Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 20:05   #3061
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Couple of days before, I witnessed an accident just opposite to ISRO site on ORR near Marathahalli.
That particular spot is a nightmare. It might be good all round if BBMP moved the two service road to ORR changeover points to a single spot (where the break in median currently is) and setup a signal there. Currently the "right" way to get onto the southbound ORR from Doddanekkundi is to go along the service road till Malgudi restaurant, get onto the ORR, and take the U-turn at this spot. Since this takes about 1 km/5 minutes of extra driving, the time and fuel starved Bangaloreans, all going for very important meetings that they are already late to, are forced to ride wrong-way on the ORR.
Old 6th March 2012, 21:23   #3062
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
That particular spot is a nightmare. It might be good all round if BBMP moved the two service road to ORR changeover points to a single spot (where the break in median currently is) and setup a signal there. Currently the "right" way to get onto the southbound ORR from Doddanekkundi is to go along the service road till Malgudi restaurant, get onto the ORR, and take the U-turn at this spot. Since this takes about 1 km/5 minutes of extra driving, the time and fuel starved Bangaloreans, all going for very important meetings that they are already late to, are forced to ride wrong-way on the ORR.
Going till Malgudi restaurant and taking a U turn and coming back to the junctions is not 1 KM stretch. It would not take more than 2 mins to do that. In fact if you walk, it would take exactly 5 mins from the junction to Malgudi's restaurant. So if time and fuel starved Bangaloreans who are already late for important meetings can take the wrong direction and create accidents and possible threat to other human life's using that road? So fuel and meetings are important than human life? I will not agree with your argument.

This kind of thinking is what should be out of our mind. If someone is getting late for a meeting then start early from home rather than going on the wrong direction.
sabsubs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 02:02   #3063
Senior - BHPian

I travel on this route daily and that stretch that we are talking about (service road infront of ISRO) doesn't even take two minutes considering almost no traffic on that service road. I've seen many so called educated people (along with cabbies/truckers) doing what is mentioned here i.e driving on the wrong side of the road. As sabsubs mentioned, if someone is late for his "oh so important" meeting then they should start 5 mins earlier instead of breaking the rules and endanger lives of others who are on the right side of the road and not expecting some pea-brained guys trying to take a shortcut to save 5 rs worth of fuel or 2 mins of his time. Sorry sir, if I'm being harsh but I feel these kind of people don't even deserve to be on the road at all.
kaushik_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 05:05   #3064
Team-BHP Support

The BTP has done it again. With the opening of the underpass near Carnation, the junction was beginning to have some sense of sanity without the traffic getting held up, when the cops decided to have one lane of traffic go the opposite direction through the underpass.

The traffic jam at that junction last evening was crazy, extending all the way upto Marathalli.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo0861.jpg
Old 7th March 2012, 13:04   #3065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since this takes about 1 km/5 minutes of extra driving, the time and fuel starved Bangaloreans, all going for very important meetings that they are already late to, are forced to ride wrong-way on the ORR.
Quote:
I will not agree with your argument.
Sabsubs, you have completely missed the sarcasm in the post by binand. Reading the post multiple times, am sure he meant it in a sarcastic way rather than a supportive way of people riding the wrong way!
Old 7th March 2012, 16:11   #3066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So fuel and meetings are important than human life? I will not agree with your argument.

This kind of thinking is what should be out of our mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
As sabsubs mentioned, if someone is late for his "oh so important" meeting then they should start 5 mins earlier instead of breaking the rules and endanger lives of others
Quote:
It's pathetic to stay in Bangalore. No traffic sense. No humanity. No empathy. No Sympathy.
Oh boy oh boy... I would add "no sense of humour" to that list of things that ail Bangalore

That quip about "important people going for important meetings" was tongue in cheek; apologies if that wasn't very clear.
Old 7th March 2012, 16:17   #3067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh boy oh boy... I would add "no sense of humour" to that list of things that ail Bangalore

That quip about "important people going for important meetings" was tongue in cheek; apologies if that wasn't very clear.
Whoooops, I guess midnight burning of oil is the culprit here. I missed the sarcasm in your post and I was wondering how come a TBHPian can make such a comment. Sorry mate, actually I had a close shave in that exact spot with an idiot at the same place just last week and I probably was still fuming, my mistake.
Old 7th March 2012, 16:30   #3068
BHPian

Quote:

oops.. I am sorry if I had meant something wrong. On daily basis pass through the junction and see vehicles going on the wrong direction hence I am furious on all who go on the wrong direction. Please ignore my lines written against you Binand.
Old 7th March 2012, 21:02   #3069
Senior - BHPian

how often do you get to see this in Bangalore? there was almost complete silence except for the sound from the train; no honking, no sound of engines revving, just people watching the locomotive crossing the road. as soon as the last bogie crossed, the mayhem started

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo-mar-07-6-36-14-pm.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo-mar-07-6-36-29-pm.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo-mar-07-6-36-51-pm.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 21:07   #3070
Senior - BHPian

It is very unusual for this sort of silence to happen, but it happened a few weeks ago at the junction of 36th cross / Kanakapura road. No traffic from one side for a few seconds, and I could hear the silence!
Old 7th March 2012, 21:13   #3071
Senior - BHPian

IRR has been a killer for the past 2 days, I leave from Bannergatta road post 10:30pm and the entire IRR from the U turn on IRR to the Airport road Flyover is scattered with barricades, metal ones on both sides of the road hardly leaving space for even 2 vehicles to cross together. Yesterday , I was being followed by a few of cars trying to overtake and kept flashing my hazard at each barricade so that they dont crash into me or the barricades. I think there are 4 within a distance of 1 km or so.

I am sure someone will crash into someone else or into them before these smart souls remove them.

Last edited by sammyboy : 7th March 2012 at 21:17.
Old 7th March 2012, 22:50   #3072
BHPian

Hi IronH4WK, where did you spot this locomotive in Blr?
Old 7th March 2012, 22:58   #3073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Hi IronH4WK, where did you spot this locomotive in Blr?
that's on the Old Madras Road; near the Baiyappanahalli Metro depot.
Old 7th March 2012, 23:00   #3074
BHPian

Basic traffic sense has to be cultivated from foundation level may be from child hood days of a person. As of present situation it is very difficult to bring in the fundamental stuff to motorist. The cops are least bothered about the prevailing situation, they are corrupt as well. It would be a humongous task to cultivate basic traffic sense in people be it educated or uneducated. It is going to get worse as year passes. Giving license should be based on stringent written test as in western countries. Every offense should be recorded, the second time the offense is created then the license should be cancelled the person should be jailed. For this to happen then judiciary should be free from corruption. I know this would never happen in a country like India and if it happens then it would be a miracle. Can we stop bragging about the car that we use and try to change the system a bit. As a TeamBHP forum we can at least try and to something towards traffic awareness.
Old 8th March 2012, 09:38   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The BTP has done it again. With the opening of the underpass near Carnation, the junction was beginning to have some sense of sanity without the traffic getting held up, when the cops decided to have one lane of traffic go the opposite direction through the underpass.

The traffic jam at that junction last evening was crazy, extending all the way upto Marathalli.

Attachment 898500
This junction has become a joke. Today morning the single lane in underpass was open only for vehicles taking U-turn near JPMC or vehicles coming from JPMC . What were they thinking? There are enough vehicles taking u-turn there to justify one whole dedicated lane in peak hour traffic? I passed the underbridge at crawling speeds (on my bike btw) thanks to a truck carrying heavy load and that single lane was empty all the time barring couple of cars zooming past.

Most Viewed