Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 22:26   #2086
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

i was camped out on the JNC road in Koramangala last Saturday and found something useful to do other than spotting BHPians. the JNC road is a one-way, but looks like some people don't give a hoot:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_8138.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_8145.jpg

Even women!!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_8147.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_8148.jpg

(Taken from the ORVM)
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_8150.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_8153.jpg

(Taken from the ORVM)
Name:  _MG_8154.JPG
Views: 627
Size:  151.9 KB

Even the cops!!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_8156.jpg

(Taken from the ORVM)
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_8158.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc01144.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc01146.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc01147.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc01150.jpg

^ take a look at the first biker - he's riding in the wrong direction, whilst checking out the two girls on the footpath! now that's true multi-tasking

do any of these look dumb to you, so much so that they cannot distinguish between right and wrong? no, they choose to break the law because they know they can get away with it!
Old 15th February 2011, 09:01   #2087
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

What are these people upto? Specially in a city like blore. This is increasing each time I come to blore.

BTW, in the pic that i had posted, i was doing 150 kmph and pic was taken by my wife. I had placed the phone on top of the meter console so that i can get to click these crazy drivers.
Old 15th February 2011, 09:15   #2088
Senior - BHPian

@IronH4WK: I take this very same road almost every day to walk to office and return. I never knew this road was a one-way! So many offenders for that matter, that you can't make out who's on the right side of the law

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
BTW, in the pic that i had posted, i was doing 150 kmph and pic was taken by my wife. I had placed the phone on top of the meter console so that i can get to click these crazy drivers.
Nice to hear that you were not multitasking - driving and clicking

Last edited by silversteed : 15th February 2011 at 09:16.
Old 15th February 2011, 09:24   #2089
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
What are these people upto? Specially in a city like blore. This is increasing each time I come to blore.

Interesting. You admit to be driving at almost double the permitted speed on Indian Highways (80 kmph) and call others crazy.
Old 15th February 2011, 09:38   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post

After about 5 mins of waiting and a couple of turns of the lights later, a silver lancer approached. the driver stopped well before the exit of the hotel and signalled for me to merge

Thank you, considerate driver! may your tribe increase
Now this is exactly what I've been making my dad to do lately. My dad is really happy when he sees the baffled expressions on the faces of those 'benefiting' out of this. The only thing is, sometimes, some wise guys behind us tend to honk a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i was camped out on the JNC road in Koramangala last Saturday and found something useful to do other than spotting BHPians. the JNC road is a one-way, but looks like some people don't give a hoot:
They probably follow the great saying "Where ignorance is bliss, it is foolish to be wise"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Interesting. You admit to be driving at almost double the permitted speed on Indian Highways (80 kmph) and call others crazy.
Pardon me, agreed 150 km/h is a bit over the top in India, but I don't see the relation/comparision between overspeeding and coming down the wrong way. The latter proves fatal to vehicles regardless of their speed.
Old 15th February 2011, 09:41   #2091
BHPian

Date : 13th Feb

I was coming from Madiwala side having to go to Shopper's Stop. Signal's Red. I am parked behind the line.

There's a metal fence done to demarcate the split towards Dairy Circle.
Suddenly saw a bike coming from the Dairy Circle side with the headlights on. The guy cooly takes a U turn and goes off.

More horror. Saw a Santro with headlights on, doing the same thing. The driver deffo looked educated. I asked him to go upto the St John's Jn and then take a U turn. The guy just feigned ignorance and took the U turn.

That was it. I moved up and parked my puny lil Spark to block any more guys from taking that turn!

So much of education in the city and so much ignorance. Even when you try to teach, the egoes dont want to learn!
Old 15th February 2011, 10:24   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post

Pardon me, agreed 150 km/h is a bit over the top in India, but I don't see the relation/comparision between overspeeding and coming down the wrong way. The latter proves fatal to vehicles regardless of their speed.
Imagine 100s of bicycles driving in both directions on a one way road. And imagine you driving at 150kmph on a 4 lane highway and suddenly a cow coming in front of you.

and imagine me driving at 80kmph right behind your flying car!

Which one of these 3 situations would you say have the highest chances of fatal accident?

Regards,
Old 15th February 2011, 10:32   #2093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
AFAIK, JNC Road was one-way (with one way sign opp Bhima Jewelers). Now that sign has been cleared. So that means its 2 way now.
Old 15th February 2011, 10:59   #2094
Senior - BHPian

We get to hear about driving cars at 140/150 and check the stability. Isn't that dangerous and illegal too. What is the maximum allowable speed limit anywhere in India? Thats the problem. We are interested in problem caused by others all the time.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:01   #2095
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
We get to hear about driving cars at 140/150 and check the stability. Isn't that dangerous and illegal too. What is the maximum allowable speed limit anywhere in India? Thats the problem. We are interested in problem caused by others all the time.
That is exactly what my point is about.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:13   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Imagine 100s of bicycles driving in both directions on a one way road. And imagine you driving at 150kmph on a 4 lane highway and suddenly a cow coming in front of you.

and imagine me driving at 80kmph right behind your flying car!

Which one of these 3 situations would you say have the highest chances of fatal accident?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
There is absolutely no way we can consider that driving 150 kmph on a busy road is "less illegal" than driving in the opposite direction on a one way.He has absolutely no right to find fault of others when he himself is breaking the rule.
Why not add a situation in which you are driving at 100 km/h in the middle of the night, you are overtaking a truck, and suddenly a goods auto without headlights/radium comes in the opposite direction all of the sudden?
And have you ever seen 100s of bicycles driving in both directions of one side of a highway? Navin has done 150km/h on the highway and not in town.
Oh, and it is not clear if you've listed 2 or 3 situations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Well, as far as I'm concerned, I am not justifying overspeeding, but I just want to say that, Navin travelling at 150km/h is not as fatal as vehicles coming down the wrong side of the road. Honestly speaking, I feel, as long as one slows down before junctions and such, 140km/h is perfectly safe on Indian highway IF and only IF there are no jokers coming down the wrong side of the road, people follow lane discipline and there are no stupid villagers and their bulls roaming the highways. But because these do exist, I do not advise reaching 150 km/h as of now.

The probability of people driving the wrong way killing me is much more than the probability that someone at 150km/h in the correct direction will.

BTW, I've seen roads having a marked speed limit of 100km/h
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
AFAIK, JNC Road was one-way (with one way sign opp Bhima Jewelers). Now that sign has been cleared. So that means its 2 way now.
Well, from the pics, it definitely seems to be a 1 - way.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 15th February 2011 at 11:17.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:14   #2097
Senior - BHPian

There is absolutely no way we can consider that driving 150 kmph on a busy road is "less illegal" than driving in the opposite direction on a one way.He has absolutely no right to find fault of others when he himself is breaking the rule.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:23   #2098
MCR
BHPian

This happened yesterday evening on Bannerghatta road in front of Shoppers stop. A silver santro was behind me. Then as we reached SS, he overtakes me from the left and abruptly cuts me off as he sees a two wheeler in his lane. The Santro had a TBHP sticker and the registration number was KA-05-MD-xxxx. I had to really brake hard to avoid hitting him, and was in the danger of getting rear ended by a BMTC bus.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:23   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Why not add a situation in which you are driving at 100 km/h in the middle of the night, you are overtaking a truck, and suddenly a goods auto without headlights/radium comes in the opposite direction all of the sudden?
And have you ever seen 100s of bicycles driving in both directions of one side of a highway? Navin has done 150km/h on the highway and not in town.
Oh, and it is not clear if you've listed 2 or 3 situations.

Dude, the whole idea of my post was to imply that both the situations are equally dangerous. And justifying one by saying that it is done on indian highways and another on city roads is, in my opinion just a way to fool ourselves.

The interesting thing to not here is that one situation is in our control and other is not.

Regards,
Old 15th February 2011, 11:38   #2100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, from the pics, it definitely seems to be a 1 - way.
I had seen the one-way board and now that board is cleared.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks