Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 10:27   #2371
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
4) The police are among the many audacious law-breakers.
Very much. Here are a couple of pics.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo0495.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo0227.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
For the last few days, Carmelram-Varthur road is heavy with truck traffic To make the matter worse we have morons like this who creates a seperate lane making a 5 minute traffic hold up to a 50 min traffic Jam.
Here are some i had clicked, and the Innova pic was taken along the same route.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo0513.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo0264.jpg
Old 14th June 2011, 22:49   #2372
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Here are few more morons today morning at Carmelram. The railway gate was closed. Due to these the vehicles started moving 5 minutes after gate opening

These are private vehicles most probably folks who are graduated (literated), working in some MNC, earning more than they need even if they go late to office! These are examples that other folks who are less fortunate would follow! God save us! or can he?
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-carmelram_moron-1.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-carmelram_moron-2.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-carmelram_moron-3.jpg  

Old 14th June 2011, 23:22   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Very much. Here are a couple of pics.
Benbsb, why don't you put these pics in the facebook page of Bangalore traffic police ? It seems they take it pretty seriously as it is a public forum.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:07   #2374
BHPian

Here are from today incidentally even high end cars (assuming these are folks who are at higher positions in an organization etc) are immune to others plight.

What you see on the 2nd pics is lady driver, she was trying to overtake every other vehicle and couple of instances she was too close and lucky to have escaped without accident!

Whoever out there, if you are seeing this post, please help us and the world by obeying the traffic rules atleast during critical times (when traffic is halted for some reason) and critical places (where you have only space for 2 or 1 vehicles to pass through). This will make our country import less fuel, reduce pollution, reduce stress level, avoid loss of life/limb/property and help us all reach our destination on time, everytime
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-carmelram_moron-4.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-varthur-road_moron-5.jpg  

Old 16th June 2011, 13:19   #2375
BHPian

Not a rant but information about jams plaguing Inner Ring Road for last two days. My commute time has increased by 20 minutes least and tomorrow onwards I am planning to travel by Bike.

BWSSB has planned to dig Challaghatta road towards EGL for pipe laying work and it may start work any time. During this pipe line laying period (close to 3 months) Challaghatta road will be closed for commuting.

As per Bangalore Traffic Police your morning commuting time may increase by 30 minutes and evenings upto 1 hour as 5000 extra vehicles gonna hit Inner Ring Road and HAL Airport road.

Source: Yahoo Groups COCO
Old 19th June 2011, 12:11   #2376
Team-BHP Support

This dodo thought he'd save his time and fuel and in turn risk someone's life; found reversing his way on Marathahalli flyover.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc00629.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc00630.jpg  

Old 19th June 2011, 12:40   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This dodo thought he'd save his time and fuel and in turn risk someone's life; found reversing his way on Marathahalli flyover.
Rofl!!!
Just today morning, my dad and I were on the way back from Jayanagar, and we encountered a blue MM Max reversing at 30-40 km/h bang in the middle, yes, not in the middle of a lane, but in the MIDDLE of the ROAD itself, while reaching Bangalore Central (turn right and you go to Garuda mall)!!!!
We found it more hilarious than frustrating and laughed uncontrollably.
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:38   #2378
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, maybe slightly OT for this thread but related to Bangalore Traffic Police !
A few months ago I was in Koramangala, took a left turn from Hosur Road/Adugodi after Bosch (the road that has Raheja Arcade). I was heading to a restaurant in Raheja Archde and did not see the "No U-turn" sign when I neared the next intersection. As soon as I turned there was a cop who flagged me down. I realised my mistake when he told me why I was stopped and agreed to pay the fine. But I was shocked when he pulled out his Blackberry mobile and gave me the chargesheet - it was for Rs.400 ! When I qiestioned him he said "Rash driving" was what he used as offence since there was nothing for "illegal U-turn". After arguing with him for a while I just paid the fine and proceeded not wanting to spoil my day. Till today I haven't figured out what the offence should really have been (as per BTP) and the fine amount I should have actually paid. Even after checking on the BTP website and seeing some pictures of boards (on TBHP) with details of offences and fines I haven't found this, so it's a mystery. Any help in this regard is appreciated - at least if it happens to someone else they will have enough information to handle the situation since I'm pretty sure I was taken for a ride by the concerned inspector.

EDIT:My best guess is it should have been signal jumping so Rs.100/- spot fine

Last edited by NPV : 23rd June 2011 at 13:43.
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:42   #2379
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
EDIT:My best guess is it should have been signal jumping so Rs.100/- spot fine
Nope the inspector was correct to use his discretion.

Taking a U turn where you shouldn't can be a fatal mistake for someone else. Because the traffic on the other side wouldn't be aware that some one would actually take a U turn where one should not.

As per the section 279: Rash driving or riding on a public way.-- Whoever drives any vehicle, or rides, on any public way in a manner so rash or negligent as to endanger human life, or to be likely to cause hurt or injury to any other person, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to six months, or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, or with both.

If you look at it his interpretation is valid.

Jumping Signal is not at all relevant. Unless you wanted to pay a smaller fine
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:05   #2380
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

@spitfire - thanks for enlightening me on this rule (section 279). But I'm surprised that signal jumping is not considered rash driving since that can also match the 279 rule (rash or negligent as to endanger human life, or to be likely to cause hurt or injury to any other person).
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:50   #2381
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
But I'm surprised that signal jumping is not considered rash driving since that can also match the 279 rule (rash or negligent as to endanger human life, or to be likely to cause hurt or injury to any other person).
Valid Point. And they do that.

If you are caught for signal jumping they will add Rash and Negligent driving too to your fine.

So it signal Jumping + 279
Old 24th June 2011, 12:47   #2382
Distinguished - BHPian

A few rants and photos from my side

Horror show at the Railway Level cross between Hoodi and KR Puram. Too many morons on the road. Everybody is in a hurry and end up delaying everybody. Myself and my cab mate had to get down and divert these moron to ensure we finally moved from this grid lock.

This school bus driver was the first culprit and he was one of the main reasons for being stranded close to 45 mins.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-17062011138.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-17062011139.jpg

2-Wheelers are not better. Somebody has to really pack a punch to drive home simple traffic sense into the brains of these morons.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-17062011140.jpg

Our Bangalore's beloved auto. Was wondering what was the really hurry for this guy even without any passengers

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-17062011141.jpg

One more auto guy. We drove this guy back in to the lane.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-17062011142.jpg

Whats safety? See this pic.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20062011148.jpg

These guys dont mind somebody taking their photographs of being really stupid on the road.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 24th June 2011 at 12:49.
Old 24th June 2011, 16:42   #2383
Team-BHP Support

^^ The above has a regular feature at the Graphite signal near Whitefield. Cab/mini-bus drivers routinely line-up on the opposite lane to get off the signal early.

What follows is anyone's guess.

Since just 3 days, there have barricades put up so traffic is slightly more stream-lined.
Old 24th June 2011, 19:56   #2384
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Common feature in most roads in Bangalore (whether there is a median/divider or not) - when signal turns green everyone uses the right side (wrong side which is for oncoming traffic) to move ahead !
What irrirates me most is that while I patiently wait in line to go straight ahead of a signal, most of the smarter guys use the wrong side and move ahead much before me, making me feel stupid.
Similar sitation wherever there is a railway cross, they make it seem like it's a one-way ! Will these morons ever learn OR in hindsight should it be people like us who must learn and become smarter ? dilemma

Last edited by NPV : 24th June 2011 at 19:59.
Old 25th June 2011, 14:47   #2385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Since just 3 days, there have barricades put up so traffic is slightly more stream-lined.
While that is indeed a good move, have you seen the bottleneck this has created in the evenings? Around 5 PM, the backlog extends all the way till the Dell office on that road!! I Thank God i use the other direction to get out of Whitefield.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks