Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2011, 12:54   #2881
Team-BHP Support

Re: How to minimise rear end damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Today while going to office...

...End result, damage to my car, nil. Damage to Rio, dislodged bumper. Damage to car in front, nil.
All ye so called safe and attentive drivers (me included), please take a look at this!

This is exactly what attentive driving contributes to the city. A pile-up chain-reaction may be, at the end of the day, the fault of the last driver who was day dreaming behind the wheel. But the drivers involved in the middle aren't quite as attentive as they should be either.

Kudos Amitoj!
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 22:49   #2882
BHPian

Re: First time self-drive inside Bangalore (after nine years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Tasted Bangalore traffic!

There was a perpetual traffic-pile-up on the 'nayandanahalli' junction where the mysore road cuts the ring road and new road construction was going on.
This stretch is one of the most dreaded stretches in Bangalore. Unfortunately I am forced to travel on this road almost daily. The 1 Km. stretch from Raja Rajeshwari Nagar Arch to the Mysore Road-Outer Ring Road junction takes about 20 ~ 25 minutes. Metro construction and an Underpass (grade seperator) construction is taking its toll on daily commuters using this section.
Old 31st December 2011, 13:23   #2883
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Today I witnessed a very funny incident. Some of us already know who big the speedbreakers at the railway crossing near Decathlon on Sarjapur Road are. Whenever I take my neighbour's i10 there, its bottom always gets bumped. Thank heavens I chose Palio!...
Travelled on this route a few days back. The railway crossing section has been asphalted and I got a feeling that they have "trimmed" down the speed breakers a bit.

-- Wind
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:28   #2884
Oxy
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Today I witnessed the heights of idiotism at Hope Farm Junction while coming from Kadugodi.

When I approached the signal, it turned yellow. I stopped. The counter began - 180 seconds! I patiently waited till the counter came down to 5 seconds and started my bike. When the counter is at 1 second, I am almost ready to go when I see that the lights have not turned green.

Now the timer is blank and the traffic on my left, i.e. coming from Channasandra and going towards ITPL starts moving! I am like "What the heck!".

Then after a further agonising 1.5 minutes of wait, the lights turn green and I start to move! No wonder the Bangalore public is so impatient and seem to be in perennial hurry everytime. Can you imagine waiting almost 5 minutes at a signal? I don't know at how many places in Bangalore this happens, but it certainly justifies all the unnecessary honking and what not.
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:38   #2885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Today I witnessed the heights of idiotism at Hope Farm Junction while coming from Kadugodi.

When I approached the signal, it turned yellow. I stopped. The counter began - 180 seconds! I patiently waited till the counter came down to 5 seconds and started my bike. When the counter is at 1 second, I am almost ready to go when I see that the lights have not turned green.

Now the timer is blank and the traffic on my left, i.e. coming from Channasandra and going towards ITPL starts moving! I am like "What the heck!".

Then after a further agonising 1.5 minutes of wait, the lights turn green and I start to move! No wonder the Bangalore public is so impatient and seem to be in perennial hurry everytime. Can you imagine waiting almost 5 minutes at a signal? I don't know at how many places in Bangalore this happens, but it certainly justifies all the unnecessary honking and what not.
Wow! And I thought I was alone. Faced almost similar issue yesterday while coming from Channasandra and going to forum mall. I even signaled the same to police guy sitting nearby. . Dont try any wrong doing at that signal, a surveillance camera sits overhead!
Old 2nd January 2012, 14:27   #2886
Team-BHP Support

Another blunder in planning by the team responsible for road laying. This was on the road leading from the ORR to the road in front of Alpine Eco apartments near Marathalli. Common sense would have that a busy road such as this one would be laid on a weekend, or during the holiday season when there is lesser traffic using this stretch.

But no, this was done this morning where there would be maximum impact and all hell broke loose, leading to a pileup for a long duration for vehicles in both directions.
Old 2nd January 2012, 22:56   #2887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Common sense would have that a busy road such as this one would be laid on a weekend, or during the holiday season when there is lesser traffic using this stretch.
How dare you say that!!Their holidays are as precious as yours!

But the point you make is true, the timing for road laying is immaculate, almost unbelievable!
Old 2nd January 2012, 23:45   #2888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
But no, this was done this morning where there would be maximum impact and all hell broke loose, leading to a pileup for a long duration for vehicles in both directions.
Saw them digging them up strech last week (Thursday) and very well knew that the work wont be completed by the weekend. Hence took the Kundalahalli junction today to reach Marathalli.
That road has been a mess for over 6 months now!
Old 2nd January 2012, 23:50   #2889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
No wonder the Bangalore public is so impatient and seem to be in perennial hurry everytime. Can you imagine waiting almost 5 minutes at a signal? I don't know at how many places in Bangalore this happens, but it certainly justifies all the unnecessary honking and what not.
Even Deve gowda petrol bunk junction is a very long wait. Plus it has traffic merging right at the signal on both the sides ie while approaching from BSK 2 stage and Padmanabhanagar. End result is a mess of entangled cars and bikes honking at eachother.
Old 3rd January 2012, 08:25   #2890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Travelled on this route a few days back. The railway crossing section has been asphalted and I got a feeling that they have "trimmed" down the speed breakers a bit.

-- Wind
Not trimmed down to a decent extent. Yesterday I saw a Honda City scraping its bottom. They have tarred the surface around the tracks, so one side of one hump has slightly gone up. But it does not help much :-(
Old 6th January 2012, 12:58   #2891
Senior - BHPian

Today morning, Bannerghatta road near Sagar hospital had more than usual traffic.
I was going towards Dairy Circle, when i saw a biker cut right across the traffic that green signal. He came from the petrol bunk and went towards Jayanagar. He had no helmet either.

You know what was the most disgusting thing? There were TWO traffic cops standing right there at the junction, with one of them actually in the middle of the road that goes towards Jayanager. All they did was shout at the biker, which obviously had no impact on him.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:51   #2892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Today morning, Bannerghatta road near Sagar hospital had more than usual traffic.
I was going towards Dairy Circle, when i saw a biker cut right across the traffic that green signal. He came from the petrol bunk and went towards Jayanagar. He had no helmet either.

You know what was the most disgusting thing? There were TWO traffic cops standing right there at the junction, with one of them actually in the middle of the road that goes towards Jayanager. All they did was shout at the biker, which obviously had no impact on him.
Amitoj,

Well, I guess this one's obvious. Bike+ No Helmet, most likely a Tilaknagar resident. I do not think any cops will try to stop them.

Reminds me of a incident I had at the same jn on a sunday morning at 8am. A young man on a activa+no helmet. I was on the left lane and the smart man wanted to overtake me from the left. He hit my left RVM and then dropped his bike deliberately, just to pick a fight!
I accepted all faults and responded with 'Bhaichaara' which more or less defused the situation . But in a nutshell, its of not much use at that Jn!
aqualeo2040 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 10:50   #2893
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

My wife noted an interesting cartoon sign in HSR Layout near Agara Lake somewhere today.

It showed a Traffic Cop and a Ganesha Idol.
It said -"Take care of your head, not everyone can get a replacement!" or something of that sort. Very funny I must say!

But todays traffic on Inner Ring Road was very bad - at the Indira Nagar Flyover some chaps just barged in and created two long lines of traffic all trying to take an U Turn under the flyover at the same time!

It is ridiculous that our people cant follow lane discipline and a simple queue system and be a little decent on the roads. Everyone thinks its totally cool to just barge in!

It is a hateful attitude I must say!
Old 11th January 2012, 14:51   #2894
BHPian

There seems to be digging on Bannerghatta road, just after Kalyani Motors towards Jayadeva side. As a result, traffic was completely blocked in the morning and even now, only one lane is open. This has resulted in a jam extending all the way past Fortis.

The other side is fine for now (by Bannerghatta Road standards).

Kindly use alternate routes, if planning to take this route.
Aiel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 17:56   #2895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
There seems to be digging on Bannerghatta road, just after Kalyani Motors towards Jayadeva side. As a result, traffic was completely blocked in the morning and even now, only one lane is open. This has resulted in a jam extending all the way past Fortis.

The other side is fine for now (by Bannerghatta Road standards).

Kindly use alternate routes, if planning to take this route.
Thanks for the current update.

This morning I started at 10:15 AM from my apartment near to Meenakshi temple and reached Reliance Mart at 11:15 AM, then I took the left opp to Adigas, entered JP Nager, crossed Kalyani Magnum, Delmia Circle(took straight from this signal) and rejoined bannerghatta road after Mandovi circle. Later I heard that traffic jam was extended till Gottigere..

Most Viewed