Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2011, 13:54   #2791
Senior - BHPian

SRK is supposed to be visiting Royal Meenakshi Mall on Bannerghatta road today evening. Avoid going to that area if you dont want to get stuck in jams i guess, unless you are a die hard SRK fan.
Old 16th October 2011, 17:14   #2792
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Please do upload his photo sir,so that if I ever face a similar situation with him(slim chances) i can give him a thrashing for you also
Old 16th October 2011, 19:07   #2793
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Na baba. I wont be caught dead near him!
Old 16th October 2011, 22:11   #2794
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Please do upload his photo sir,so that if I ever face a similar situation with him(slim chances) i can give him a thrashing for you also
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

Hey amitoj, punterccrx8s would be thrashing SRK!! You should join him.

But I think he meant this guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
He looked really funny, so I clicked a photo of him.
Old 17th October 2011, 12:39   #2795
Senior - BHPian

Having experienced the Bangalore traffic recently I can say that the lane following is missing in the otherwise good driving experience thriough the traffic. Fortunately the traffic from airport to MG road at 9.30 pm at night was farely good but the traffic while returning to airport was bad till the Mekhri circle (Did I get this one right?) after which it was a breeze. Fortunately the cab driver for both the journey was the same and a good fellow he was.
Old 17th October 2011, 15:16   #2796
Team-BHP Support

Those staying around Marathahalli will corroborate this.

Since the last month or so, the traffic build-up on Marathahalli bridge is unusually pronounced. Earlier, there was a jam on the lane leading towards Kundalahalli gate. Now, it is the lane going towards HAL.

And the jam is so bad that there are vehicles all the way down till the Spice Garden stop.

In the evenings, same story. I stopped heading out on sat/sun because I can't bear being stranded for an hour right in front of my house.

I think the U-turn just after Marathahalli signal is one reason, does anyone have a clue why the situation turned so bad suddenly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Having experienced the Bangalore traffic recently I can say that the lane following is missing in the otherwise good driving experience thriough the traffic. Fortunately the traffic from airport to MG road at 9.30 pm at night was farely good but the traffic while returning to airport was bad till the Mekhri circle (Did I get this one right?) after which it was a breeze. Fortunately the cab driver for both the journey was the same and a good fellow he was.
Oh, you didn't drive yourself did you? That's why it was a good experience thru' the traffic

Mekhri circle is one lousy spot no doubt.

Btw, amidst all the gloom, there is good news (finally!). Better late than never : Bangalore Metro opens to public at 4pm Thursday - The Times of India
Old 17th October 2011, 16:02   #2797
BHPian

They have removed one more U turn bay near Mekhri circle near the Shell petrol pump. Off late the traffic pile up is very high all the way from Croma till the Sanjay Nagar exit.
Old 17th October 2011, 17:54   #2798
BHPian

I saw Three Cars(all white Board) in one hour drive, all taking a sudden left/right turn with our showing Indicators, missed one by a whisker.

For most of us learning never stops, for few of them learning never starts.
shenoytech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 10:48   #2799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
They have removed one more U turn bay near Mekhri circle near the Shell petrol pump. Off late the traffic pile up is very high all the way from Croma till the Sanjay Nagar exit.
THis is becoming ridiculous. Basically they are saying "The traffic has increased and has become unmanageable, so we don't want you to reach your destination. Just keep going round in circles and we hope the traffic will become manageable."

No wonder we find motorists in Bangalore going in the wrong direction. How can we hope for the traffic discipline to improve when such moves leave no other choice to motorists?
Old 19th October 2011, 11:14   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
THis is becoming ridiculous. Basically they are saying "The traffic has increased and has become unmanageable, so we don't want you to reach your destination. Just keep going round in circles and we hope the traffic will become manageable."

No wonder we find motorists in Bangalore going in the wrong direction. How can we hope for the traffic discipline to improve when such moves leave no other choice to motorists?
Agreed. The U Turn there was not needed in the first place as 100 metres after that you have a bridge for Sanjaynagar and one can take a U Turn below that. Now they have changed it. But the U Turn for Sanjay nagar while coming from the Airport is left undisturbed.
Old 19th October 2011, 11:48   #2801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed. The U Turn there was not needed in the first place as 100 metres after that you have a bridge for Sanjaynagar and one can take a U Turn below that. Now they have changed it. But the U Turn for Sanjay nagar while coming from the Airport is left undisturbed.
That's a relief! Don't know for how long though . Else if one had to go to Sanjaynagar while coming from Airport then he would have to go all the way upto the Mekri Circle overbridge , cross the signal and then take U to come down the down ramp.

They had recently removed the U turn in front of Cauvery theater to go towards Sadashivanagar while coming from Bellary Road. We now have to go up to Windsor square if we have to go to Sadashivnagar from Bellary road. I was scared I would have to do similar stunts to get to my home in Sanjaynagar from the Airport.
Old 19th October 2011, 11:51   #2802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
They had recently removed the U turn in front of Cauvery theater to go towards Sadashivanagar while coming from Bellary Road. We now have to go up to Windsor square if we have to go to Sadashivnagar from Bellary road. I was scared I would have to do similar stunts to get to my home in Sanjaynagar from the Airport.
The best way to go to Sadhashiv nagar/Malleswaram/Vyalikaval from Bellary road is take the right at Mekhri circle, above the flyover, and then the second left. That's much shorter and traffic is also lighter.
Old 19th October 2011, 12:20   #2803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The best way to go to Sadhashiv nagar/Malleswaram/Vyalikaval from Bellary road is take the right at Mekhri circle, above the flyover, and then the second left. That's much shorter and traffic is also lighter.
Yup that's the only option now. In fact I take the New BEL Road and then take the small road in front of Sadashivanagar Police Station to get to my office in Malleswaram. During morning hours traffic around Mekhri cricle is scary!

All these one ways and 'U turns' mean that the onward route and return route between two areas are invariably completely different in our great city.
Old 21st October 2011, 20:16   #2804
Senior - BHPian

A few days ago, some authorities dug up the Kudlu gate junction, along the service road. The soil seems to be too fine, so the dug up place looked like a sine wave. Yesterday morning, an overloaded sand truck took a right turn towards Kudlu. Its front tires went into the ditch and came out. Its rear wheels went it, but never came out. All he could do was, wheelspin!!! That caused a huge jam on Hosur road as well as the Kudlu road.

At the same place, an overloaded cement truck got stuck in the same fashion.

When I saw in the evening, someone had dumped more mud in that ditch.

Who can we blame?

------

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
But I think he meant this guy
Here is that hero:
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-15102011337001.jpg  

Old 21st October 2011, 22:08   #2805
BHPian

EVERYDAY these BMTC buses try bullying me.
Blocking the free left lanes, hogging the fast lane, jumping signals. My horn is always blaring at them. Thank FIAT the Punto has an awesome horn.
Things got worse today. At ASC centre (we were joining OA road from Hosmat) we were in the left lane when we suddenly heard screeching of brakes and the bus in front of us swerved to the right. In a fraction of a 2nd, we swerved to the right along with the bus, since there were no vehicles behind us, as it seemed like someone crashed in the left lane. To our utter disgust, there was no such thing! The newer Marcopolo in front of our man had stopped to drop passengers and our man swerved to overtake him! And to our horror, the swerver too stopped in the middle of the road blocking to lanes to pick up passengers! Lost it and shouted kannada expletives at the fellow, honked at him for the next 1km till he yielded ; by then the clock clicked 8:00 and I was getting late, so had to forget the incident to go away. :frustrati BTP is doing a great job I must say!

@rohanjf: When I travel from Koramangala via graphite junction towards Diary circle in the mornings the roads seem like one ways, thanks to the opposite parties taking up the whole road. No amount of honking or shouting makes them move, let alone show signs of apology or regret. Again, the BTP deserves a rather firm tap on the back.

Here's a tip off; seatbelt rule enforcement coming up pretty soon.

Most Viewed