my hackles every time I drive past!
By the way, the main carriageway at Sadahalli junction is open now, BUT be observant at the signal for rear-endings especially at night.

Some vehicles stop while others don't bother. Perfect recipe for disaster!

Last edited by itwasntme : 22nd December 2022 at 13:37.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 20:27   #20577
BHPian

Travelled via MG road at what was earlier peak hours ~9:30 am, was pleasantly surprised with smooth flowing traffic, never got stuck. The new rules seem to be working!
One sore point I have is that they were not letting Autorickshaws on to MG road, wouldn't such an approach encourage more private vehicles to get onto the road ?

Here's Mr Salim explaining the changes he & his team have initiated. Good to see a Govt official trying to bring in changes for the good.
Old 22nd December 2022, 21:37   #20578
Senior - BHPian

Elections round corner. Hope all these changes and effectiveness will continue beyond that too.
Old 23rd December 2022, 09:20   #20579
Senior - BHPian

I can see that a lot of effort is being put in to decongest the ORR stretch between Hebbal and Gorguntepalaya signal and the signal itself.
Since yesterday afetrnoon, the right turn towards Jalahalli village just before the Jalahalli ROB is closed. This right turn was leading to long pileups especially during peak hours on MES ring road sometimes stretching beyond BEL circle underpass and also on the ROB.
Anyone wanting to go towards Jalahalli village from BEL circle side now have to take the small road on the left of the ROB, take a 'U' turn under the bridge and then turn left towards Jalahalli village road. Currently this road can take only small cars and 2wheelers as the entrance is narrow.

google streetview image attached. the portion marked red is closed now.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-mes2.jpg
sandsun7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 09:32   #20580
BHPian

Its amazing how one good leader in the government can make life so easy for citizens! I can see plenty of positive changes in the traffic of Bangalore roads after the new chief took charge and I wish we had many such leaders in other government departments as well.

With strategically placed one ways in and around whitefield area, we can now keep moving with less stress instead of having to wait for signals. The fuel and time spent in traveling the extra km or so to take U turns would anyways be wasted while waiting in a traffic jam. Unfortunately many people including the well educated ones living in areas like Big Bazaar signal, Graphite India signal, Vydehi etc are not realizing this and are resorting to wrong side driving which not only increases their risk of accident but also slows down the whole traffic flow
The cops do take action when we complain in Twitter by sending some men to collect fines but as soon as the cops go, its all back to lawlessness!

Dear Bangalore citizens, the traffic cops have started doing their bit to ease our life on road. Please do your part as well by growing a head with a brain and follow some simple traffic rules! Rant over.
nagr22 is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks