Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 18:45   #2401
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Here is a picture of an Alto that is about to take an illegal U-Turn on Double-Road.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-09062011293.jpg

People might think that this is quite trivial. But what they don't know is, despite two 'no-U-Turn' boards, people still break this rule. They don't seem to realize that it's highly dangerous, especially on this particular stretch. Traffic flows pretty freely on this part of the road most of the time and if one idiot decides to take a U-Turn here, some one who may not be fully aware of him, might rear-end him.
Old 30th June 2011, 19:09   #2402
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Here is a picture of an Alto that is about to take an illegal U-Turn on Double-Road.

Attachment 569861

People might think that this is quite trivial. But what they don't know is, despite two 'no-U-Turn' boards, people still break this rule. They don't seem to realize that it's highly dangerous, especially on this particular stretch. Traffic flows pretty freely on this part of the road most of the time and if one idiot decides to take a U-Turn here, some one who may not be fully aware of him, might rear-end him.
HA! I come across such fools everyday, as I'm a morning walker at Lalbagh!
Every single minute, you will see at least 2 vehicles U-turning (not taking the U-turn; there isn't one!) on this road.

Besides, it is also prevalent towards the end of MG Road and many other places.

OT: I saw one or 2 corpses among flowers and plenty or policemen / vehicles, a crowd w/ two wailing woman, on the road leading to the "Floral Clock" gate of Lalbagh this morning. Do you have any idea about what happened?
Old 30th June 2011, 19:58   #2403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
The road from HSR to Agara on ORR is now one way. Vehicles coming on the opposite way have to take a turn at the Indian Oil bunk and go inside HSR.

I am happy as well as the stretch here at peak hours was too much.
Yes, this helps for sure. I was more surprised with the stretch after sarjapur junction! Around bellandur too.
Old 30th June 2011, 21:12   #2404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
HA! I come across such fools everyday, as I'm a morning walker at Lalbagh!
Every single minute, you will see at least 2 vehicles U-turning (not taking the U-turn; there isn't one!) on this road.

Besides, it is also prevalent towards the end of MG Road and many other places.

OT: I saw one or 2 corpses among flowers and plenty or policemen / vehicles, a crowd w/ two wailing woman, on the road leading to the "Floral Clock" gate of Lalbagh this morning. Do you have any idea about what happened?
I see it everyday too. I usually take this route to my college on weekdays. In the span of 2-5 minutes that I spend on this stretch of Double-Road, I see a minimum of 5 vehicles breaking rules. Two-wheelers generally ride over the divider and go onto the wrong side of the road and this is very dangerous for those coming down from the Richmond-Circle flyover and going towards Lal Bagh.

Heck! I've seen a couple on a bike with a child of impressionable age with them, doing this. It's utter blasphemy and disregard for not only law, but their safety.

The things people do to save 2 minutes here and there.

P.S. No clue about the procession today. Oh and by the way, this very signal that you see in this picture has been inactive for a whole week. The chaos is indescribable!
Old 1st July 2011, 01:02   #2405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Same scene @ BTM Lake road before joining the ring road! If the traffic piles up little longer, people start loosing patience. Once the rick or taxi breaks the lane and move in wrong direction, others just follow. Vehicles who overtake and block the opposite sides and then merge to the left side, and vehicles entering this road from BMTC bus stand make it worst for the people who are desciplined and following the lanes patiently!
Yup, I face the exact same problem on that route and today I've decided to click pics of these guys and upload here. Around 10.15am today, we all were waiting on our side and traffic from opposite was moving smoothly. And suddenly and Auto went taking the wrong side and followed by this Wagon-R and blocked the whole road. You can see another car coming from opposite side had to take a difficult turn.Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-idiot1.jpg

And then as usual other idiots followed suit and blocked the whole road. And these all are actually the so called educated illiterates who probably will never understand. I really wanted to get down and shout at these guys but they'll never learn anyway. So I thought I'll just put these up on BTP facebook page. Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-idiot2.jpg

And then, again today while returning from office just after Shopper's stop, this stupid cab guy was trying to coming in the opposite direction. Can you think how much moronic this guy is to even try that with that kind of traffic. I've blocked his road for few moments then I let him go as otherwise I would've blocked the cars behind me. Took a pic but didn't come out well as it was night. :(Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-idiot5.jpg

And here is the last one, this is just before the new flyover construction at ORR Mahadevpura. Here there is a U turn and then on the other side there is this More outlet. People like this Alto guy go on opposite side of the road to reach More outlet or may be the side road next to it. All they need to do is take the U-turn and then come to service road just after 50mtr but no, they'll not do that and endanger other people lives.Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-idiot3.jpg

Sorry, there is one more, someone have recently broken the divider just below the railway underpass on ORR and people happily take U-turns there. It's very very dangerous as the vehicles are not at all visible from the vehicles coming on the opposite side of the road and can really cause some serious accident there.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-idiot4.jpg
PS: That Indigo cab initially wanted to take the U-turn and then changed his mind and didn't take it and took the proper U turn which is ahead, so I've masked his number.
Old 1st July 2011, 01:14   #2406
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
PS: That Indigo cab initially wanted to take the U-turn and then changed his mind and didn't take it and took the proper U turn which is ahead, so I've masked his number.
It would seem that the only reason he decided to abort that stunt was to avoid his car being beached on the elevated part of the divider. Had it been a Sumo, he would have made it happily, and even boasted of the same to his dudes.
Old 1st July 2011, 01:19   #2407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
It would seem that the only reason he decided to abort that stunt was to avoid his car being beached on the elevated part of the divider. Had it been a Sumo, he would have made it happily, and even boasted of the same to his dudes.
Actually that probably is the case. I've noticed mostly MUV/SUV's (and of course Bikes taking that U-turn. I hope this illegal turn will be blocked soon before anything major happens.
Old 1st July 2011, 10:34   #2408
BANNED

Quote:
And here is the last one, this is just before the new flyover construction at ORR Mahadevpura.
I see this everyday. I am regular shopper at More.

I take the Uturn and come. Especially when I am getting out of More these morons block my exit. Couple of times I have got into a fight here.

But then it quickly it gets turned into a kannadiga Vs non-kannadiga round. And all know the outcome of those.

Quote:
Sorry, there is one more, someone have recently broken the divider just below the railway underpass on ORR and people happily take U-turns there
Guess who has broken these? The contract trucks hired by the BWSSB which is digging up that part of town.

Now to give you some information on how corrupt this whole city and the majority of citizens are.

When I saw these trucks carrying the soil over the median. I went to the guys managing them. The guy brushed it off saying it is a contract and we are not involved. I said ok.

He gave me a number and name. I contacted the guy. I spoke to him on phone and he agreed to meet. He was some junior guy but well spoken. He told me the trucks are taking the shortcut because they have to go to a particular village around to dump the soil.

I said why not dump it closer (there is lot of open space there). He said there is a nexus here and asked me not to get too involved.

I probed him more and he said. See all the soil coming out of this digging is going to cover a part of a Lake for a powerful guy in that area who is building a apartment colony there.

So I asked him some more. He gave me the spot and details. So I went there and did see the horrible mess they are creating. One building construction has already started on the reclaimed area. I thought I would go in as a customer. The guy who was trying to be nice was drunk at 1230 hours. He told me how they will reclaim more to build another 6 buildings.

In the meanwhile all trucks were still coming in.

When I tried to probe more some of the people warned me saying I will get into trouble if I continue like this.

So I backed out.

I now plan to plant some trees in that spot where they drive through. Waiting to get the permission from BBMP. They apparently have some norms on the type of plants to be planted and who needs to do it. A common tax paying citizen like me cant do it.

This place is in deep... man. Real deep. I pity the majority of the spineless citizens of this city.
Spitfire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 17:31   #2409
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's an example of how common it is to find people driving/riding vehicles on the wrong side (in one-way streets too!)
I drove from Indiranagar 100 feet road towards BEML gate via 13th Main Road (Sai Darshan Road), Jeevanbima Nagar Main Road and then on New Thippasandra Main Road and here are some pics (of course there were many more but we could not get pictures of all of them):
1.On 13th Main Road near the post office (this is a one-way)
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1.indiranagar-13-th-main-near-post-office.jpg

2.On Jeevanbima Nagar Main Road (notice the goods carrier on the left of the picture, wrong side that too at a cross road junction)
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-2.jb-nagar-main-road-near-bata.jpg

3.On New Thippasandra Main Road near Ganesha temple (this is a one-way)
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-3.nt-main-rd-near-ganesha-temple.jpg

4.Again on New Thippasandra Main Road near Kanti Sweets
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-4.nt-main-rd-near-kanti-sweets.jpg

5.One more on New Thippasandra Main Road near post office
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-5.nt-main-rd-near-post-office.jpg

In short, on a 10 minute drive I saw at least 10 morons on the wrong side !
Luckily I had a friend as co-passenger who helped take these pics,pardon the quality of pics taken from mobile phone.
Old 1st July 2011, 18:28   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, I face the exact same problem on that route and today I've decided to click pics of these guys and upload here. Around 10.15am today, we all were waiting on our side and traffic from opposite was moving smoothly. And suddenly and Auto went taking the wrong side and followed by this Wagon-R and blocked the whole road. You can see another car coming from opposite side had to take a difficult turn.Attachment 570037
I take same road and story is same everyday. Once I even argued with a cop regarding this. Thought of taking pic of this traffic mess many times but decided not to.

But one LUCKY day I took a look at my rear view mirror (during peak hour traffic) and found this. I took the pic immediately because you do not see this at this junction everyday, look at the lane discipline. I was lucky to witness this (pardon that bike guy)
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btm.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 1st July 2011 at 18:37.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 19:39   #2411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
But one LUCKY day I took a look at my rear view mirror (during peak hour traffic) and found this. I took the pic immediately because you do not see this at this junction everyday, look at the lane discipline. I was lucky to witness this (pardon that bike guy)
Is this Bangalore? Have you photoshopped it ? Just kidding. It's so nice to see such thing. This proves that we still have hope and we also can follow the rules.
Old 3rd July 2011, 00:45   #2412
Team-BHP Support

Has someone noticed? When you go from Marathahalli towards Old Airport (just after the Marathahalli signal), about 200m from the junction, there is a tiny lane that comes from the left forming a T-junction (just before Brand Factory). For so long, U-turn was illegal there yet a lot of vehicles took it causing traffic pile-ups on either lanes. Now, the U-turn not allowed board itself has been removed. Leads to terrible traffic on that narrow lane.
Old 4th July 2011, 09:08   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Is this Bangalore? Have you photoshopped it ? Just kidding. It's so nice to see such thing. This proves that we still have hope and we also can follow the rules.
Even I encounter this kind of descipline on the road once in a while! It just takes one rick to spoil this. People just need one role model to follow, as they dont want to lead the indesciplined extra lane!
Old 4th July 2011, 16:03   #2414
BANNED

Retired judge takes a

I am not surprised. LOL!!
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 16:22   #2415
BHPian

This man is one of those so called 'activist judges'. And he actually claims that he is not breaking any law!!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Retired judge takes a

I am not surprised. LOL!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks