Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 16:44   #2416
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Retired judge takes a

I am not surprised. LOL!!
Are retired judges allowed to have beacon light on their cars?
I am not surprised at the inability of the traffic constables. There is one traffic constable that I see everyday near Indiranagar 100 ft road. His duty is to stop the vehicles on the main road, so that vehicles coming from the by-lane can merge smoothly onto the main road. Instead, he just stands there and asks people to go ahead and cut into the traffic on the main road, which leads to some amount of chaos. I was not happy about this and told him what he is supposed to do. He just told me that he is helpless as no one stops when he asks them to. I was not happy with his reasoning and carried on with the turn only when there was no traffic. Now, everyday I reach this turn, I look at this guy and give him a stern look. He, in turn tries to do his job while trying to avoid looking at me.
I feel that the traffic constables lack power and confidence in their abilities.
Old 4th July 2011, 16:51   #2417
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
This man is one of those so called 'activist judges'. And he actually claims that he is not breaking any law!!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
He says there are no board saying don't take right! Spoken like a true lawyer. Guess he thought tape is to inaugurate! He brings his own scissors! LOL. Not sure if putting a tape legally holds good for not crossing! any expert comment?
Old 4th July 2011, 16:51   #2418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Retired judge takes a

I am not surprised. LOL!!

"I slowly take a right turn, without inconveniencing anybody."

I slowly rob the bank, without inconveniencing anybody.
Plus, there is no SIGN saying "do not rob the bank"!!!
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 16:53   #2419
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Yes, he is supposed to be a beacon for civil society. So now what?? Isnt it an oft repeated ironic situation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
Are retired judges allowed to have beacon light on their cars?
Yes they are, if they are on some committees, office of something something.

Quote:
I feel that the traffic constables lack power and confidence in their abilities.
Take him to the Udipi Garden Signal near BTM. There is a constable who with a stick in hand uses it like it should be. Ever seen a cattle grazer herd the cattle? He actually does the exact same thing. Here the cattle are the glorious citizens of this city. One awesome guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Not sure if putting a tape legally holds good for not crossing! any expert comment?
The tape is between traffic boards erected by the authority (Bangalore Traffic Police). Totally legal. I guess the authorities need to show that they have some well... you know what. When the society itself is a spineless one we cannot expect the authorities to be any better.

Last edited by Spitfire : 4th July 2011 at 16:58.
Old 4th July 2011, 17:55   #2420
Team-BHP Support

Everyone knows how notorious the Sony World signal, Koramangala is on weekend nights; cops literally shove their noses into every driver's mouth to check alcohol levels.

On sat night, I was returning thru' that road when I saw a cop measuring the breath of the driver of an Esteem next to my car. Something must have been wrong because the cop got in and sat next to that driver. In the 5min that the cop was sitting inside, the driver kept pointing his finger to something on his windshield; they were arguing about something. Finally, the cop got out.

It was only when the cars started moving that I saw a sticker that resembled the Vidhan Soudha.
Old 6th July 2011, 22:22   #2421
BHPian

Scene 1: Was travelling on the new airport road(bellary road) and was cruising at a speed between 70-80 kmph
Scene 2: Cops from the Interceptor slow us down to the extent of almost stopping, Driver gets a little scared because there's a slight chance of him being above 80
Scene 3: The cops let us go and catches the vehicle behind us, We were under the speed limit, the guy behind us wasn't, The only way to stop him would be to stop us.
Clever move on the part of cops! How I laughed, and my driver had a sly smile on his face!
Cheers!
Old 7th July 2011, 09:43   #2422
BHPian

Quote:
The tape is between traffic boards erected by the authority (Bangalore Traffic Police). Totally legal. I guess the authorities need to show that they have some well... you know what. When the society itself is a spineless one we cannot expect the authorities to be any better.
Sure tape is put by authorities. What I wanted to know is will this hold as do not cross as per law. Because I couldn't find any statement in law saying what kind of sign boards are acceptable. Being retr judge, it will be veri difficult to punish. He will surely question on what account. Can police prove that tape is proof of *legal sign*? I doubt that, he will question law itself. When it comes to common sense lawyer always point out that law isn't clear and our legal system buys the argument, promptly put recommendation to govt. Knowing how our govt works, it prompt sleeps on all recommendation till next big controversy happens.

Just to check let someone go through RTI to know what action police taken judge in *tage gate scandal*. I am sure answer would no action as legal framework didn't permit them!
Old 7th July 2011, 10:25   #2423
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
What I wanted to know is will this hold as do not cross as per law.
People are getting away with murder in this country. Crossing the tape for the Retd. Judge is candy from a child.

No nothing will happen. At the least to save his dignity (or whatever is left of it) he will pay the fine and give statements that he will never do it again.

His biggest loss though could be the loss of credibility some of us had in him. But his immediate cronies and chamchas breeding on such lawlessness will not make him realize it. Pity him. That's it and get on.
Old 15th July 2011, 10:36   #2424
Senior - BHPian

To the rider of honda activa or something similar, with number AP 28DC 4622, wearing red shirt. Dude, when you hit a stationery vehicle, the least you can do is apologize. And the last thing you should do is throw attitude.
I hope to never run into you again. Because if i do, then only God can help me. You'll need help from nothing less than Rajnikant

I know this has been discussed before, but after today's incident i feel like repeating it. Most of the out of state two wheelers are indeed more rash than KA bikes. In particular, and in no specific order, KL, AP and TN are the biggest offenders. I've seen some MH and GJ bikers too but they seemed to know their responsibility.
Old 15th July 2011, 11:34   #2425
Team-BHP Support

Can't wait till 22 July - Auto Strike!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 12:53   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Can't wait till 22 July - Auto Strike!
Yeah. I too jumped with joy reading that. However, the sad part is the 40000 new autos which Mr Yeddy has planned now! So, its going to get worse with more 3 wheeler morons cutting across, swearing and the general source of annoyance.
Old 15th July 2011, 13:10   #2427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Yeah. I too jumped with joy reading that. However, the sad part is the 40000 new autos which Mr Yeddy has planned now! .
How many will actually come on line? Auto drivers hardly earn much. They are squeezed by rising fuel prices, high initial costs on one side and strong competition - volvo buses and meru cabs on the other. Alreasy, auto's wont go to whitefield as getting a return fare is tough. Add to that stressful traffic and it does not add up.

Our building supervisor/ watchman was paid not that much in cash but his son's education + all health care was taken care by us all. we also helped in emergencies. He upped it and became an auto driver. His daughter used to work for us and told us he had changed - drank and fought a lot. Leg and back pain.
Old 15th July 2011, 17:00   #2428
Senior - BHPian

Its their attitude that needs to change, once the auto drivers (not all but most) change it I am sure more of us wouldnt mind taking autos. I for one have been forced to take my bike or car after being refused by these morons quite a few times.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 18:44   #2429
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
How many will actually come on line? Auto drivers hardly earn...

...Leg and back pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Its their attitude that needs to change, once the auto drivers (not all but most) change it I am sure more of us wouldnt mind taking autos. I for one have been forced to take my bike or car after being refused by these morons quite a few times.

Most Auto fellows, I've noticed, throw a lot of attitude, refuse to give the exact change and then expect to get unrealistic sums of money when people approach them to avail their services. I don't understand why they can't be nice and accommodating. If they are, we would probably not mind giving them a tip and wishing them well once we disembark.

It's understood that if you're nice to your customers, chances are that they would, in all probability return the favour and some might even express their appreciation in the form of a tip.

Arguing over the fare will only create a bitter moment that can be avoided, and if not, the customer might not want to part with his change and would demand for it. Auto's can strike all they want. It's only they who will suffer. The public will find their way to get to school/college/office/mall, but small pittance that they earn, will only get smaller.
Old 15th July 2011, 21:39   #2430
BANNED

I am happy that more Auto's are coming on the roads. Let them fight amongst each other.

Two incidents that will forever be etched on my mind about Auto drivers in Bangalore is one of a young lady getting slapped by one in broad daylight in the middle of the city and another of a polio affected person dropped about 600 meters from his doorstep only because the Auto didn't want to take a U turn in the small lane.

I feel no pity for this class of people in Bangalore. The one's who are good amongst them don't have the spine to correct the bad amongst them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks